PDA

View Full Version : FS: RS6 in Colorado

waflnutz
November 12th, 2008, 17:00
just about to turn 60k miles. located in Boulder, CO. excellent condition. (other pics later this week)

Ebony/Silver w/ blk piping, factory Sound Enhancing Exhaust option, heated F/R seats,Colorado car for life (purchased at Prestige Audi), second owner

Transferrable Aftermarket Warranty to 9/09

All major expensive work just done:
- New timing belt done early @ ~59k miles
- New torque converter @ ~59k miles
- DRC replaced with Bilstien PSS9 setup @ ~54k miles
- New billet bypass valves
- brakes @ ~40k (i am told)
- intercoolers and turbos cleaned achecked at ~59k with clean bill of health
- worked on by reputable/expert RS6 shops ONLY (ASW - Bryan Lagas and Peak Eurosport - Ernie Devita)

Extras added:
- EPL ECU software ~515hp) ~59k miles
- Labree custom split downpipes @ ~ 59k miles
- Audi RNSE Navigation w/US disc: bluetooth and speakerphone for phone, Sirius radio integrated with stock shark fin, all prefessionally installed
- Hardwired for Valentine-1
- H-sport sway bars
- 2 sets of wheels:
- 18"stock RS6 wheels with hi-perf all seasons (worked surprisingly well in snow) w/ 10k miles
- 20" 5-spokes with hi-perf summer tires w/2k miles
- H&R spacers added (after photo)
- legal 3M window tint
- summer and winter Audi floor mats
- clear bra

an absolutely perfect package. turnkey with all the upgrades you would want. built as it should have been from factory.nearly $20k in work and extras done in 1.2 years of my ownership.

RS6 = the ultimate colorado car

email Brad at: bsdupee at yahoo dot com

roadrunner
November 13th, 2008, 14:14
Nice ride and i'm certain that colorado is the perfect habitat for this beast :hahahehe:

waflnutz
November 13th, 2008, 19:10
thanks. it certainly is

waflnutz
November 17th, 2008, 20:29
TTT. This car has all of the major work done (see description) and a transferrable warranty. if you want an RS6 (beast)...this one is ready to go!

Georgious86
November 17th, 2008, 22:23
TTT. This car has all of the major work done (see description) and a transferrable warranty. if you want an RS6 (beast)...this one is ready to go!

very beautiful car and the best color of it,will you upload more pictures please?i liked the rims

EUROTEK//RS6
November 20th, 2008, 06:20
soooo...what is your asking price ?

my friend is looking for one, RS6 with 60k miles go for around $28k-30k from what Ive seen at the dealers..:burnout:

Mikk23
April 16th, 2010, 20:30
So I just bought a RS6...so of course what better forum to come to and study up! And what do I find...I'm 95% sure I just bought this exact car...

Only difference I see is it some how got into the hands of a dealer in Boulder, CO...and has the stock rims back on it (oh well) and had no mention of the hardwired V1 set up. Everything else...TC, EPL, PSS9's, downpipes, color...and the city match up. Small world! I'm buying it site unseen so I hope it works out. Its been a year and half since this post...and the car now has 68k miles on it. We will find out soon enough. Hopefully it makes it to me sometime late next week! I'm pretty excited

ben916
April 16th, 2010, 20:39
So I just bought a RS6...so of course what better forum to come to and study up! And what do I find...I'm 95% sure I just bought this exact car...

Only difference I see is it some how got into the hands of a dealer in Boulder, CO...and has the stock rims back on it (oh well) and had no mention of the hardwired V1 set up. Everything else...TC, EPL, PSS9's, downpipes, color...and the city match up. Small world! I'm buying it site unseen so I hope it works out. Its been a year and half since this post...and the car now has 68k miles on it. We will find out soon enough. Hopefully it makes it to me sometime late next week! I'm pretty excited

Good luck!
Where abouts in the US are you?

p3u
April 16th, 2010, 20:47
Wow, everyone is selling their RS6!

ben916
April 16th, 2010, 20:48
Wow, everyone is selling their RS6!

Yeah it happens around tax time every year... or everyone is approaching the 75k service... $$$$

Mikk23
April 16th, 2010, 20:48
I'm currently located near Dothan, AL. However in June I'll be heading up to the Syracuse, NY area (lots of snow). I got into audi's a few years ago...my wife drives a '00 A6 2.7T and I currently drive a '00 S4 (awe k04 kit of course). But it looks like its going to work out well...I should have the RS6 next week...and the buyer for my S4 is suppose to pick it up next saturday :D

The S4 is/was fun...but I'm looking forward to something a little more...refined. And the heated seats will be nice in NY...something my s4 didn't come equipped with for whatever reason...its the little things lol

Mikk23
April 16th, 2010, 20:58
Well...according to this ad...and the dealer I bought if from in Boulder the second timing belt service was done already. So I may get off semi easy. The full service record with all the receipts is suppose to be in the glove box so I guess I'll find out soon. I've wanted an RS6 for years...before I bought my wifes A6 and my S4. I got a raw deal on my S4 and had to put 6k into it in the first 3 months due to a lying dirt bag of a private seller. Hopefully this works out more in my favor

DHall1
April 16th, 2010, 21:44
Yep, that is the same car. Ended up at Go Motors.

Did you get eyes and ears on the car before purchase? I ask because GM has had that car for some time. Started out overpriced but still they had it for some time.

Good luck with it and get an extended warranty.

Well...according to this ad...and the dealer I bought if from in Boulder the second timing belt service was done already. So I may get off semi easy. The full service record with all the receipts is suppose to be in the glove box so I guess I'll find out soon. I've wanted an RS6 for years...before I bought my wifes A6 and my S4. I got a raw deal on my S4 and had to put 6k into it in the first 3 months due to a lying dirt bag of a private seller. Hopefully this works out more in my favor

Mikk23
April 16th, 2010, 22:25
Eyes and ears...no. I reside in southern Alabama. I looked for one in the FL panhandle area and had no luck. Should I be worried about the GM's driving habits? I talked to him in depth on the phone and everything "seemed" fine. But who knows. I'm torn on the 4k dollar plus extended warranty idea. I'm a mechanic by trade and did all the work on my s4 to include the 6spd tranny rebuild. I'm no audi master tech...but I'm decent. I also will spend at least 2 of the next 4 years overseas during which it will be parked in my garage taken out very occasionally by my wife to knock the cobwebs out and keep anything from going sour from sitting. So...is the warranty worth it?

MaxRS6
April 16th, 2010, 23:06
^^ Dhall breaks out smokin monkey and everyone gather-

So...is the warranty worth it?

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0904-0419-5876_Teenage_Boy_Eating_Popcorn_While_Watching_a_3 D_Film_clipart_image.jpg

bfly
April 17th, 2010, 00:41
Go Motors doesn't have the best record around. I would skip it if I were you. Buy p3u's RS instead.

p3u
April 17th, 2010, 00:59
Go Motors doesn't have the best record around. I would skip it if I were you. Buy p3u's RS instead.

Second! ;)

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20718-For-sale-2003-RS6-Daytona

DHall1
April 17th, 2010, 03:30
Smokin monkey. Where is that guy?

I gave Pat the smokin monkey talk today. Goldman Sachs. Oh boy do those guys have it coming. Option friday and the news bomb drops. People made millions today.

And BTW, if our new member would have come here first. Willie had his car listed for sale and it was within 200 miles of this guy. Oh yeah, 3 years left on his Audi Fidelity ext warranty.

Oh boy

^^ Dhall breaks out smokin monkey and everyone gather-

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0904-0419-5876_Teenage_Boy_Eating_Popcorn_While_Watching_a_3 D_Film_clipart_image.jpg

skribe
April 17th, 2010, 04:33
Hard-selling repackaged junk mortgage bull$hit to institutional investors on line one and shorting it to their buddies on line two.
Screwing Buffet out of a billion dollars after berkshire bailed their ass out.

Oh, boy do those guys have it coming indeed.

Not to freak you out, mikk, but that car is almost guaranteed to have at least some expensive issues... i.e. EGT sensor bad = 20 hr engine pull.

if it has clean codes buy a warranty while you can!

Mikk23
April 17th, 2010, 04:40
Well good grief fellas...this isn't what I wanted to see when I came home from work...lol. I looked for RS6's in the area...maybe I was looking in the wrong places I guess cuz I missed willies (and yes...now I feel foolish). And while p3u's is very nice, the damage is done and the car above is already on a truck somewhere heading my way. You guys are gonna give me an ulcer though. Did I screw up? Are the guys at Go Motors a bunch of crooks? It seems whoever owned this car and traded it (I'm guessing) to those guys put a decent chunk of change into it before hand. I have spent hours reading posts in this forum and realize the warranties are status quo for an RS6 owner. Many seem to have it for the DRC issues along with the tranny and TC. But if this car has no DRC and a fresh rebuild on the TC and tranny...then? Someone educate me lol. I'm hesitant because I know I wont be driving the car for over half of a four year warranty if I was to purchase it tomorrow. If that wasn't the case I would be more apt to go out and buy it.

Mikk23
April 17th, 2010, 04:46
Ouch...that would be a bit rough. So skribe...you would purchase it even if you were going to be in the country for 2 of the 4 years? Anyone?

skribe
April 17th, 2010, 05:06
Sorry to ulcerate you... not a good welcome to the crazy train!

Anyway, Go Motors are notoriously sketchy... Hopefully they're not dumping a car with known problems. If it throws codes straight off the flatbed document everything.

What you bought is GREAT car... a hand-built, amazingly engineered car with a bulletproof bottom end, a Cosworth head and K04 turbos that practically never fail... but also with a transmission at the very limit of it's torque ratings and an engine bay overstuffed with V8 that makes it very difficult to work on. Don't freak out, but be prepared. As a VAG owner you know the deal -- lots of pricey sensors that go bad, etc.

I bought the warranty because I wanted to bury my right foot at will without fear of being the one guy of of 860 who had the bad luck to somehow grenade his $30k engine with no warranty. As it turns out, with a bad IC and EGT sensor the warranty already paid for itself in the first six months.

Mikk23
April 17th, 2010, 05:43
Hmm...I have much to think about. It worries me that a specific dealership could be nefarious on a forum such as this...out of all the dealerships. Sigh :\

Well despite my foreboding welcome to the "crazy train" I'm still excited to get the car into my garage. I doubt I'll put but maybe...five thousand miles on it tops before I head overseas in september. Maybe I could get away with putting off purchasing the warranty until I return next year? Then I wont feel like I'm throwing money away...or am I testing fate lol. Watch I come back and have several bad sensors from lack of use. I guess I'll just have to plug in my trusty vagcom when it shows up and see if I've been screwed and am even able to purchase a warranty eh?

DHall1
April 17th, 2010, 13:54
Yes,

That sounds like a plan. At this point it is a toss up. Get it and check it out.

Go Motors are no different than any other dirt bag car dealer. The main problem with that car is the location. Colorado car all its life. Chips, chips, chips if it was kept down on the front range. And chips, chips, crap in the wheelwells and undercarriage if it was driven in the mountains. You cant get around it.

Hmm...I have much to think about. It worries me that a specific dealership could be nefarious on a forum such as this...out of all the dealerships. Sigh :\

Well despite my foreboding welcome to the "crazy train" I'm still excited to get the car into my garage. I doubt I'll put but maybe...five thousand miles on it tops before I head overseas in september. Maybe I could get away with putting off purchasing the warranty until I return next year? Then I wont feel like I'm throwing money away...or am I testing fate lol. Watch I come back and have several bad sensors from lack of use. I guess I'll just have to plug in my trusty vagcom when it shows up and see if I've been screwed and am even able to purchase a warranty eh?

DHall1
April 17th, 2010, 13:59
We agree on GS. They screw their customers daily. I dont know how they stay in business.

Hard-selling repackaged junk mortgage bull$hit to institutional investors on line one and shorting it to their buddies on line two.
Screwing Buffet out of a billion dollars after berkshire bailed their ass out.

Oh, boy do those guys have it coming indeed.

Not to freak you out, mikk, but that car is almost guaranteed to have at least some expensive issues... i.e. EGT sensor bad = 20 hr engine pull.

if it has clean codes buy a warranty while you can!

AudiRS4ever
April 17th, 2010, 14:08
It certainly looks like a nice car, but I have never heard anything very good about GO Motors. So I'd have to say that, unless somebody can look at it and drive it for you I would stop where you are and wait for one you can look at. I'd volunteer, but am going out of town so I can't do it. I know P3U lives in CO also and I'm not sure if he has had any dealings with GM, but maybe he could take a trip up there. He is also selling his car, as someone else mentioned. I would have to believe his is nicer than the one at GM, but with higher miles. In CO, when it comes to Audi there is one person and place in particular I deal with and that's Christian Storm at McDonald Audi. He has always been above board with me. I also like Ed Carroll in Ft. Collins. Doug Drake is GM there and is great. I spoke with Christian Storm 2 weeks ago at McDonald. He is the GSM and he mentioned they had just taken a Ebony Pearl RS6 on trade. I have no idea what they put into it, but there are obviously some other choices out there.
Again, look at P3U's and maybe look at a franchised dealer if you are going to buy site unseen. Just my .02. On another note, speaking of buying something new, coming soon to an RS6 forum near you will be something new for the wifey. I finally got to buy a car in Colorado Springs. Can you say Ultimate Driving Machine? Pics and description coming soon when it comes in. There are going to be a lot of turbo's in the garage soon. :revs:

AudiRS4ever
April 17th, 2010, 14:14
Yes,

That sounds like a plan. At this point it is a toss up. Get it and check it out.

Go Motors are no different than any other dirt bag car dealer. The main problem with that car is the location. Colorado car all its life. Chips, chips, chips if it was kept down on the front range. And chips, chips, crap in the wheelwells and undercarriage if it was driven in the mountains. You cant get around it.

Dave,

Not all RS6's in CO have chips all over them and not all of them are driven in the snow. ;)

Mikk23
April 17th, 2010, 16:04
Well...the dice have been thrown...hopefully I dont get snake eyes. I had already sent a check their way when I found this thread from the last owner and by now its on a semi somewhere in route to AL. I never imagined a community of RS6 owners that would volunteer to go check out a car for a complete stranger, so I didn't even think to ask. This forum and the folks in it are a pretty tight nit group and I'm impressed. As far as the chips chips chips go...that may indeed end up being the case. But I'm also moving to upstate New York...anyone who has been there and experienced the "lake effect" snow can attest to the nasty gritty salty roads. I'd feel bad taking an AZ car up there. I'm going to be taking it through the undercarriage washer probably every other day :( or I'll buy a beater...but at the same time...no beater is going to do as well in the snow as an Audi...so I'll play that one by ear. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives and I'm sure I'll have several questions when I go through the service records. By the way...sweet avatar AudiRS4ever...littering and....littering aaaand....lol

Mikk23
April 17th, 2010, 18:38
Quick question...will I be able to get a warranty with an EPL ECU tune or the other work that has been done per the first post in this thread? Has anyone had any experience with an EPL tune by the way? I checked their website and an RS6 ecu isn't listed among the products...hmmm

DHall1
April 17th, 2010, 20:23
You are the exception.

:-)

And BTW, McDonald Audi is top notch. I can say nothing but good things about that dealer and the bshop.

Dave,

Not all RS6's in CO have chips all over them and not all of them are driven in the snow. ;)

AudiRS4ever
April 18th, 2010, 15:03
Well...the dice have been thrown...hopefully I dont get snake eyes. I had already sent a check their way when I found this thread from the last owner and by now its on a semi somewhere in route to AL. I never imagined a community of RS6 owners that would volunteer to go check out a car for a complete stranger, so I didn't even think to ask. This forum and the folks in it are a pretty tight nit group and I'm impressed. As far as the chips chips chips go...that may indeed end up being the case. But I'm also moving to upstate New York...anyone who has been there and experienced the "lake effect" snow can attest to the nasty gritty salty roads. I'd feel bad taking an AZ car up there. I'm going to be taking it through the undercarriage washer probably every other day :( or I'll buy a beater...but at the same time...no beater is going to do as well in the snow as an Audi...so I'll play that one by ear. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives and I'm sure I'll have several questions when I go through the service records. By the way...sweet avatar AudiRS4ever...littering and....littering aaaand....lol

This forum seems to be the tightest nit group I've ever found. I guess when there are only about 1,000 of these cars around in America (half that by now), you get some pretty passionate people who own them. Still, the guys here are a cut above the rest. Glad you like the avatar. I still laugh when I see it. Definitely my favorite comedy ever. Let us know when you get your car. Good luck.

AudiRS4ever
April 18th, 2010, 15:05
You are the exception.

:-)

And BTW, McDonald Audi is top notch. I can say nothing but good things about that dealer and the bshop.

Just had to take the jab Dave. :jlol: I know mine's not the norm. I'm actually excited, I think it may be ready to be driven in the next couple of weeks. I'll update the thread I started last month when it's all done. I can't wait.