PDA

View Full Version : Snow Tires and Wheels

dabull
August 1st, 2003, 03:13
[COLOR=darkblue]OK, and know it is a little early to be worrying about snowtires but it snows here in October sometimes so what tire and wheel should we be looking at for the season of the COLD? :addict: :addict:

gregoryindiana
August 1st, 2003, 06:58
There was a long thread about this a while ago.

Can't remember all the details, but contributions from Europe, Wisconsin USA among others.

taipan
August 1st, 2003, 07:05
Two threads from search :

- "HELP!!!Winter tires" http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321&highlight=pilot+alpin

- "Snow tires for the beatiful wheels" http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1590&highlight=pilot+alpin

Also, remember that snow tires should be thinner than all-round ones.
Example in RS4 owner's manual, for standard 18"x8.5 rim:
- 225/40/18 for winter
- 255/35/18 for all-round.

Depending on your rim size and width, that's an indicative range of tire size you can play around : http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/sizespecs.asp?passproductid=222

Eric

roadrunner
August 1st, 2003, 08:56
Regarding your Signature:
the last thing I remember, is you looking for a RS4, and now this Imola Yellow pops up on your Sig :0:

Well done and congrats :cheers:

BTW - you know better than that:

Avant is Audi ONLY
Variant is VW (your Passat) ;)

seb.

Snow
August 1st, 2003, 10:34
I wonder how you tuck in your "Riesenschanuzer" in the trunk of your Z3? :D
Oops, sorry. Missed the "coupé".

iconcls
August 1st, 2003, 11:59
;-)

taipan
August 1st, 2003, 20:18
Seb,
Indeed, I picked up my RS4 Imola yesterday and I should add to my signature "and a BIG grin on my face" ;-)
Thanks for the hint the english proper word for Variant (the French word is officially "break"), correction done.

Snow,
The Coupé has indeed a very practical trunk for my Riesen, the exact reason why I skipped the Porsche Boxster (and also the Murcielago and the Veyron, lousy cars :-)))

Icon,
Don't let it depress you : try a Quattro with M+S tires on a snowy road and you'll have a hell of of an experience ! Personnally that's where I have the greatest fun, climbing a fresh snowy road in the Alps in a Avant/Break/Variant sliding on all wheels, snow flying all around, it's so smooth and exhilirating, can't get enough of it !

Eric

Benman
August 1st, 2003, 20:51
Originally posted by dabull
[COLOR=darkblue]OK, and know it is a little early to be worrying about snowtires but it snows here in October sometimes so what tire and wheel should we be looking at for the season of the COLD? :addict: :addict:
snow tires? what are those?:hihi:

Ben:addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
August 2nd, 2003, 02:37
Now, BENMAN... You don't have to be mean.;) The word "snow" means something different outside California.

Snow
August 2nd, 2003, 15:10
Yeah, Benman's just jealous... :hihi:

Benman
August 4th, 2003, 15:39
Originally posted by Snow
Yeah, Benman's just jealous... :hihi:

you're right:cheers: i WISH i had the chance to do drifts in the snow. ah well...:cheers:

Ben:addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
August 4th, 2003, 15:45
The RS6 brings a whole new meaning to the concept of snow drifts.
:0:

gabeyung
August 4th, 2003, 23:34
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Benman
[B]you're right:cheers: i WISH i had the chance to do drifts in the snow. ah well...:cheers:

aaaahahaha, maybe we need it when we go lake tahoe