PDA

View Full Version : Ebay ad/ what in the world??

DHall1
December 8th, 2008, 16:17
:vhmmm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Excellent-Condition-Well-Maintained-Supercar_W0QQitemZ140287730348QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20T rucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?h ash=item140287730348&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308

:bow: :argue: :doh:

Erik
December 8th, 2008, 16:27
What did I miss?

DHall1
December 8th, 2008, 16:29
The 6ft wide carbon fiber rear wing on the deck lid.

And the hood pins drilled in the stock hood.

What did I miss?

Erik
December 8th, 2008, 16:48
Oh, I thought that was stock over in the States in lieu if of the Recaros?

I think it's mods like that that makes Audi think you're not worthy of any more RS6s? :D

http://i21.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/23/03/cae3_12.JPG

http://i5.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/23/03/c9be_12.JPG

Yellow RS6
December 8th, 2008, 17:09
That wing is hideous! So here's another yellow one. As far as I knew, there were only 2 yellow ones in the US, ordered by Champion Audi in Florida. I bought one last month and the other is at a NJ dealer that keeps listing on ebay as 1 of 1. So now here's a 3rd one. I wonder what the actual count of Imola Yellow RS6s is and how I could find out? Contact Audi maybe? I do know that yellow was not a standard color and had to be special ordered.

DHall1
December 8th, 2008, 17:18
Na, just economics that the new RS6 wont make it.

Price, price, price and exchange rate are the root cause. Add to that potential crash test dummies and EPA restrictions for selling just 500 cars. Bingo.

Well, I cant say anything about the owner below. But, I doubt he bought the car new. Audi should only care about who will buy the new models. Right?

\
Oh, I thought that was stock over in the States in lieu if of the Recaros?

I think it's mods like that that makes Audi think you're not worthy of any more RS6s? :D

http://i21.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/23/03/cae3_12.JPG

http://i5.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/23/03/c9be_12.JPG

Erik
December 8th, 2008, 18:08
I was only kidding about the new RS6 ;)

mmaturo
December 9th, 2008, 16:54
That wing is hideous! So here's another yellow one. As far as I knew, there were only 2 yellow ones in the US, ordered by Champion Audi in Florida. I bought one last month and the other is at a NJ dealer that keeps listing on ebay as 1 of 1. So now here's a 3rd one. I wonder what the actual count of Imola Yellow RS6s is and how I could find out? Contact Audi maybe? I do know that yellow was not a standard color and had to be special ordered.

I asked Riverside that (as I pointed out in an email to them that 1 of 1 is wrong) and they said there was only two per Audi themselves. Clearly not. After seeing this one I think there is actually 4.

mmaturo
December 9th, 2008, 17:01
The 6ft wide carbon fiber rear wing on the deck lid.

And the hood pins drilled in the stock hood.

Well in reading the ad the hood pins at least are just glued on...the are only cosmetic...scary.

DHall1
December 9th, 2008, 18:18
What has the world come to???

:rs6kiss:

Save your RS6s!!!!

Well in reading the ad the hood pins at least are just glued on...the are only cosmetic...scary.

Spidercat
December 9th, 2008, 23:30

I think that's actually worse.puke:

That poor car looks like it was forced to wear a bad halloween costume! A cross between Fast and the Furious and NASCAR. I hope the new owner has the good sense to remove all that nonsense, including all those ridiculous stickers. There should be an RS6 rescue fund set up for this purpose.

BLITZEN
December 12th, 2008, 07:30
I think that's actually worse.puke:

That poor car looks like it was forced to wear a bad halloween costume! A cross between Fast and the Furious and NASCAR. I hope the new owner has the good sense to remove all that nonsense, including all those ridiculous stickers. There should be an RS6 rescue fund set up for this purpose.

:lovl: :lovl: :lovl: :lovl:

SAFE4NOW
August 28th, 2009, 00:19
Does anyone have a picture saved of this car?

Steve

V8weight
August 28th, 2009, 03:51
I don't have a picture of your car in it's previous state, but I do remember a thread on Audizine a while back with pictures of your car at a body shop getting all of it's "pieces of flair" removed before you bought it. I just didn't have the heart to bring it up after you had already picked it up. I'll have to search and see if I can dig it up.

Edit: I found the old thread on Audizine, but the poster's photobucket account had expired, so the images were no longer available, but the car was sitting at a body shop in Madison, New Jersey, sound about right?

SAFE4NOW
August 29th, 2009, 17:38
I don't have a picture of your car in it's previous state, but I do remember a thread on Audizine a while back with pictures of your car at a body shop getting all of it's "pieces of flair" removed before you bought it. I just didn't have the heart to bring it up after you had already picked it up. I'll have to search and see if I can dig it up.

Edit: I found the old thread on Audizine, but the poster's photobucket account had expired, so the images were no longer available, but the car was sitting at a body shop in Madison, New Jersey, sound about right?

It's ok, I know / knew what I was getting into and paid what I wanted to pay for it... LOL.

After my most recent body shop visit, they took the time to correct the area's that were not done properly IMO.

Thank you for taking the time... I think it's funny and want to have some pixs to share when I am telling the "story"

No one believes me when I tell them about the wing...

S

DHall1
August 29th, 2009, 17:53
Steve,

You saved that car not once but twice. Anyone else may have let it go to the scrapper or not purchased.

How are you guys doing? wife?

It's ok, I know / knew what I was getting into and paid what I wanted to pay for it... LOL.

After my most recent body shop visit, they took the time to correct the area's that were not done properly IMO.

Thank you for taking the time... I think it's funny and want to have some pixs to share when I am telling the "story"

S

mmaturo
August 30th, 2009, 07:20

S

Wish i would have saved the pics as i obviously remember the posts and not just yours but the other two yellow RSs...you saved your car from just pure pathetic embarrassment. The Audi world of those that respect good design and engineering thank you.

SAFE4NOW
August 30th, 2009, 15:08
Steve,

You saved that car not once but twice. Anyone else may have let it go to the scrapper or not purchased.

How are you guys doing? wife?

Installed new OEM Rotors ( $260 each ), front wheel bearings, upper links, Phaeton brake ducts, H-Sport rear sway bar, and dropped the ride height alittle more this weekend. I am just glad I have the ability to work with this car.

Wife is still battling with her back. This will be a much longer project so to speak.

S

DHall1
August 30th, 2009, 19:05
Bring that thing over for the Julian Run in two weeks!

We will buy you dinner.

The route looks fantastic. You can run right over on I-8 and your there.

Installed new OEM Rotors ( $260 each ), front wheel bearings, upper links, Phaeton brake ducts, H-Sport rear sway bar, and dropped the ride height alittle more this weekend. I am just glad I have the ability to work with this car.

Wife is still battling with her back. This will be a much longer project so to speak.

S