PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS5 Sportback.

The Pretender
November 23rd, 2008, 16:28
http://www.autoscoops.eu/files/imagecache/full_width/nieuws/2008/11/audi-rs5-sportback-w.jpg

Audi will introduce the A5/S5 sportback next year and short after that the RS5 Sportback with 440 hp 3.0TFSI V6 Supercharged engine with a bigger type of TVS (Twin Vortices Series) Roots-Compressor.
The key word is "Downsizing" and the V6 SC engine is the way to go.
More power, more torque, less fuel, lower CO2 emissions.
Another + point is that the handling will be up to new RS standard, lighther, faster, more fun to drive.

Jarod.

DJim
November 23rd, 2008, 19:14
so...... V6 for the RS5?? no V8 (V10)??

Leadfoot
November 23rd, 2008, 23:42
Jarod,

When I think how long ago we discussed what would make the perfect RS model, be it the RS4 or 5 and we both insisted on a 6 cylinder with a then twin turbo who would have thought that Audi also had the same idea.

Is it possible we play a small part in this possibility?

I somehow doubt it, maybe it was just the logical step to take and we happened to think of it first among our fellow members but I sincerely hope this comes to pass because all Audi needed to win over the multitude was something truly magical to drive and this might be it.

artur777
November 24th, 2008, 12:47
Jarod, thanks!

What will be the reak torque figure for this motor?
And what will be its mximum revs?
Will S-Tronic cope with this engine?

Andyuk911
November 24th, 2008, 13:38
you sure on this ....

Leadfoot
November 24th, 2008, 14:28
Jarod, thanks!

What will be the reak torque figure for this motor?
And what will be its mximum revs?
Will S-Tronic cope with this engine?

Currently the S/Tronic can cope with 369 lb-ft. Maybe this can be increased but Audi have never readjusted the transverse platform S/Tronic so this might already be the upper limits.

I was told months and months ago the torque figure would be around 500Nm, if so then the S/Tronic in current form will cope.

No idea on the peak revs.

artur777
November 24th, 2008, 14:31
May be peak revs will be about 7K?