PDA

View Full Version : Changing wheels/tires/suspension on RS6 C6

extant
November 20th, 2008, 05:27
Was hoping I could get some advice...

I've been driving my new RS6 for a few weeks now -- absolutely love it. Unfortunately, my wife and infant son in the back seat aren't enjoying it much. The suspension is too rough for them, even in Comfort mode. I was wondering what you all thought about moving from 20" tires down to 19"? Would it make much of a difference? If this is a viable option, any suggestions for wheels/tires? I don't much care for the standard 19" RS6 wheels so I'm hoping there are other options.

Alternately, is it possible to adjust the suspension settings? Perhaps soften one of them up a bit -- make a Comfort into a "Super Comfort" setting? I usually prefer to drive in Dynamic mode anyway...

Thanks in advance

mdk
November 20th, 2008, 16:21
extant welcome onboard and congratulations for your beauty :rs6kiss:

Regarding suspension I am surprised with your comments or better your wife's comments at the back seat. Have you checked pressure while cold? Is it within limits or too much?
On mine (20" rims as well) while on comfort I find the ride really smooth nevertheless the bumpy roads we get in Greece. What I have tried and it worked is to deflate the tires slightly (about 3 psi - 0,2 bars - below recommended value for load of 2 persons). This way I get less noise from the dunlops . You may try and see for yourselves.

19" rims should make the ride smoother but if you have ceramic brakes 19" is not an option!

As for the adjustable suspension I wouldn't touch.

jonas21
November 20th, 2008, 17:01
extant welcome onboard and congratulations for your beauty :rs6kiss:

Regarding suspension I am surprised with your comments or better your wife's comments at the back seat. Have you checked pressure while cold? Is it within limits or too much?
On mine (20" rims as well) while on comfort I find the ride really smooth nevertheless the bumpy roads we get in Greece. What I have tried and it worked is to deflate the tires slightly (about 3 psi - 0,2 bars - below recommended value for load of 2 persons). This way I get less noise from the dunlops . You may try and see for yourselves.

19" rims should make the ride smoother but if you have ceramic brakes 19" is not an option!

As for the adjustable suspension I wouldn't touch.

i have no idea about the dunlops but try playing with the pressure.
since my abt tuning i run my pirelli pzero's at 3.5 bar (50 psi) since thats their default value for speedy rides...

Erik
November 20th, 2008, 18:12
Perhaps MTM could make Comfort more comfy?

TheBrit
November 27th, 2008, 17:31
Unfortunately, my wife and infant son in the back seat aren't enjoying it much. The suspension is too rough for them, even in Comfort mode.
That's a real shame. I've not had anyone complain yet about the suspension in mine, even though I came from an S8 with air suspension (which is much smoother in comfort mode IMHO).

Perhaps you should borrow a C5 RS 6 for a while, then the family will think the C6 in comfort mode is wonderful! :hihi:

Of course, you could always just change the family...:addict: