PDA

View Full Version : For those unfortunates not taking delivery...

Speedracer
July 31st, 2003, 20:23
What kind of luck are you having with your deposit?

Benman
July 31st, 2003, 20:56
i take it that it is not going quickly for you. my cousin jumped on the list to get a RS 6 as well. turned out the time wasn't right for him:( . when he asked for the deposit back the dealer (same as mine) told him no problem. yeah, well 2 months later he FINALLY got it!:bigeyes:

Ben:addict: (hope you get yours faster:cheers: )

bilbozilla
August 1st, 2003, 01:18
Putting a deposit on an American Express card always gets my deposit back quickly. If there's a problem, call AMEX or the issuing bank and then the problem is between the dealer and the issuer.

Erik
August 1st, 2003, 09:26
Originally posted by bilbozilla
Putting a deposit on an American Express card always gets my deposit back quickly. If there's a problem, call AMEX or the issuing bank and then the problem is between the dealer and the issuer.

Very clever! :0:

Speedracer
August 1st, 2003, 12:13

Yes I am having trouble. I did put it on my Visa card though. The issuing bank said that they are going to credit my account while they dipute it, but that doesn't mean that I will ultimately win the dispute. I called AOA. They told me they can't make the dealer do anything-- that the transaction is between the dealer and me. They did speak to the dealer, but he didn't appreciate my call to Audi since he hadn't yet told me how he was going to resolve it. I just got tired of waiting during his inaction. The dealer had never told me in any way that the deposit would be non-refundable, and, fortunately they don't have my signature on anything. It's typical Audi though. F-k the customer. I own an Audi and will obviously buy another-- not from him though.

iconcls
August 1st, 2003, 12:22
I think you should be good.

Benman
August 1st, 2003, 15:33
speedracer,

you will get your deposit back. my cousin also used a VISA (didn't have AMEX). just keep bugging the dealer till he finally gives it to you. but you're right. they shouldn't jerk you around. they should just refund your money and be done with it. after all, your the one that has been out the money for all this time (and possibly paying interest!).:cheers:

Ben:addict: