PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring GT-R Record (Marketing Video)

Erik
November 19th, 2008, 20:29
There something "Ruf" about this video :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4YiAvhA-Lyk

RXBG
November 19th, 2008, 20:55
i wish audi put out a video where the GTR is finishing its lap and the R8 V10 is sitting there in black with LED's blaring facing it on the other side of the finish line, with the driver having a coffee.

Damienr8
November 20th, 2008, 12:51
i wish audi put out a video where the GTR is finishing its lap and the R8 V10 is sitting there in black with LED's blaring facing it on the other side of the finish line, with the driver having a coffee.

HEHE. More like standing on the other side of the finishline with 2 bottles of wine and 2 hot women on each arm.

RXBG
November 20th, 2008, 17:01
http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2008/11/2008-la-auto-show-2010-nissan-gt-r-loses-launch-control.html

cross out the 3.3 second 0-60 time folks. it was never supposed to be that fast because the engineering wasn't up to task. it should have always been about 3.8 seconds. nissan was that desperate. and i suppose out of pride they'll never show how slow the actual car is by putting in a real manual tranny in it. :hihi:

PeterJohn
November 21st, 2008, 10:39
Funny that Nissan tries to blame it on abuse by customers, while the whole point of launch controle is that the car itself is doing all the work while the driver only has to press the pedal and keep the steering wheel straight.

They keep marketing this car as a racer, but when you buy one and race it, they call it abuse.

Benman
November 21st, 2008, 18:33
it should have always been about 3.8 seconds. nissan was that desperate. and i suppose out of pride they'll never show how slow the actual car is by putting in a real manual tranny in it. :hihi:

LOL at 3.8 being "slow". :D

Ben:addict:

Benman
November 21st, 2008, 18:40
Awesome video and first rate marketing gimmic. With car manufactures, talk is cheap. Nothing, and I mean nothing can take away from that time. That are several here that may think that incredible time is not that "huge". But I will say this,

Untill you drive the Nurburgring and experience it firsthand, numbers will always remain "just" numbers.

But, after you go there, then, and only then will you understand Nissan's achievement.

And no, the R8 V10 will not beat sub 7:30 around the Ring. It is just not going to happen.

Ben:addict: