PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Sedan now at 80k Km... and some problems

MR USER
November 11th, 2008, 15:28
Hello everyone. I do not konw if any of you reached 80k in your RS4... I had few other reports on all the issues I had on my car more or less at 10, 20 and 40k.

Now after several thousands km without any problem I start to hear few "clonks" when turning the wheel especially when the car is cold... I had it first few weeks ago and since then it's more and more frequent. I suspect it could be related to lack of oil in the steering system but i'm not really sure... and when it comes to replicating the sound for the dealer check I always fail.... any suggestion? any experience in this with similar noises when steering while still or maneuvering?

KK265
November 11th, 2008, 19:13
Hello everyone. I do not konw if any of you reached 80k in your RS4... I had few other reports on all the issues I had on my car more or less at 10, 20 and 40k.

Now after several thousands km without any problem I start to hear few "clonks" when turning the wheel especially when the car is cold... I had it first few weeks ago and since then it's more and more frequent. I suspect it could be related to lack of oil in the steering system but i'm not really sure... and when it comes to replicating the sound for the dealer check I always fail.... any suggestion? any experience in this with similar noises when steering while still or maneuvering?

Until now no but only 60.000 km.I changed left and right ball bearings because of noise and I have a little oil consumption from steering system.No leaks.

JCT2033
November 12th, 2008, 04:44
Sounds like a DRC problem

MR USER
November 12th, 2008, 15:23
Sounds like a DRC problem

MMM that is not too good... I had DRC issues before when one of my dumpers was leaking oil but that got fixed without any problem...

You had that on the RS6?

JCT2033
November 14th, 2008, 07:19
MMM that is not too good... I had DRC issues before when one of my dumpers was leaking oil but that got fixed without any problem...

You had that on the RS6?

Yes... I had 2 full DRC system replace during past 11 months. Make sure the dealer replace the whole system (4 shocks and 2 valves), if it indeed is one of the dumpers again.

KK265
December 28th, 2008, 21:49

I heard the first ''clonks'' today 2 times.Did you find what is the cause of the problem?

MR USER
December 29th, 2008, 00:10
one bolt of the steering system on the driver side got a bit loose. It took 5 mins to fix but they noticed that the rubber supports are a bit worn out and will replace them during next service!