PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson about the new RS6

The RS6
November 20th, 2008, 23:23
To make a car as big and as heavy as this — it weighs more than two tonnes — fast is not hard. To make it handle so incredibly well on a track is nothing short of astonishing.

Unfortunately, I suspect that very few people who buy this car will ever actually take it round a track. Or feel that Herculean shove in the ribcage by getting up to 120 on the motorway and burying the throttle in the carpet. Which is a pity because at all other times, and in all other circumstances, the RS6 is fairly terrible.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article5156344.ece

artur777
November 21st, 2008, 10:34
What is the general impression - good or bad?

Michaël Barbé
November 21st, 2008, 11:51
What is the general impression - good or bad?

3 stars of out 5

MB
:rs6kiss:

roadrunner
November 21st, 2008, 12:42
Cannot have them all, BUT Clarkson not liking it is not the worst in the world :hihi:

mdk
November 21st, 2008, 12:43
He doesn't understand the reason of it's existence ...

But in a saloon car that is limited to 155mph, the only reason why you might be interested in the power output is because you are penistically challenged.although he identified one ...

It’s easy to see what caused this car. Audi looked at the heavyweight horsepower fight between BMW and Mercedes and thought, “We can stop this once and for all because we aren’t going to pussyfoot around with the odd extra pony or foal here. We’re going for a whole flock of rampaging mustangs.”Finally, he doesn't like it outside the track

Unfortunately, I suspect that very few people who buy this car will ever actually take it round a track. Or feel that Herculean shove in the ribcage by getting up to 120 on the motorway and burying the throttle in the carpet. Which is a pity because at all other times, and in all other circumstances, the RS6 is fairly terrible.I do appreciate that this guy must sound different from the other reviewers but IMO this statement is false to such an extend that discredits his whole review.

Mockenrue
November 21st, 2008, 12:53
Clarkson's reviews and articles usually make for very entertaining reading, but he seems to be extremely fickle and changes his mind at the drop of a hat. As such I don't think his opinions should be taken all that seriously (and also for the reasons already mentioned). Remember - this guy actually bought a Ford GT with his own money! :harass:

KK265
November 21st, 2008, 13:00
Remember - this guy actually bought a Ford GT with his own money! :harass:
For 1-2 weeks only.Then he returned the car and took his money back.

Leadfoot
November 21st, 2008, 13:35
You have to understand why Clarkie says what he does. Would he pick one over the M5? Most definitely but would he have one himself? Probably not.

Regardless, it is still the best of it's breed.