PDA

View Full Version : A4 Multitronic-strange behaviour

Toto89
November 11th, 2008, 17:29
Hi guys,
I drive a B7 A4 2.0 PD TDI Multitronic since february this year. Today when i departed home the car behaved quit strange. First everything went good as usual but about 2 minutes later during accelerating I noticed that the car doesn't really wants to move like it did before. If engine is cold, the CVT box lets the engine to rev up a bit higher (~2500rpm) and the car moves a bit slower. But today it was MUCH slower, even at full throttle. The engine was revving at 3000rpm and the car was still slow. A few minutes later things started to work properly, it accelerated as it should. But it came up again and again on my way home. It was only about a 15 minutes journey so the engine couldn't heat up properly but it never did this before! For me it was looking like the gearbox didn't want to work for a moment. Although i tried once in manual mode and it did the same. I do not think it was the engine because it's always slower on cold run but not that much.
What do you think?

KK265
November 11th, 2008, 20:02
Hi guys,
I drive a B7 A4 2.0 PD TDI Multitronic since february this year. Today when i departed home the car behaved quit strange. First everything went good as usual but about 2 minutes later during accelerating I noticed that the car doesn't really wants to move like it did before. If engine is cold, the CVT box lets the engine to rev up a bit higher (~2500rpm) and the car moves a bit slower. But today it was MUCH slower, even at full throttle. The engine was revving at 3000rpm and the car was still slow. A few minutes later things started to work properly, it accelerated as it should. But it came up again and again on my way home. It was only about a 15 minutes journey so the engine couldn't heat up properly but it never did this before! For me it was looking like the gearbox didn't want to work for a moment. Although i tried once in manual mode and it did the same. I do not think it was the engine because it's always slower on cold run but not that much.
What do you think?

Worn clutch disk?

Toto89
November 12th, 2008, 19:58
At 25000km on it? Don't really think. And I only felt it once (yesterday), no before and-till now-no after.

54m
November 12th, 2008, 23:08
Get it on VAGCOM and check for any fault codes...
Or it may be the gearbox/clutch on it's way out a friend of mine also had a 2.0TDI Multi and he first had alot of power loss then 2-3 days later the gearbox and clutch both completly died on him! (His car only had about 8,000 miles on it so u never know)
Good luck hope u resolve the problem. :thumb:

Toto89
November 28th, 2008, 22:26
Problem solved, it was the exhaust gas revolving valve (don't know how to say in English:confused: )When it started to work incorrectly, car's computer recognized it and limited the engine performance. I was glad that it wasn't the gearbox that caused the problem. It had been changed in warranty.

AndyBG
November 29th, 2008, 02:40
Nice to hear that! :cheers: