PDA

View Full Version : New Nissan GTR V Spec info

KK265
November 30th, 2008, 22:38
http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/11/30/confirmed-specifications-nissan-gt-r-spe?blog=4

Leadfoot
November 30th, 2008, 23:41
Not the kind of spec many expected.

5hp extra :confused:
No noticeable weight saving :confused:

Definitely not the spec I was expecting. The only note worthy comments were Over Boost which sounds like the similar system Porsche adopt with the 997 Turbo and an improved suspension setup.

How in the world can Nissan expect to charge double for this. :vhmmm: Or is that rumour bull shit as well.

artur777
December 1st, 2008, 00:03
It's not GTR V Spec
It's just refined version of standard GTR for 2009 model year...
V Spec soon will arrive

Leadfoot
December 1st, 2008, 12:18
It's not GTR V Spec
It's just refined version of standard GTR for 2009 model year...
V Spec soon will arrive

Well this is what has been written in WCF on the subject.

A reliable tip-off on the Nissan GT-R Spec-V specifications has been received. Before getting into that, a strong wind of suspicion says Nissan will not release any data captured from testing at the fabled Nurburgring anymore. Eyebrows of wonder all around? Suffice to say at the Sendai Highland Raceway, where the Nismo and Spec-V GT-Rs are tested, the Spec-V was a full two seconds faster (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081201.005/nissan-gt-r-spec-v-confirmed-specifications#) than the standard car.
The engine's output has been upped to 485ps. That will work extremely well with an overboost function which is used for a more effective midrange boost when overtaking.
A number of carbon fiber features can be found inside the Spec-V, such as front seats, a rear shelf that replaces rear seats (a casualty of weight-saving), mirror switch surround as well as MFD surround. Not unexpectedly this lightweight material posts itself quite nicely on the exterior where treatment is metted out on the front grille, rear wing, ducts on the front lip spoiler and brakes are also carbon fiber. It runs on 20-inch forged aluminium wheels with Dunlop tyres as a no-cost option.
GT-R Spec-V has a new colour in Ultimate Black Pearl, said to be a purplish black, to add to Brilliant White, Red, Dark Metal Grey and Black. A base price of ¥15,750,000 ($165K, €128K) should be in order when the car goes on sale 8th January 2009.

Though on viewing the pictures supplied with the article I can see the engine spec saying 520ps (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081201.005/mini6/nissan-gt-r-spec-v-confirmed-specifications) @ 6500rpm not the 485ps WCF are saying. A little confusing, does anyone here speak Japanese that can enlighten us.

One thing I didn't know is that we now know there is a lot more lightening to the weight than first thought. The combination of front seat, no rear seats, lighter alloys, lighter rear wing, etc, should knock a good 200~300lbs off the overall weight.

emve
December 1st, 2008, 18:20
Well this is what has been written in WCF on the subject.

Though on viewing the pictures supplied with the article I can see the engine spec saying 520ps (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081201.005/mini6/nissan-gt-r-spec-v-confirmed-specifications) @ 6500rpm not the 485ps WCF are saying. A little confusing, does anyone here speak Japanese that can enlighten us.

The picture is from a year old japanese magazine with a scoop on V-spec, so 520hp is nothing more than a year old speculation.

artur777
December 1st, 2008, 19:00
What I have heard is that V Spec will have 520 or even more hp.
And it's Ring time will be close to that of the standard GTR claimed by Nissan.
IMHO, Nissan used V-Spec modified model to set up the Ring time - what we all have seen in the video! 7-25 mins is expected.

RXBG
December 1st, 2008, 19:20
sorry. most of inet agrees on the insig hp bump. which is to say- as i have always said- that the engine is at bursting point and as highly strung as it can be without going BOOM. i don't think nissan has been as honest as possible about its output, perhaps thinking it could convince people a more expensive model has more power while secretly knowing any performance improvements it may have over the std model are based strictly upon its being a lighter car. the spec V will simply handle better and be faster based upon a severe weight loss that will no longer make it a daily driver type of machine. if they double the price they'll have a flop- especially when compared to the new NSX, LFA, and R8 V10.....

Leadfoot
December 2nd, 2008, 07:54
sorry. most of inet agrees on the insig hp bump. which is to say- as i have always said- that the engine is at bursting point and as highly strung as it can be without going BOOM. i don't think nissan has been as honest as possible about its output, perhaps thinking it could convince people a more expensive model has more power while secretly knowing any performance improvements it may have over the std model are based strictly upon its being a lighter car. the spec V will simply handle better and be faster based upon a severe weight loss that will no longer make it a daily driver type of machine. if they double the price they'll have a flop- especially when compared to the new NSX, LFA, and R8 V10.....

If you believe the engine is at bursting point then what output is it actually producing, the reason I ask is because 485hp, never mind 480hp is not the kind of figures to stress a 3.8L engine which is boosted by turbos. Look at engines from Audi as an example, the old TT had 225 from 1.8L and when you multiply that up to 3.8L you get 475hp. I revved the balls off my TT and never had any problems what so ever, then look what MTM have done with the 2.0TFSI engine, it now producing 380hp or when you upscale it to 3.8L that is an almighty 720hp.

The only reason I see why Nissan are not giving the V-spec a lot more power because there is clearly more to be had going by the other engines I have mentioned is that the dual clutch transaxle is at it's limits. Audi's equivalent can only cope with 500~550Nm so unless Nissan cap the torque figures and thus make it's driving style for the V-spec to be very peaky I reckon they have chose to cap it power and concentrate on weight and handling.

Though when you read that this model is to have a torque boost in the midrange for overtaking (aka Porsche Turbo and GT2) it sounds like the gearbox can cope (minus the LC of course).

Which brings me back to my original question, do you really believe the Nissan is only producing 485hp, I don't and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see in the future when tested that the figure is a lot closer to 100hp more than that.

Will this be quicker than the R8v10? :vhmmm:

I wouldn't bet against it. :noshake:

RXBG
December 2nd, 2008, 14:18
i have always stated (and i did it in that post) that the GTR's engine has been under quoted by nissan deliberately. perhaps to add to the mystique of the car's speed given its weight, etc... or perhaps because they want to "bump" up the hp figure in the future to make it seem like they've upgraded the engine. in both cases i charge nissan of false advertising for ulterior motives.

independent tests have already shown that the engine is actually making more like 520 hp.

re: the issue of the GTR's engine tuning potential beyond stock- i think that as it is it is at max tuning, not because of the DSG tranny- but because of the block itself. i am not an engineer so i cannot prove this. were nissan to ever fit the car with a stick nothing will change except that the car will be slower (a la M5).

Z07
December 5th, 2008, 18:11
We won't know the final spec. until it's actually released. I've seen the same specs. elsewhere said to be for the Series II GTR.

Leadfoot
December 5th, 2008, 19:42
We won't know the final spec. until it's actually released. I've seen the same specs. elsewhere said to be for the Series II GTR.

Series II GTR ?????

What do you mean.

Z07
December 5th, 2008, 23:52
Series II GTR ?????

What do you mean.
There's an update to the base model planned for 2010 with 485ps, no LC and some other tweaks.