PDA

View Full Version : How do you adjust the clock in the RS6?

Majestic
December 1st, 2008, 15:06
Hi I just got a 2003 RS6 and I didnt get an instruction manual for the car and I was wondering how do you change the time on the RS6?

Thanks,
Allen

Rupert
December 1st, 2008, 15:46
Hi I just got a 2003 RS6 and I didnt get an instruction manual for the car and I was wondering how do you change the time on the RS6?

Thanks,
Allen

Press the menu button for the DIS (by the handbrake lever).

LIRS6
December 1st, 2008, 16:19

Pull out the knob by the time. IIRC, first time u pull it is to change the hour, which you adjust up or down by turning clockwise or counter-clockwise. pull again to change the minutes, pull again to change the month etc. When all is adjusted, you will have to pull one more time to set it.

MrBucket
December 1st, 2008, 16:48
Press the menu button for the DIS (by the handbrake lever).
Thats probably only if you have the nav, otherwise you pull out on the knob by the time and then turn it to the right or left.

Copper
December 1st, 2008, 19:14
Yeah, you're not alone with this. What a retarded design. It took me some time to figure out how to adjust the clock as well. Embarrassed to say I had to pull out the owner's manual to figure out the clock adjustment and how to program/use the memory seats. Also the dumb number of hours driving alert was another head-scratcher... oh and how to turn on the rear fog lights.... I could keep going but I won't.

DHall1
December 2nd, 2008, 02:31
BTW, what is the deal with the "number of hours driven" alert. :noshake: How do you adjust it?

Its one of those things that buggs you but forget about. I dont have a manual with me here in Colorado right now.

Yeah, you're not alone with this. What a retarded design. It took me some time to figure out how to adjust the clock as well. Embarrassed to say I had to pull out the owner's manual to figure out the clock adjustment and how to program/use the memory seats. Also the dumb number of hours driving alert was another head-scratcher... oh and how to turn on the rear fog lights.... I could keep going but I won't.

DuckWingDuck
December 2nd, 2008, 02:40
It tracks your information over the last 99 hours, MPG, avg speed, etc. You can reset it.

On the time thing, I had to read the manual myself ;D

vangelis
December 2nd, 2008, 07:07
Is it possible to switch to 12h instead of 24h mode?

skiwi
December 2nd, 2008, 08:46
ok, pop quiz - how do you turn off the dis display????

answers in a stamped self-address envelope to "anal retentives anonymous"...

answer:

hold the reset in for a second. very handy.

DHall1
December 2nd, 2008, 15:26
:cheers:

ok, pop quiz - how do you turn off the dis display????

answers in a stamped self-address envelope to "anal retentives anonymous"...

answer:

hold the reset in for a second. very handy.

DuckWingDuck
December 2nd, 2008, 17:00
It feels a little empty when you turn off the display....

colfax
December 3rd, 2008, 08:05
there is on your right side the cursecountroler bye that you can change the item and adjest it