PDA

View Full Version : 3.0TFSI Supercharged engine.

The Pretender
November 19th, 2008, 20:45
Inside info say that the 3.0TFSI supercharged engine will find it's way in S5 (2009), Q7, A7, A8 and R4.
Power output wil be between 290 and 333 hp.
IMHO 333 hp version for S5 and R4, 290 hp for the others.

Jarod.

RXBG
November 19th, 2008, 20:53
R4 :lovl:

is that still a fantasy some of you have? one ugly word- p:hihi: rsche

Mr Balsen
November 19th, 2008, 20:55
I have heard the opposite. This engine is in a dead end at Audi...

Frederic

ZeroCool
November 19th, 2008, 21:00
@Frederic...

Dead end? Do you really think? They just developed the engine - are they really going to give it up?

The next question is - why they are working on the 4.0 TFSI? i'm not sure...

RXBG
November 19th, 2008, 21:07

Frederic

with all the r and d this engine was surely designed for various installs. here in the US i can see it replacing the uplevel A4 3.2 engine in 290 hp form, and doing duty in the A7 as the base engine with 330 hp.

Mr Balsen
November 19th, 2008, 21:16
@Frederic...

Dead end? Do you really think? They just developed the engine - are they really going to give it up?

The next question is - why they are working on the 4.0 TFSI? i'm not sure...

I have heard a lot of problems during development and difficult to produce...

My little finger of course when he is at Ingolstadt like last monday...

Frederic

Leadfoot
November 19th, 2008, 21:38

Frederic

I am studying your words carefully and have come to this conclusion, either Audi feel that to develop the engine futher with regards to output is a waste and this engine is at the upper levels of output, refinement, economy and reliability. Or they have something else which is much more exciting and ticks more boxes.

Personally without actually sampling the engine for myself I find it hard to believe that the engine is anything other than a revelation, like the figures and economy it is producing is off the scale only a few years ago. Plus looking at both output curves in comparison to the 4.2L from the old S4, it is clear that this engine is producing much more performance almost everywhere in the rev range.

Please Frederic, enlighten us with what you mean.

The Pretender
November 20th, 2008, 05:20
Audi does not develop a new engine for only one or two models.
This engine will replace all the old 250-265 hp 3.2 V6 FSI engine's in A6, A8, A7 and the 3.6 VR6 FSI in the Q7.
Futher it will find his way in the S4, S5 and S5.

I only can see the 3.0TFSI V6 Supercharged engine on a dead end if Audi decide to use the new inline five 2.5TFSI engine longitudinal.
My question next is why they have put it in the S4 anyway if it's on a dead end.

Jarod.

Bogdan
November 21st, 2008, 17:20
I don't think it's a dead end at all. Maybe he meant that 333 hp is as far as Audi will go when power concerned, and I think that also. Of course, they will put this engine in almost all their platforms, I can even see it in a VW. As for the next RS4, more and more I believe that it will be the same 3. 0 engine but with twin turbo, on top of the engine due to space, emissions and performance reasons.