PDA

View Full Version : Hello again!

TheBrit
October 31st, 2008, 18:29
Well, it's been a while since I was here last.

Some of you may remember me by my Mugello Blue RS 6 sedan, and some of you may remember me by the rather more memorable "sprint blue trunk" incident...:blush:

Well, the RS 6 got a lot of miles on it in not many years, and we parted company when Audi finally launched the SWB A8 W12. That car saw me through another couple of years, and was replaced with a V10 S8.

The S8 was temporarily replaced with a 3.0 TDI allroad - that was a significant change! for a while I had that and a 2.5 TDI allroad, but that went and I had another S8 for a brief while. The 2nd S8 was supposed to be a bit of a longer-term thing, as I wasn't expecting my new car to arrive quite as soon as it did.

In late July, I took delivery of my new car, and now I have the 3.0 TDI allroad and an RS 6 Avant in Daytona Grey.

However, I don't need two Avants, and I'm not giving up the RS 6 yet, so the allroad is going to go and be replaced with a Meteor Grey S5 Tip, which is now on order.

A few (bad quality) pictures of the RS 6 can be found on my Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/seebrown99/)account.

I don't tend to hit the forums as much as I used to do, but I'll try to drop in from time to time seeing as I'm back in the RS 6 family.

Chris.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/2587441827_3cde8e15c6_o.jpg

Benman
October 31st, 2008, 18:39
A Big Welcome Back Brit!!!:cheers:

Long time no hear... still remember back when I sent you the paint chip to confirm if I had the right color (which I didn't :D). :cheers:

Please stay in touch Chris.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

TheBrit
October 31st, 2008, 19:21
A Big Welcome Back Brit!!!:cheers:

Long time no hear... still remember back when I sent you the paint chip to confirm if I had the right color (which I didn't :D).
Hi Ben, yep remember it well. :thumb:

Hy Octane
October 31st, 2008, 20:42
You appear to have wayyy too much money for a Brit. Please donate all your Audi's to those in need here at www.charity/rs6.com and start over from scratch. Thank you.

cornishmoocher
October 31st, 2008, 21:59
Hi Chris, Welcome here too!

Nice car dude andsome great roads around Linconshire to play with it on!

Another forum for us brits is WWW.audisrs.com (http://www.audisrs.com)

Cheers mate Alex

Mockenrue
October 31st, 2008, 22:22
Welcome back Chris, good to see you on here. :bye:

Your RS6 looks stunning. :bow:

Cheers, John (J_C from TSN) :thumb:

TheBrit
October 31st, 2008, 23:10
Thanks for the welcome (back) folks!

DHall1
November 1st, 2008, 01:11
Chris,

Welcome back! I was not here the last time but have since purchased a very nice 03RS6 with 24k miles. I like the car so much that I may buy another. :rs6kiss: So, I do know why you came back to the RS.

That said, its just not fair that us US folks dont get a crack at the new V10 RS6. :vgrumpy: What in the world are Audi USA thinking!!!! Arrrrgh

Thanks for the welcome (back) folks!

roadrunner
November 1st, 2008, 10:10
A Warm welcome from me as well - someone comming back from the "old days", when RS6. com was an inside tip with a couple dedicated users :hihi:

A worthy succesor to your 1st RS6 you have got :thumb:

And i see - you are already practicing a follow up to the "sprint blue incident" :D
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/2796037082_a197e87474.jpg

cheers
seb.

Ruergard
November 1st, 2008, 13:01
Welcome back!

Remember that accident... Not fun, but time flies! A new beast is in the house and what a beuaty... :hahahehe:

Congratulations on the nwe ride! A little writeup on the car is always appreciated if you have time and will to do it! :)

BLITZEN
November 2nd, 2008, 20:21
Oh that trunk was one of the saddest things to ever see. Welcome back!

For anyone new who doesn't know what we're talking about, click this:
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2096&highlight=sprint+Blue

mr
November 3rd, 2008, 12:13
great to see you back; the trunk thing was really really bad;

hope you enjoy your RS.

Erik
November 3rd, 2008, 12:23
Welcome back and congratulations on your new car!

TheBrit
November 3rd, 2008, 16:24
And i see - you are already practicing a follow up to the "sprint blue incident" :D
I had the can (in a bag, double-tied) and couldn't resist getting it out for a posed shot! :hihi:

Corey
November 3rd, 2008, 17:20
Another Lincolnshire lad here with an RS6, I think I may have seen your car once or twice on the A46 Lincoln bypass.

Benman
November 3rd, 2008, 18:30
A Warm welcome from me as well - someone comming back from the "old days", when RS6. com was an inside tip with a couple dedicated users :hihi:

seb.

Well said! :D

Ben:addict:

TheBrit
November 4th, 2008, 09:55
Another Lincolnshire lad here with an RS6, I think I may have seen your car once or twice on the A46 Lincoln bypass.

Ah, may well you have - you'll normall see it between the A158 and Doddington Road areas. However, you may have seen my business partner, who also has a Daytona Grey Avant - the only differences are that I have alcantara seats, and a single character difference in the number plate!

You don't have a silver Avant do you? I've seen one of those around once or twice in the area.

Corey
November 4th, 2008, 10:05
The silver one is a customer of ours, it has quite a few nice Oettinger bits fitted.
No mine is all black, although you may see the wife driving it rather than me.
Would like to compare a new one to the old, fancy popping in?

TheBrit
November 4th, 2008, 11:06
Might have some time free around lunchtime tomorrow or Thursday - could probably get away from the office for an hour or so.

Corey
November 4th, 2008, 11:17
Great, details sent via PM.

roadrunner
November 4th, 2008, 15:36
[QUOTE=TheBrit;144992]...you may have seen my business partner, who also has a Daytona Grey Avant - the only differences are that I have alcantara seats, and a single character difference in the number plate!

You still persue the "parallel audi drive"? :hihi: Remember your story about the A8 W12 "double pickup" in Ingolstadt :thumb:

PS: now i remember your flickr pics - is the one with the two RS6 yours & business partner?

TheBrit
November 4th, 2008, 18:35
[QUOTE]

You still persue the "parallel audi drive"? :hihi: Remember your story about the A8 W12 "double pickup" in Ingolstadt :thumb:

PS: now i remember your flickr pics - is the one with the two RS6 yours & business partner?

Yes, that's the two RS 6s together.

After the W12s, my business partner went off into another brand while I had the S8, but we've synchronised up again with the RS 6s! :)

Corey
November 5th, 2008, 17:07
Chris, she is a really nice example and was a pleasure to meet you earlier and thank you for letting us climb all over the car to get an indepth look.
Hopefully we may have even convinced you to have a couple of upgrades too ;) to make the experience an even bigger smile for you.
As you drove off I think we do need to tweak the exhaust though :)

TheBrit
November 6th, 2008, 18:40
As you drove off I think we do need to tweak the exhaust though :)
My neighbours might disagree when I get home late in the evening... :hihi:

Will reply to you re the other stuff as soon as I get chance - about to shoot out.