PDA

View Full Version : R8 V10 pricing

streetrod454
November 28th, 2008, 17:00
I have just spoken to my dealer today who said he attended a meeting yesterday where it was confirmed to him that the V10 will have a basic price of £100700..ouch!! in the UK. But he could not confirm what you would get for that money. I expressed my disgust at the low spec of the R8 V8 and he agreed it was not what it should be and apparently dealers are asking for a much better standard spec on the new V10.

It was also mentioned that the release date would be April next year but he could not confirm that was when the first cars would be delivered or if it was when the official order list would start up. We should have an update soon.

RXBG
November 28th, 2008, 17:34
how much quid is the V8?

TheBrit
November 28th, 2008, 19:16
I expressed my disgust at the low spec of the R8 V8 and he agreed it was not what it should be and apparently dealers are asking for a much better standard spec on the new V10.
It should have had proper MMI, not DVD Navigation Plus for a start, IMHO.

I think there's so much wrong with the R8; I really wanted to like it a lot, but it just left me bored. After you've had an RS 6, it just feels slow, noisy, cramped and clunky (low-res, mono DIS? No MMI? Bad Audi!) and a bit low-tech in comparison.

They need to relaunch it with some Vorsprung Durch Technik, not just old technology borrowed from old Audi and Lambo parts bins wrapped in a sexy new shape.

In my opinion, of course! :hihi: And with apologies to any R8 owners - I know it is really quite a good car, but I had built it up so much in my mind that reality didn't quite match up...

Leadfoot
November 28th, 2008, 22:16
I think there's so much wrong with the R8; I really wanted to like it a lot, but it just left me bored. After you've had an RS 6, it just feels slow, noisy, cramped and clunky (low-res, mono DIS? No MMI? Bad Audi!) and a bit low-tech in comparison.

In my opinion, of course! :hihi: And with apologies to any R8 owners - I know it is really quite a good car, but I had built it up so much in my mind that reality didn't quite match up...

I think your expectations was more like a normal Audi but with even better involvement than the rest but what you get is a more raw experience than any other Audi.

The R8 was Audi's effort in making the best handling mid-engined sportscar and in that they succeeded but as with everything, there is a compromise and no true sportscar will ever be a luxury GT in the traditional RS style. Not even Vorsprung Durch Technik is capable of miracles.

Z07
November 28th, 2008, 23:13
I have just spoken to my dealer today who said he attended a meeting yesterday where it was confirmed to him that the V10 will have a basic price of £100700..ouch!!

Same price as a 997 Turbo. I'd call that a bargain.

how much quid is the V8?
£76,000 base price but more likely £85-90,000 once optioned up. Secondhand they've been selling for more than this V10 base price.