PDA

View Full Version : sport auto test Cscanns, rs6, e63, m5, cls 63)

audi_ch
November 26th, 2008, 15:20
Here we go

i found severel test from the german magasin sportauto

first rs6 salon vs e63 amg, then m5 vs cls63 amg, rs6 avant, and supertest of m5 (3years ago)

you will find out that rs6 salon and m5 are pretty even concerning acceleration and braking (both test from this year)
and aswell e63 and cls63 amg are pretty even.

RS6 avant is a bit slower than rs6 saloon and m5.

M5 supertest was a massif time, but maybe cheated by bmw sending a prepared model.

the rs6 salon supertest will be (or is already hold with the example, (red saloon) above.

enjoy (klick on picture to make it bigger)

RXBG
November 26th, 2008, 15:24
i just can't imagine what this engine will do in a lighter car. certainly it will make the RS7 insane. the next RS6 too- with 30 hp bump ;0

artur777
November 26th, 2008, 15:49
14,2 up to 200kmh - not bad but could be faster!!
more or less even to m5 in general

KK265
November 26th, 2008, 19:36
Thank you!:thumb:

Leadfoot
November 27th, 2008, 11:10
Thanks for the scans. :thumb:

Even more evidence on how much better the RS6 handles against it's much lighter competition, between 1~2 seconds quicker on a lap only totaling little over a minute. That is mighty impressive.

artur777
November 27th, 2008, 13:21
Thanks for the scans. :thumb:

Even more evidence on how much better the RS6 handles against it's much lighter competition, between 1~2 seconds quicker on a lap only totaling little over a minute. That is mighty impressive.

What is the main reason for that - AWD or DRC?

audi_ch
November 27th, 2008, 15:05

3 years younger car.

But on slalom performance they are equal again, (m5 RS6) that is a bit strange.

Rs6 has better apex speed in turns. will try to scan the lap (small lap of hockenheim, with eatch turn speed.

In fact every newer car will performe better on that. See improvement of Nürnburgring lap time old rs4, new rs4, or old m3 new m3, or old m5 new m5 and of corse old rs6 8:25 to new rs6 8xxx.

I think for this improvement are different facts. Tyres (old, newer generatiosn, brakes, gearing engine etc)

i am sure, new m5 generation will be faster again, than new rs6 generation will again be faster and so on, thats for what we paying

Leadfoot
November 27th, 2008, 16:19

I think audi_ch said most of what I would have, though to address your question of which maybe making the most difference 'AWD or DRC', I think it's a combination of the two. The AWD is more efficient now that it's shifted to a 40/60 split over the old 50/50, plus there is slightly less weight over the front axle which in turn should be happening the nose turn in better and grip longer. Though the DRC is a true star in the RS6, it's moved the game on from the previous system in the RS4, it manages the weight so much better than most normal suspension setups, much better than air suspension with only MagneticRide being as good.

If only the RS6 had come with Quattro3, the resulting difference in lap times compare to the M5 would have be laughable. Maybe it will become available in the not to distance future, though someone with better knowledge of the diff itself could tell if it fits without any underbody alterations.

artur777
November 27th, 2008, 16:54
Agree with you on this point...
E63 AMG seems to be outdated already on terms of performance and handling...
RS6 seems to be a little bit better than M5 in these very terms...
And RS6 is Quattro so that means it's usable all-year round. That is awesome.

I can hardly imagine M5 to perform as RS6 in autumn or winter time...
Though next M5 is 2 years ahead so soon we will see the next round of this competition:-)

Cdo
November 29th, 2008, 14:19
See improvement of Nürnburgring lap time old rs4, new rs4, or old m3 new m3, or old m5 new m5 and of corse old rs6 8:25 to new rs6 8xxx.

I think for this improvement are different facts. Tyres (old, newer generatiosn, brakes, gearing engine etc)

i am sure, new m5 generation will be faster again, than new rs6 generation will again be faster and so on, thats for what we paying

I agree with your arguments. Do you have the times for all these cars - it would be quite fun to see the Nurburg performance :revs:

KK265
November 29th, 2008, 21:05
I agree with your arguments. Do you have the times for all these cars - it would be quite fun to see the Nurburg performance :revs:

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073