PDA

View Full Version : Porsche makes 6.8 billion EUR on VW

AndyBG
November 11th, 2008, 12:27
Porsche has some ''financial skills''...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/11/porsche-makes-683-billion-on-vw-shares.html

Benman
November 11th, 2008, 18:04
"finacial skills" ... or insider trading. ;) I believe the E.U. is currently investigating them. :) I say it is all good, afterall, it was the hedge fund managers that bet against Porsche and therefore lost their asses...

Ben:addict:

Audiphile
November 11th, 2008, 20:05
Actually it is Audi that has the financial skills. A continued record growth in October of 7.2% to 83,000 units combined with record profits and a record net profit per unit including close to 40% income growth so far, while BMW contracts by 10%, has the lowest net profit per unit, and a negative 40% income growth so far. Also, MB further see its sales eroded by almost 21% and cuts its profit predications by half. Obviously, yes it's the global finanicial mess, but there is also something else going on here as well. Audi knows how to run its business and has positioned itself correctly as a true premium brand and not a pretend one. It is during tough times that substance (Audi) is separated from fluff (BMW). Just because you sell more volume obviously does not mean you are doing better.

Oh Ben, see you next week at the LA Autoshow. You can leave you gear in my car. Just call me when you get there.

rks838
November 12th, 2008, 00:26
All hail Audi, BMW is clearly, quite simply, undoubtedly "fluff"...as is their F1 program, their history, the cars they sell, and their management...the strong souls of Audi rise above the lacking, fluffy souls of BMW in times of dire despair...