PDA

View Full Version : Gear Shifting is veryy slow,, any solution?

vangelis
December 14th, 2008, 09:30
Hi guys,, I have 2004 Audi RS6 ABT modded up to 510BHP, The car is very powerfull and I do feel that but the problem is the gear shifting veryy sloww,, u can count a second or one and half if u use the paddal shifts once u do up or down shift then gear will responed and if u use the D mode on the gear u can feel a time between shifts,, Is there any solution for that?? I'm not sure if the ABT tunning included a flashing for TCU as well or not ,, I don't think its a physical problem with the gearbox,,so Do u think guys a good flashing for TCU will solve this issue? or what?

jtessman
December 16th, 2008, 17:22
It might help but I would start with a tranny flush and replace the fluids and filters. Check the screen for metal debris. If one of the servo valves that do the shifting is obstructed it gets sloooow.

vangelis
December 16th, 2008, 17:34
Thanks for your post,, so do you think getting a new IPT or Level10 Valve Body & Torque Converter will solve that issue?

RS6C5
December 16th, 2008, 21:00
Torque Convertor will hold more torque and the valve body will allow for faster shifts but this is all governed by the TCU and for the RS6 there is no software to take advantage of this at the moment

snoopra
December 16th, 2008, 21:46
TC and valve body upgrades are mechanical upgrades so although the TCU programs will remain unchanged, you will shift faster and hold more torque.

RS6C5
December 16th, 2008, 21:50
The TC will hold more torque yes but the TCU determines how the "shift duration" so even though the VB wants to shift in say .5s the TCU will drag the shift out to say 1.5s.

I am talking from experience even though the transmission guys says it will shift quicker it wont with the software.