PDA

View Full Version : 3M Clear Bra kit on ebay

DHall1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:12
Hi all,

I noticed this tonight. If any of you dont have coverage on the front. This kit is complete using the best 3M material and has full bumper, hood, fender coverage. I emailed the vendor and he sent me over a jpg of the kit contents.

You cant beat this price anywhere. Its so easy to install, any DIY can have this done in an afternoon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110065252393&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I have no vested interest in this vendor but the prices are the very best. Period.

BLITZEN
November 2nd, 2008, 20:14
Actually, that's not quite a full hood. With this kit you would have a line about a foot up on your hood.

On the other hand, I've had my entire hood up to the wipers wrapped in Invisa-shield (which I heard was quite superior to Clear-Bra). I've also had a few friends have their Clear-Bra brand "protectant" actually burn to an orange-brown color. The way mine was done was certainly professional, not DIY. It took a couple guys with quite a bit of product knowledge to get it on there properly.

DuckWingDuck
November 2nd, 2008, 22:09
Ya, I'm thinking this stuff is probably on the extreme end of DIY... The yellowing you're talking is a thing of the past though.

DHall1
November 3rd, 2008, 01:47
Seller has deluxe kits with more leading edge coverage. For the price, this is a great deal.

As for "clear-bra" and burning. Its hard to really know what brand of film was used. I have used 3M for as many year as I can remember. Never had a problem with 3M and fading.

I think these kits are DIY if you have a clean garage environment. Now, if your installing a piece to cover the entire hood. Another story and let the pros do it.

Actually, that's not quite a full hood. With this kit you would have a line about a foot up on your hood.

On the other hand, I've had my entire hood up to the wipers wrapped in Invisa-shield (which I heard was quite superior to Clear-Bra). I've also had a few friends have their Clear-Bra brand "protectant" actually burn to an orange-brown color. The way mine was done was certainly professional, not DIY. It took a couple guys with quite a bit of product knowledge to get it on there properly.

DHall1
November 3rd, 2008, 01:47
Greg,

These basic kits are DIY. You can do it.

:addict:

Ya, I'm thinking this stuff is probably on the extreme end of DIY... The yellowing you're talking is a thing of the past though.

DHall1
November 10th, 2008, 05:46
Update:

The seller has "deluxe" kits avail. This will offer deeper hood and leading edge coverage.

He will also send detailed diy instructions and a CD.

I just installed a full deluxe kit on our E55. (RS already has full frontal coverage). The E55 is one of the most difficult installs. Just take a look at the hood and front bumper and you will see why. Install went perfect without a problem. I am no pro by any stretch of the word. Still I can install a full kit without problem.

I just saved 825 dollars. That is my motivation. I am just too cheap. :race:

The RS install is gravy compared to the E55.

Seller has deluxe kits with more leading edge coverage. For the price, this is a great deal.

As for "clear-bra" and burning. Its hard to really know what brand of film was used. I have used 3M for as many year as I can remember. Never had a problem with 3M and fading.

I think these kits are DIY if you have a clean garage environment. Now, if your installing a piece to cover the entire hood. Another story and let the pros do it.