PDA

View Full Version : Question: The performance of the Audi R8 V10

Erik
December 3rd, 2008, 13:34
Do we know anything about the performance of the R8 V10?
If not, any predictions?

:R8kiss:
0-200 km/h?
Laptimes?
Any rumors from Nürburgring?
etc.?

A purchase, unfortunately not mine, will be based on the information so please get this thread started... :0:

Current car is a modded 996 GT3 RS. :cool2:

I think a Lamborghini Superleggera is the second choice, so any information with these 2 options vs. the other is highly appreciated.

RXBG
December 3rd, 2008, 14:23
minimum power will be 520 hp from what i have heard, which is the same as the SL's. weighing in a bit more but handling better with its magnetic suspension and no-compromises luxury the R8 would be the car of choice. torque will be the same as, if not a bit more than, the LP-560's.

i will venture 0-60 in 4.1 (official) and 3.6 (real world). 0-120 mph in 12.2. 1/4 mile in 12 seconds at 120 mph. top speed 198 mph (if not over 200). not far off the mark of the LP-560 (if in fact it only has 520 hp).

i am all ears about the nurburing times. someone please tell.

KresoF1
December 3rd, 2008, 15:36
Since power is known-386kw(525ps) we can figure out 0-100km/h: 4.0s and 0-200km/h: 13.0s, these figures are conservative...

Weight will go up 50kg or so also.

Ring time? As fast as Lp560-4 at least...

Damienr8
December 3rd, 2008, 17:16
Think the 0-60 will officially be 4.2 but will post 3.6. Nring is anyones guess. Weight will be more than the LP560 for sure, but i think it will handle better based on the R8's suspension. I think RXBG is right with the torque figures. I think HP will be 520-525.

RXBG
December 3rd, 2008, 17:18
i will venture on 7:30 ring time.

The RS6
December 3rd, 2008, 17:33
7:37 would be my bet (optimistic)
7:43 would be my bet (for real money)

:)

Benman
December 3rd, 2008, 18:02
7:37 would be my bet (optimistic)
7:43 would be my bet (for real money)

:)

I'd go with that as more weight and less power will not beat the LP560-4 time... (whatever the LP560-4 time turns out to be).

Ben:addict:

artur777
December 3rd, 2008, 18:23
LP560 time is about 7-40 as I remember...

Bodhii
December 3rd, 2008, 18:38
If he really wants the top performance R8, tell him to go with the PPI Audi R8 Razor GTR, the PPI R8 Razor, or the MTM R8.

All three will beat the stock R8 V10 around Nurburgring easily, with significant upgrades throughout the cars for improved handling and performance. Both of these tuners work very closely with Audi, and are highly respected by all of the performance sports car world. The only R8's that will out perform these three cars, will be when they upgrade the stock R8 V10. The PPI Razor GTR, really is a serious GTR type street/track model that will compete with anything stock ever made by Nissan, Porsche or Lamborghini, on any track.

RXBG
December 3rd, 2008, 19:24
If he really wants the top performance R8, tell him to go with the PPI Audi R8 Razor GTR, the PPI R8 Razor, or the MTM R8.

All three will beat the stock R8 V10 around Nurburgring easily, with significant upgrades throughout the cars for improved handling and performance. Both of these tuners work very closely with Audi, and are highly respected by all of the performance sports car world. The only R8's that will out perform these three cars, will be when they upgrade the stock R8 V10. The PPI Razor GTR, really is a serious GTR type street/track model that will compete with anything stock ever made by Nissan, Porsche or Lamborghini, on any track.

but how much will they cost? if the V10 costs 15-20% more than the V8 (which i strongly believe will be the case) he'll have a gentleman's drive to dinner car and track toy in one. truth be told- if the engines are exactly the same and audi publishes less power for the R8 just to be politically correct for the lambo folks the car will be neck and neck with the GTR.

another option will be to await a 2011 R8 GT3.

The Pretender
December 3rd, 2008, 19:27
I would choose the Novidem R8.

Jarod.

artur777
December 3rd, 2008, 19:29
I would choose the Novidem R8.

Jarod.

What are its quoted figures?

Bodhii
December 3rd, 2008, 19:57
RXBG, the 2011 R8 GT3 will NOT be a street legal car. It will be a full race configured, RWD, one seat, car without any interior niceties like AC, radio, carpeting, etc...

The Novidem R8 is easily less expensive than PPI and MTM, but its also without the serious track oriented upgrades like the PPI GTR.

Erik, if all he wants is serious increased HP for the R8, I suggest waiting until the March(?) launch,.. when VF-Engineering will show their own, well respected talents with a new supercharger setup available for the Audi R8, here in the USA. The details of that one are still under wraps, but I imagine it will have their 3 stage upgrade type packaging, each stage offering more powerful supercharger performance upgrades. And I imagine the prices from VF-Engineering will be considerably less than that from the European tuners for the Audi R8.

RXBG
December 3rd, 2008, 20:20
RXBG, the 2011 R8 GT3 will NOT be a street legal car. It will be a full race configured, RWD, one seat, car without any interior niceties like AC, radio, carpeting, etc...

The Novidem R8 is easily less expensive than PPI and MTM, but its also without the serious track oriented upgrades like the PPI GTR.

Erik, if all he wants is serious increased HP for the R8, I suggest waiting until the March(?) launch,.. when VF-Engineering will show their own, well respected talents with a new supercharger setup available for the Audi R8, here in the USA. The details of that one are still under wraps, but I imagine it will have their 3 stage upgrade type packaging, each stage offering more powerful supercharger performance upgrades. And I imagine the prices from VF-Engineering will be considerably less than that from the European tuners for the Audi R8.

i meant a road going version of it. sorry.

Erik
December 3rd, 2008, 21:00
I have driven the MTM R8, Supercharged.

The problem with this car is that you go from a high rev concept to a supercharged concept with lower revs. Cool car, but not for me.

In any case we are NOT talking about tuned cars here, we are talking STOCK, and what we can expect from the R8 V10, out of factory

Note: The LP560-4 recently lapped the Ring in 7.52, so please wake up and stop dreaming ;)
The R8 V10 is not going to do the Ring in 7.30, big no no.
http://www.sportauto-online.de/test_U_technik/supertest/hxcms_article_516921_14469.hbs

kju
December 3rd, 2008, 22:56
hehe iam no expert and i never drove a R8 or something like that (only a 03 RS6 and it was quite an experience ;) ) but i think that the lp560 will be a brutaler (more powered,faster) car. Just because audi own lamborghini and i think they always will let the lambos be faster.(kinda like political correctness,sorry for my english)
The R8 v10 will be a hypercar for people who like a smooth perfect safety and very very fast ride, like for autobahncruising and so on. But the R8 v10 will never be as brutal as the LAmbo.thats what i think...

So if your guy wants a car for extreme and plays sometimes with the mind to go onto racetrack i actually would recommend to go for the lambo.

and actually his current car is a gt3 rs , so the lambo is the right one ;)

(just my 2 words )

wedouglas
December 3rd, 2008, 23:18
Note: The LP560-4 recently lapped the Ring in 7.52, so please wake up and stop dreaming ;)
The R8 V10 is not going to do the Ring in 7.30, big no no.
http://www.sportauto-online.de/test_U_technik/supertest/hxcms_article_516921_14469.hbs

That LP560 time is garbage and not a good representation. Sportauto has the '03 Gallardo doing a 7:50, and we know for a fact that the LP560 is far superior in nearly every respect.

RXBG
December 4th, 2008, 00:20
That LP560 time is garbage and not a good representation. Sportauto has the '03 Gallardo doing a 7:50, and we know for a fact that the LP560 is far superior in nearly every respect.

i agree. i was incredulous at that time. didn't the E46 M3 lightweight do it in 7:50? come on. the LP- on specs alone- should post a time close to or faster than the GTR's. the car is only down a bit on torque over it, but weighs far less. sure, the DSG helps the GTR considerably, but the improved e-gear should make it almost a null difference.

i still predict 7:40 for both the LP and the V10 R8.

Leadfoot
December 4th, 2008, 11:38
It all depends on whether you believe the time of 7.29 for the GTR. If you do then the R8 should be capable of approaching something similar, if not then you would be inclined to believe something along the lines of 7.40~45.

I have to agree with both RXBG and wedouglas, there is no way that SportAuto's time is true reflection of the Gallardo abilities compared to other results from else where. It matches the GT2 and is a little quicker then the F430Scuderia in almost every track comparison with the exception being the ring test conducted by SA.

If the GT2 is capable of 7.32 and the Scuderia is capable of 7.39 then you could assume it will be somewhere in between this two figures and that the R8v10 should be capable of within 5~6 seconds of the Gallardo.

Regarding the acceleration time for the R8v10, think 4.2s @ 100km/h and 12.8s @200km/h, both of which I believe will be conservative.

KresoF1
December 6th, 2008, 08:54
Erik,
SPAM alert! Look at the post above and all post by this user.

The Pretender
December 6th, 2008, 09:16
All will be decided by the weight.
How much will the V10 weigh more then the V8.
What is the R8 V10 weight compare to the Gallardo LP-560.

Jarod.

Z07
December 6th, 2008, 16:06
I'm going to hazard a guess at 1580-1600kg.

Erik
December 10th, 2008, 14:30
Looks like the purchase of my friend will be a Lamborghini Superleggera, low miles.

Good choice.

chewym
December 30th, 2008, 03:13
The LP 560-4 is a very quick car.

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph/97 km/h: 3.2 sec
Zero to 100 mph/161 km/h: 7.0 sec
Zero to 150 mph/241 km/h: 15.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.2 sec @ 130 mph
In other words: 0-209 km/h in 11.2 seconds.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/supercars_and_exotics/2009_lamborghini_gallardo_lp560_4_short_take_road_ test+t-specs+page-2.html

It looks like there is a lot of potential for the R8 V10 based on the Lambo performance.

Z07
December 30th, 2008, 15:36
One magazine was saying:

0-62mph - 3.9s

Top speed - 196mph

tvrfan
December 30th, 2008, 16:16
One magazine was saying:

0-62mph - 3.9s

Top speed - 196mph

R8 V10? or Lambo

kju
December 30th, 2008, 16:37
Looks like the purchase of my friend will be a Lamborghini Superleggera, low miles.

Good choice.

wrong choice in my mind....

Z07
December 30th, 2008, 20:18
R8 V10? or Lambo
R8 V10.

This mimimum post length is a nightmare at times.

RXBG
December 31st, 2008, 15:30
R8 V10. lambo too wedgy in design. sexy. but too wedgy. and people make a foregone conclusion of who you are even before the see you. R8 on the other hand is a mystery to everyone.

was driving the other day and a 599 GTB was a few cars behind trying to catch up amidst the traffic. people kept moving over for me and being very nice, cool, and polite, smiling, waving, giving the thumbs up. the poor ferrari driver kept being cut off and dare i say ignored. sometimes membership does NOT have its privileges! :hihi:

Damienr8
December 31st, 2008, 15:50
R8 V10. lambo too wedgy in design. sexy. but too wedgy. and people make a foregone conclusion of who you are even before the see you. R8 on the other hand is a mystery to everyone.

was driving the other day and a 599 GTB was a few cars behind trying to catch up amidst the traffic. people kept moving over for me and being very nice, cool, and polite, smiling, waving, giving the thumbs up. the poor ferrari driver kept being cut off and dare i say ignored. sometimes membership does NOT have its privileges! :hihi:

Lambo is very nice, it does capture your ears and eyes. Where i used to work in Stamford CT, there were a number of ferrari's (namely F430's) downtown. Ive seen them drive by and the reactions on peoples faces were like "wow look at that ferrari, cool!". They give it a quick stare then go back to what they were doing at the time. Now, when i was downtown and that Red (black Sideblade) R8 came out of the Parking lot, people were dumbfounded. They were like "Holy shit WTF is that." People actually stopped in their tracks to stare. It's totally different from anything out there, its unique, and its something that can definitely grab attention (if you going for that).

Bluehinder
December 31st, 2008, 22:08
Lambo is very nice, it does capture your ears and eyes. Where i used to work in Stamford CT, there were a number of ferrari's (namely F430's) downtown. Ive seen them drive by and the reactions on peoples faces were like "wow look at that ferrari, cool!". They give it a quick stare then go back to what they were doing at the time. Now, when i was downtown and that Red (black Sideblade) R8 came out of the Parking lot, people were dumbfounded. They were like "Holy shit WTF is that." People actually stopped in their tracks to stare. It's totally different from anything out there, its unique, and its something that can definitely grab attention (if you going for that).

I own both an R8 and a 430 Spider, and you are right. The 430 gets looks, but people go bonkers over the R8. I'm not sure why.

HKS786
January 1st, 2009, 03:00
I own both an R8 and a 430 Spider, and you are right. The 430 gets looks, but people go bonkers over the R8. I'm not sure why.

I think it's because the R8 looks futuristic and it's the first proper Audi supercar. The 430 is "just" another Ferrari.

That said, I love the 430! lucky guy to own that and the R8.

HKS786
January 1st, 2009, 03:01
R8 V10.

This mimimum post length is a nightmare at times.

haha I know what you mean :hihi:

Leadfoot
January 3rd, 2009, 12:37
I think it's because the R8 looks futuristic and it's the first proper Audi supercar. The 430 is "just" another Ferrari.

That said, I love the 430! lucky guy to own that and the R8.

Agreed. But on purely engine note there is nothing to beat a Ferrari V8 for noise, not even the R8 can touch that. :bow:

Bluehinder
January 4th, 2009, 19:21
Agreed. But on purely engine note there is nothing to beat a Ferrari V8 for noise, not even the R8 can touch that. :bow:

So true. As nice as the exhaust note is on the R8, the 430 makes your hair stand up on end.

Leadfoot
January 4th, 2009, 22:18
So true. As nice as the exhaust note is on the R8, the 430 makes your hair stand up on end.

Yeah, even the ones on your balls. :jlol: