PDA

View Full Version : DRC class action compensation ideas

snoopra
November 18th, 2008, 03:16
Q. What would you accept for the years of stress over DRC failure issues?
A. Me, $5K for replacement KW V3's and the associated inconveniences.

DuckWingDuck
November 18th, 2008, 04:35
lol, cash money!!!! Esp. since I just blew the money out of my own pocket for the KWs ;D

Fonzie Audi
November 18th, 2008, 13:55
i'll take $2500.00 to cover the cost of my KW parts. I'll even cover the labor.

hahnmgh63
November 18th, 2008, 14:21
I seconded that, $2500 for parts of my choice and I'll cover the labor.

gooseleg
November 18th, 2008, 14:23
I'll take $3,450, what was paid last month for the KW swap parts and labor

DuckWingDuck
November 18th, 2008, 16:35
ya, to those who chose DRC with lifetime warranty, my question is, why keep jumping down the same hole? Ya, I understand that there will be no out of pocket costs but the time and the randomness at which the DRC fails, why deal with that?

Fonzie Audi
November 18th, 2008, 16:46
Duck's right on point here - it took them 3 1/2 weeks to get my car back to me after the initial repair.

nightmare.

i had the KW's overnighted the next day. you're ASKING for more trouble as long as you have the DRC on the vehicle

mmaturo
November 18th, 2008, 19:22
Short sighted to just take cash and run for owners currently. I just don't see a car manufacturer ever agreeing to give away the $$ for after market solutions and there is a wide range of cost...$2500 to $3500, if mine were to end up $3400 but i got only $2500 I do not feel like that helped me out any. I should not have to pay anything for their design flaw. What i would like is the cost to entirely be on Audi and its suppliers to re-engineer the damn things to actually work and provide either shocks that don't fail or their own retro fit kit that they are required to stand behind for good. If they were on the hook forever they are more likely to spend the effort to redesign the system and provide every owner now OR IN THE FUTURE a permanent solution. In other words do what they should have done in the first place, design a system that will not fail during the warranty period or at least not any faster than the industry standard for similar parts.

LIRS6
November 18th, 2008, 20:35
$4k now (to cover the cost of STaSIS MS's and installation), plus $3k off my next Audi (for good will)

hahnmgh63
November 18th, 2008, 21:07
If you stick with the DRC and repairs paid by Audi, it would still cost you money. It sounds like DRC repairs are a days to weeks at the dealer on the average. You would be without your car for that long. Loner? maybe, but I doubt it at most dealers. My lousy dealer is 45min. away and the good dealer is 1.5 hours. I don't want to waste my time and money in trasportation costs, and if I don't get a loner, I have to arrange transportation for myself.

Erik
November 18th, 2008, 21:24
Dream on! :D

Aronis
November 19th, 2008, 01:52
life time warrantee AND loaner car (A8 only, no old A6 2.8 v6 )

DuckWingDuck
November 19th, 2008, 04:42
laf, count your lucky stars if you get a POS A4. Here's the thing, to be honest, I no longer feel safe with a DRC because it can go wrong at any time and it's chewed up three tyres on me now. And one of them at VERY high speeds!

vangelis
November 19th, 2008, 07:35
laf, count your lucky stars if you get a POS A4. Here's the thing, to be honest, I no longer feel safe with a DRC because it can go wrong at any time and it's chewed up three tyres on me now. And one of them at VERY high speeds!

off,, Is that possible to happen?? Actually I thought that maximum can happen is to feel noise coming from that side of failed shock obs. and feel road bumps but its safe to drive on for sometime till replacement time,, even on high speeds!!!

vangelis
November 20th, 2008, 08:57
another DRC issue :((( ,, I have been told today by agency that two shocks need to be replaced and 1 central valve. I'm sure all these parts have been replaced 2-3 months back in the agency itself, so they should give a 2 years warranty (dunno what you call it) on them same parts replaced by them. Is that right guys???