PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Australia - Stig Lap GT-R vs 911 GT2

Erik
November 17th, 2008, 16:00
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8136/imagexga5.jpg

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=WThnYCWL-5c

I think the GTR has a limiter, if it matters?

artur777
November 17th, 2008, 16:32
GTR V-Spec will be faster than 911 GT2 and you know it...
Nissan engineers have done a nice work having launched GTR...

We have several races with GTR, 911 Turbo, CL65 AMG, M5.

The result is very interesting:
GTR is faster up to 200 km/h than stock 911 Turbo, CL65 AMG, M5, but slower than chipped 911 Turbo
After 200 km/h CL65 AMG is faster due to torque, remapped M5 is faster due to gearing, stock 911 Turbo is still slower...

Due to AWD GTR will be faster for 1/4 mile than almost every RWD car.
But after 200 km/h RWD gains an advantage.

It will be interesting to look at GTR V-Spec and 997.2 Turbo and GT2!

Rutkowsky
November 17th, 2008, 17:03
It's quite a big difference between GT2 and GT-R but i'd like to see rematch, the delimited Nissan vs others.

artur777
November 17th, 2008, 19:13
Delimited GTR will be faster its non-delimited brother of course, but GT2 will be anyway faster.
V Spec is prime competitor to GT2 - let's wait a little. V Spec will be revealed in Movember-December.

and don't forget about LeMans GTR edition - it will be in the top of the market being comparable with Pagani Zonda S and etc cars...

andreadebi
November 18th, 2008, 07:44
Delimited GTR will be faster its non-delimited brother of course, but GT2 will be anyway faster.
V Spec is prime competitor to GT2 - let's wait a little. V Spec will be revealed in Movember-December.

and don't forget about LeMans GTR edition - it will be in the top of the market being comparable with Pagani Zonda S and etc cars...

GTR le mans will not be only a track racing car?Will be instead a road version car?

Leadfoot
November 18th, 2008, 07:59
This war of words and opinions on whether the GTR is as good of better than the establishment is getting tiring. :boring:

Facts are that the GTR has proven itself time and again that on the track it can upset the balance and is doing so at a friction of the price of the others.

Is it quicker than the GT2 on the track (SURE), but only when the limiter is removed. It corners better, can brake deeper into the corners and can put the power down earlier. The GT2 can lick it's wounds and say it's quicker in a straight line but the last time I looked the Romans no longer built the road systems on the world and they are now full of lovely bends. :dig:

rs4some
November 18th, 2008, 08:20
Please take no notice of what is done on that Top Gear. As an Australian i am ashamed as to how they have completely stuffed up what is an awesome show.

Also their "test track" is totally laughable not to mention the stig.

artur777
November 18th, 2008, 14:29
GTR le mans will not be only a track racing car?Will be instead a road version car?

Yes, it will be homologated for the road use...
but will be very limited edition - 10 per month

andreadebi
November 19th, 2008, 12:33
Yes, it will be homologated for the road use...
but will be very limited edition - 10 per month

interesting info,I didn't hear-read it about till now...

Z07
November 21st, 2008, 16:15
GTR less than one second quicker than a CLK63 AMG. Yeah right.