PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Concern

Family Car
November 17th, 2008, 12:50
Over the last few days I've noticed the transmission is selecting cogs with a bit of a thump.

It only happens on kick down with a part open throttle. If I coast at about fifty, and then open the throttle to about half, there is a slight delay followed by a thump as it drops down the box.

It's not terribly pronounced and wouldn't concern me greatly ordinarily, however, I am considering having the DMS ECU/TCU remap done and am wondering if the transmission really needs any more torque right now.

Also, having just redone the DRC, my confidence in Audi reliability has been severely dented.

Any info is very welcome. How reliable is the transmission? Am I mad to give it more torque?

DHall1
November 17th, 2008, 14:09
Not quite sure about your description but I would get the car checked out by a good dealer. Do you have any warranty coverage?

DRC is a fact of life. Please deal with it.

Ditto on the trans. You have a 450hp all wheel drive monster. Depending on driving it puts a load on the trans.

It is what it is and there is no better beast out there...even 5 year down the road after this car was delivered.

Cheers and hope you have some warranty coverage. :mech:

Over the last few days I've noticed the transmission is selecting cogs with a bit of a thump.

It only happens on kick down with a part open throttle. If I coast at about fifty, and then open the throttle to about half, there is a slight delay followed by a thump as it drops down the box.

It's not terribly pronounced and wouldn't concern me greatly ordinarily, however, I am considering having the DMS ECU/TCU remap done and am wondering if the transmission really needs any more torque right now.

Also, having just redone the DRC, my confidence in Audi reliability has been severely dented.

Any info is very welcome. How reliable is the transmission? Am I mad to give it more torque?

Family Car
November 17th, 2008, 17:58
No warranty coverage.

I might just not bother remapping and see how she runs for a few weeks.

I have re-done the DRC and the car is transformed, absolutely transformed. I went with the H & R Coilovers with Hotchki ARBs, can't say enough good about them. I'd have them over a working DRC anyday.