PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 owner--can't wipe the grin off my face!

erjun
July 30th, 2003, 02:09
Picked up my Avus Silver RS6 from the dealer this weekend--got lucky that the owner of the dealership was willing to part with his car from this allocation. Timing is everything I guess! :D

Coming from a 993 turbo, I was looking for something that could satisfy my need for power and handling, but could fit my wife and soon to be daughter. So far this is all I could have wanted and more--all I can say is bring on 1k baby! :devil:

BTW, has anyone installed Audi's XM radio unit...as I understand it, our head units are XM ready.

Benman
July 30th, 2003, 02:26
erjun, welcome to the forum:cheers:

that is some high praise coming from a turbo owner:bow: as for the XM it is my understanding that it comes pre wired but as i haven't taken delivery yet i'll let somebody else answer that one. congrats again:cheers:

Ben:addict: (and it takes awhile for the smile to go away, just ask the Brit:cheers: )

jconley
July 30th, 2003, 02:34
Congrats!! I was told that while the car is pre-wired it will be a few months before the actual receiver unit can be installed- and it will cost $350

RS6FEVR
July 30th, 2003, 03:44
:cheers: erjun :cheers:

Congrats on the car! You realize that this delivery carries a requirement to post pictures and a review of the experience!! :p :p

Seriously, hope you have a blast and I'll be looking for you! My misano red is supposed to be in Houston, but no delivery confirmation to Schaumburg Audi as of yet? Got to be soon or I'm going to go crazy! :vsad: :vsad:

We're going to have to start forming an RS6 chicago group to compare experiences and updates. Enjoy

:addict: FEVR :addict:

avdh
July 30th, 2003, 08:05
From a 993 Turbo to an RS6 and you seem very happy! Life isn't though after all :)

Congrats, tell us more how you like the RS6 vs the Porsche.

andyp
July 30th, 2003, 13:10
Congratulations! I'm definitely interested in a 993TT vs. RS6 comparison. I'm planning to write an M5 vs. RS6 comparision once I can stop driving the RS6 long enough to take some pictures and type something up!

TheBrit
July 30th, 2003, 15:50
Congrats & welcome, Eric! I'm over 7 months and 17k miles into the RS 6 experience, and it still brings a smile to my face every journey. Just wait until you hit that magic 100 mile mark... :)

GoFastKindaGuy
July 30th, 2003, 16:23
Let me know if you're headed to Road America. I'm only a half hour or so from there. I'm hoping to have mine within a month! You are one lucky SOB to talk it off the lot like that! Congratulations!

erjun
July 30th, 2003, 18:55
I will post pics when I get a chance. The question is how can you stop driving it long enough to take pics? I am either sleeping, eating, working, or driving!:D

I will post a thorough comparison of the RS6 versus the 993 TT once I have passed the 1k mark. There is no way to give a complete comparison until I can give this car all that it has.

Initial comparos:

-RS6 much softer in ride quality
-Totally different hp/Tq curves--power comes on way sooner on RS6(need 1k on RS6 for further comparo)
-RS6 feels heavier, but still very nimble for its weight
-More to come...

Would like to do a Chicago area GTG eventually as well.

Eric