PDA

View Full Version : RS6 eater

DHall1
November 9th, 2008, 03:51
:harass:

Aronis
November 9th, 2008, 14:24
it's about time. How's the rear seat? Room for three kids? What about in the snow?

Mike

Erik
November 9th, 2008, 15:48
Is that the Caddy?

Pretty cool I'd say.

roadrunner
November 9th, 2008, 16:13
Is that the Caddy?

I'm no master of the american brands, but it looks to me like a Pontiac.

Some performacne figures or is it just the looks?

DHall1
November 9th, 2008, 16:41
Its a Pontiac G8 *GXP. I dont think its a production version but its V8 400+ hp.

My friend owns a couple of GM dealerships and is always giving me a hard time and spouting about this or that. This is one and that new Caddy CTS-V supercharged is the flavor of the day.

Neither have quattro so its no deal. Also, styling is just not for me.

I'm no master of the american brands, but it looks to me like a Pontiac.

Some performacne figures or is it just the looks?

DuckWingDuck
November 9th, 2008, 17:13
Say what you will, but the CTS-V is a very fun car.

Leadfoot
November 9th, 2008, 18:40
So basically this is a Holden with a different badge. It still ain't no RS6 beater.

cornishmoocher
November 9th, 2008, 19:13
Battered the "vauxhall" Holden Monaro today. Nowhere near it it terms of anything.......

DHall1
November 10th, 2008, 05:29
Everyone,

Just in case you didnt get my drift...I was being sarcastic.

I hope Pontiac, Caddy and all the rest can build some good cars and stay in business. I will still have my RS. :addict:

Benman
November 10th, 2008, 21:35
I hope Pontiac, Caddy and all the rest can build some good cars and stay in business. I will still have my RS. :addict:

Ditto. The new Caddy CTS V series is a start. And the new G8 is a very nice car (albeit only two driven wheels...).

Ben:addict:

Fonzie Audi
November 10th, 2008, 21:51
G8 GXP will top out at 415 HP, 415 ft lbs.

I personally liked the 6.0 GTO with aftermarket exhaust (sounded like a freight train)

the new CTS is going to be pretty nuts at 551/551. it should move swiftly.. in a straight line anyway..

Benman
November 10th, 2008, 22:06
the new CTS is going to be pretty nuts at 551/551. it should move swiftly.. in a straight line anyway..

Actually, Motortrend just did a head to head with GM's best pilot vs BMW's best pilot (Bill Auberlan). The Caddy edged the M5, and put down just slightly better times around the track.

Fonzie Audi
November 10th, 2008, 22:21
very impressive. good for caddy!

DuckWingDuck
November 10th, 2008, 22:24
the new cts-v was on top gear last night along with the ZR1 and dodger challenger. Wonderful car, if I didn't have an rs6, would've really looked hard at the CTS-V

DHall1
November 11th, 2008, 03:40
Didnt they take the CTSV over to Germany and run the ring? It smoked quite a few folks over there. I bet the German crew were not amused.

:race:

Actually, Motortrend just did a head to head with GM's best pilot vs BMW's best pilot (Bill Auberlan). The Caddy edged the M5, and put down just slightly better times around the track.

BLITZEN
November 11th, 2008, 03:59
I appreciate you were being sarcatic. But..

1) This is only a concept car.

2) My RS is bone stock and I smoked a brand new G8 GXP handily last year. I gave it at least a 30-foot head start, then smoked by it and changed lanes casually in front of him in a total distance of less than 1/8 mile. :burnout:

3) Sure the CTS-V is a hot car. But it should be compared to the M3 and RS4 because of it's size. If you want to compare a Caddy to an RS6, then you should be talking about an STS-V.

4) Finally, if you are going to compare any new car to an RS6, then you should be comparing it to the NEW RS6!

:addict:

DHall1
November 11th, 2008, 04:20
Whatever! :argue:

Benman
November 11th, 2008, 17:58
1) This is only a concept car.

2) My RS is bone stock and I smoked a brand new G8 GXP handily last year. I gave it at least a 30-foot head start, then smoked by it and changed lanes casually in front of him in a total distance of less than 1/8 mile. :burnout:

You can't smoke a concept car. My guess is you smoked a G8 GT as the GXP is not even out yet. ;)

BLITZEN
November 11th, 2008, 18:33
You can't smoke a concept car. My guess is you smoked a G8 GT as the GXP is not even out yet. ;)

You're probably right. I knew he was going to want to race me though as soon I pulled up beside him and could tell it was the "performance" package from the fake vents on the fenders and such. The car was a joke. All looks with nothing to back it up.

Benman
November 11th, 2008, 18:45
The car was a joke. All looks with nothing to back it up.

Joke might be a harsh word to use, at 360hp, he was nearly 100hp down on you, not to mention the car makes less torque than the Beast. On top of that, it is only a few hundred pounds lighter. Not trying to defend the G8 GT, just showing how high end the Beast really is. Any car that can't take it is far from a "joke", just simply not in the league of the Rs 6. :cheers:

KfabR8
November 12th, 2008, 15:31
could tell it was the "performance" package from the fake vents on the fenders and such.Ah, but you missed the fact that the car didn't have a 5" Auto Meter tach and shift light sitting on the dash board.

IF it had that (and a loud exhaust system), then you would have been smoked - as we all know: These two modifications make all American cars faaaasssstttt.

At least that seems to be the norm here in the lovely (cough, cough) Mid-West...

Leadfoot
November 12th, 2008, 17:03
Ditto. The new Caddy CTS V series is a start.

Just a start? That CTS V is off the wall, 550hp going only to the rear wheels is crazy but there is no getting away from the fact it's quicker around the ring than everything Audi makes with the exception being the R8, I even doubt the RS6 can approach it's time though I would love to see it having a go.

Hy Octane
November 12th, 2008, 17:45
Considering the amount of HP lost at the wheels with our beasts, the G8 GXP will probably be as fast if not faster than ours stock. 415 HP and a 4.7 0-60 time is pretty close..

Benman
November 12th, 2008, 18:53
Just a start?

Leadie, you have taken my reply out of context. My comment was a reply to:

"I hope Pontiac, Caddy and all the rest can build some good cars and stay in business."

So yes, it is a "start" in the sense that GM must continue to build cars we want and also that I wish to see it stay in business. :cheers:

DHall1
November 16th, 2008, 02:03
Ben,

Well, there is one of us :addict: owners that seem to think so.

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/43279.phtml

Dont shoot the messinger.

Duck-is this the guy in MI that you and I were talking about? The trade $ that is....??

Leadie, you have taken my reply out of context. My comment was a reply to:

"I hope Pontiac, Caddy and all the rest can build some good cars and stay in business."

So yes, it is a "start" in the sense that GM must continue to build cars we want and also that I wish to see it stay in business. :cheers:

Benman
November 17th, 2008, 18:05
Ben,

Duck-is this the guy in MI that you and I were talking about? The trade $ that is....??

One and the same. Jack.

I think the G8 GT is a great ride, that has been my point all along. It is not an RS 6 "eater" but still great. The GXP should get a little closer to RS 6 performance. In the dry that is. :D :cheers:

JAXRS6
August 4th, 2009, 08:59
FYI my 09 G8 GT (361 hp, 385 tq stock) posted a 13.99 in the quarter. After adding a 93 octane tune and CAI for $700, time improved by half a second to 13.48. That's about where my RS 6 was at this stage, i.e. 12K miles. Later I broke just below 13 in the Audi and quit drag racing, but that was around 50K mi.

The GXP, now out for a few months and soon to disappear with the rest of Pontiac, produced times of 13.3 and 0-60 of 4.7 in one car mag test if I recall corectly. That's about the same as the C5 RS 6, although one test I recall put the Audi in the 12s.