PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressures

andyp
July 31st, 2003, 20:53
I just watched the web interview with Roland W. about the RS6 suspension and brakes (Roland looks about 12 years old, but he's probably been driving since he was 4!) ... in the interview, Roland suggested upping the front tire pressures by 3-4.5psi. Strange then that this wouldn't be the published setting. Has anyone experimented with pressures and if so, what have you found to be the best? How is tire life (please mention which brand of tire).

Thanks,
Andy

TheBrit
August 1st, 2003, 20:03
I've been running 40psi all round as per the info label on the fuel filler flap.

Tyre life with P Zeros was 7k, currently slightly over 10k on Conti SportContact2, but they're ready for replacing.

andyp
August 1st, 2003, 20:16
TheBrit,

How would you compare the P Zeros to the Conti's?

Andy

TheBrit
August 4th, 2003, 13:46
Had the P Zeros on from December - didn't really rate them in the cold. Grip was OK in warmer weather though & they were fine in the wet as well. The 7000 mile life was a bit of a shock though - I'm used to getting 12k or more.

The Contis really don't seem to lose much to the P Zeros. I'm sure that right at the edge of the envelope, the Zeros softer rubber will have the edge, but as a daily performance driver the Conti suits me fine. I've currently got nearly 11k on the Contis and they would run another 2/3k before they were not legal, but the nearside front wheel appears to be off it's camber and I've got some uneven wear, so I'll change them ASAP. Dealer is busy, I'm booked in on the 11th, but I'll manage until then.