PDA

View Full Version : MRC stage 2 RS6 C5 turbos

vangelis
December 4th, 2008, 11:54
Hi guys,, i saw that thread in some other fourm talking about these turbos as a stage 2 upgrade for RS6 C5,, anyone have an idea about the real cost of this upgrade,, what other things/parts need to replaced in this stage?? anyone here already installed them?? or got a feedback from a friend?? Thanks all in advance.

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/316799/rs6stage2.2.jpg

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/316798/rs6stage2+copy.jpg

cornishmoocher
December 4th, 2008, 12:09
Give them a call, or speak to Grizz for another option.......

EUROTEK//RS6
December 5th, 2008, 04:47
what exactly is the difference between the turbos?

Forse 6
December 5th, 2008, 07:25
Hi

I have had the stage 4 form mtm conversion done to my rs6 .... power is very strong running 570 bhp 800 nm

Theweak link is the gear box... as its already been rebuilt once ... so if your going for the bigger turbos take care

thanks
S

Daniel
December 5th, 2008, 08:36
@ vangelis

do you have pics from the other side of the turbos ?

there is only one problem, the stability of the gearbox...

vangelis
December 5th, 2008, 09:19
what exactly is the difference between the turbos?

I think bigger turbos than stock and need 3 inch downpipes,,bigger injectors and fuel pump,,Uprated oil and intercoolers.

I think ITP (http://www.importperformancetrans.com/volkswagonauto.shtml) and Level10 (http://www.levelten.com/index.html) they have upgrade kits to the transmission to handle such power.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14901&highlight=Level10

vangelis
December 5th, 2008, 09:20
@ vangelis

do you have pics from the other side of the turbos ?

there is only one problem, the stability of the gearbox...

No Daniel, sorry ,, i just found them in other fourm.

Mr Balsen
December 5th, 2008, 11:01
On my personnal opinion, stay away from this company. I don't share their business values and way to work.

For the gearbox, the solution is an extra cooling kit + flushing every 50 000 kilometers.

Frederic

Daniel
December 5th, 2008, 11:56
which company do you mean ? mrc or level10 ?

Mr Balsen
December 5th, 2008, 13:14
mrc

Frederic

vangelis
December 5th, 2008, 18:56
Thanks Frederic for the advice ,, ok,,how can I get that extra cooling kit?? from where?? which brands??

Mr Balsen
December 5th, 2008, 20:51
Thanks Frederic for the advice ,, ok,,how can I get that extra cooling kit?? from where?? which brands??

trick of the day:
Remove the wheel for the water pump. And put a smaller one. So the pump will run faster. Remove the valve which opened once the water in the engine is warm so the complete circuit is always opened.

MTM also designed a cooling kit but I don't have much information yet...
Contact your MTM Dealer near you.

Frederic

steve
December 6th, 2008, 10:21
running without a thermostat? :nono:

RS6C5
December 6th, 2008, 11:49
Main issue with the transmission is the TC (Torque Converter) and the software.

If both of these could be adressed (properly) then the transmission would live well and if rebuilt/strengthened could handle much more than stock.

I am looking into this now as I plan to upgrade turbos, injectors, intercoolers etc other wise I will bit the bullet and go 6MT.

Mr Balsen
December 6th, 2008, 13:39
running without a thermostat? :nono:

untrue. In country like AbuDhabi, it is so hot that the water lines will be always open !!!

Frederic

steve
December 6th, 2008, 14:42
possible, but engines are most stressed when not on running-temperature. With permanent fully opened cooling-system, this takes a lot longer.

EUROTEK//RS6
December 7th, 2008, 04:21
sounds like alot of money/risk for HP....RS6 lightly modded is the best.

RS6C5
December 7th, 2008, 04:30
each to their own :)

cornishmoocher
December 8th, 2008, 21:58
MRC....... poor values???? That would be unusual.

They are probably the most popular S/RS tuners in the Uk, They have won Audi tuner of the year for god knows how many years! They are probably the best B5 Rs4/S4/S2 tuners going.

As you all know, I am Grizz tuned, so therefore my view on this is impartial, so i am shocked to here this and it a little hard to understand.

Did you have a bad experience with them?

steve
December 8th, 2008, 22:44
for starters i'd find it more appropriate not to give any negative comment about the competition.

all imo.

cornishmoocher
December 9th, 2008, 05:14
for starters i'd find it more appropriate not to give any negative comment about the competition.

all imo.I agree, even tho I have had no work done on my RS6 by MRC, they have always been happy to advise, and even did a noise test on my car for free...even tho they know its a Grizz car, but Still, something has obviously soured his view, and maybe justly so, but I have not heard ANYTHING bad about MRC, and if any warnings need to be given to anyone about any company, I would use a PM just to give the person enquiring the heads up and not in public. All except the Audi Dealers..... who deserve everything they get, robbing, stealing bazzards:lovl:

I do know that MRC have a development RS6 which at a stage 3 (map, full milltek) is poducing 535bhp, they ar obviously going to turn this car into a 600hp beast when they put the turbines on and do the injectors etc.

Grizz is working on a ceramic brake set up and is also putting some big turbo's on his as a tester, so there will be some hea;lthy compitetion available over here, which is good for the end user.

I would have no qualms about recomending MRC, even tho I dont use them, after all, EVERY B5RS4/S4 in the UK uses them, they have even done some of the new RS6's, so I think reputation speaks for itself!

Like Steve IMHO only!

GrantG
December 11th, 2008, 17:04
MRC are very good at what they do. My car is West Tuned but I would be more than happy to let MRC or Unit 20 (Grizz) loose on my car.

The only real problem with both Grizz and MRC is the time it takes to get a response sometimes - but that is just because they are so damn busy. :0:

Just my 2p of course.

cornishmoocher
December 13th, 2008, 12:25
Grizz is so busy coz i keep him gainfully employed doing mental things to my car :) :)

snoopra
December 13th, 2008, 17:31
Grizz is so busy coz i keep him gainfully employed doing mental things to my car :) :)
+1.:lovl: :lovl:

Mihnea@MRC
January 26th, 2009, 13:01
On my personnal opinion, stay away from this company. I don't share their business values and way to work.

For the gearbox, the solution is an extra cooling kit + flushing every 50 000 kilometers.

Frederic

Dear Frederic,

I can see some things will never change, and your jealousy of our success on the French territory just keeps you going and going and going with blatant lies about us at every occasion you get.

It's very funny :dig:

We love you for making people talk about us

www.MRCTuning.com (http://www.MRCTuning.com)

Mr Balsen
January 26th, 2009, 13:12
For a first post, instead of introducing yourself, you are already causing problems...
I let everybody on this forum judge about your so typical arrogant attitude. I have been here for long enough so people know me well enough...

Anyway not interested by any discussion/fight with you.

Frederic

vangelis
January 26th, 2009, 14:05
For a first post, instead of introducing yourself, you are already causing problems...
I let everybody on this forum judge about your so typical arrogant attitude. I have been here for long enough so people know me well enough...

Anyway not interested by any discussion/fight with you.

Frederic

You are right Frederic, Mihnea@MRC you should give your reply and your introduction without any aggressiveness or any fighting way, we are in a forum and we are all here sharing our personal opinions, some may agree and some may not. Frederic started saying "On my personal opinion", so no offense, no hard feelings man.

keep it up and cheers :cheers:

Welcome to the forum :)

Mihnea@MRC
January 26th, 2009, 15:29
You are right Frederic, Mihnea@MRC you should give your reply and your introduction without any aggressiveness or any fighting way, we are in a forum and we are all here sharing our personal opinions, some may agree and some may not. Frederic started saying "On my personal opinion", so no offense, no hard feelings man.

keep it up and cheers :cheers:

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, however, there wasn't the slightest hint of agressivity, animosity, arrogance or intention to "fight" in my post, maybe you and Fred should re-read my post, I have only thanked Frederic for making people talk about me and my business...of course this was all with a tongue in my cheek, BUT I wasn't being aggressive at all... the downsides of forums I suppose...

And while we're talking about Frederic's own personal opinion, may I ask which one? As an individual who was an MTM dealer before becoming one officially or as an official MTM dealer, which he still is today?

No disrespect was ever intended towards Motoren Technik Mayer GmbH in any way, they are one of our only competitors for whom we have always had the HIGHEST respect.

With this said, I'll leave you guys to your discussion, power/torque figures with the RS6 stage2 will be made public as soon as we have finalised the whole kit.

:cheers:

Mihnea

vangelis
January 26th, 2009, 15:38
I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, however, there wasn't the slightest hint of agressivity, animosity, arrogance or intention to "fight" in my post, maybe you and Fred should re-read my post, I have only thanked Frederic for making people talk about me and my business...of course this was all with a tongue in my cheek, BUT I wasn't being aggressive at all... the downsides of forums I suppose...

And while we're talking about Frederic's own personal opinion, may I ask which one? As an individual who was an MTM dealer before becoming one officially or as an official MTM dealer, which he still is today?

No disrespect was ever intended towards Motoren Technik Mayer GmbH in any way, they are one of our only competitors for whom we have always had the HIGHEST respect.

With this said, I'll leave you guys to your discussion, power/torque figures with the RS6 stage2 will be made public as soon as we have finalised the whole kit.

Mihnea

Please reserve 1 kit for me :) ,, I will be the first customer :race:
Can you give some figures about the expected power/torque that stage2 kit can give? :deal:

Boosted-Bora
January 26th, 2009, 16:14
Are these turbos still utilizing the RS6 stock turbo housing with modified compressor and turbines?

Mihnea@MRC
January 26th, 2009, 22:00
Please reserve 1 kit for me :) ,, I will be the first customer :race:
Can you give some figures about the expected power/torque that stage2 kit can give? :deal:

We have very similar turbos running between 580 and 620PS in 2.7T engines... I'd expect at least 570 to 590 on these turbos and an RS6 if everything else is done properly...

Mihnea@MRC
January 26th, 2009, 22:01
Are these turbos still utilizing the RS6 stock turbo housing with modified compressor and turbines?

Absolutely, sir ;)

p3u
January 26th, 2009, 22:02
Details please! I love information!

Mihnea@MRC
January 26th, 2009, 22:05
Details please! I love information!

Sorry but no further details until the whole thing is completed, please have some understanding for us ;)

p3u
January 26th, 2009, 22:22
Sorry but no further details until the whole thing is completed, please have some understanding for us ;)

I understand, but I hate waiting :P

I have been waiting for a turbo kit on these cars for a long time, I need 600hp <!-- / message -->

DuckWingDuck
January 27th, 2009, 01:07
rofl@p3u trynna blow up his car.

p3u
January 27th, 2009, 03:21
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR title="Post 151357" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>DuckWingDuc</TD><TD class=alt2>rofl@p3u trynna blow up his car.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lol, not trying to blow it up, just make it go fast! :incar: