PDA

View Full Version : GTR-R spec V. intro jan 2009. 150K USD.

RXBG
November 11th, 2008, 20:08
http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-gt-r-spec-v-gets-a-launch-date-gt-r-lm-could-be-in-the-works.html

give me a loaded R8 V10 any day. i don't think this car will be a daily driver. something tells me they went crazy with the weight savings in order to make it go faster. and god knows how high strung the engine will be that nissan will void the warranty if you even sneeze in the direction of the gearbox.

Benman
November 11th, 2008, 21:10
If this proves to be true, it will not sell in any form here. That would price it even higher than the new upcoming R8V10 (but that remains to be seen), not to mention the new ZR1.

They will likely sell less than 10 here at that price. Double the price of the regular GT-R? Hmm...

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
November 11th, 2008, 22:40
And who said the Japanese didn't have a sense of humour. :lovl:

RXBG
November 12th, 2008, 01:03
what i suspect is that for MY 2010 nissan will increase the msrp of the base model to close to about 90K and maybe throw in maintenance for the full 3 yr warranty to elevate its "luxury" level status.

even so, the spec V- at least as far as leftlane is concerned, will be way too high. perhaps it'll end up costing around 120K. even then, it'll not compete because at that price the performance is expected to incorporate equal level of luxury and fit and finish. the Zr1 already pushes it at 100K. forget 120K. and much less at 150K.

in this respect, i think audi will be very smart and allow the R8 V10 to start at around 130K imo. options will spike the price up, but you'll be able to get yourself a well equipped, beautiful R8 that can do 60 in less than 4 seconds easily and top out at close to, if not over, 200mph.

Benman
November 12th, 2008, 18:43
audi will be very smart and allow the R8 V10 to start at around 130K imo.

I agree that Audi would be very smart to price it there, but I think that will be "too low". Afterall, the standard entry level R8 V8 is already $121.5K with the R tronic and I'll wager the R Tronic comes standard on the R8 V10. I bet they'll start it higher to seperate it from the "entry level" V8. Perhaps $149K?

Ben:addict:

Z07
November 16th, 2008, 11:35
-100bhp more than the base model.
-150kg lighter.
-CCBs.
-Better suspension.
-Active rear LSD.
-Improved aerodynamics.