PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't wait - am now an Avus Silver RS6 owner!!

Habiline
July 29th, 2003, 10:01
Hi all,

I initially ordered a Daytona Grey RS6 about a week ago. Everything was fine UNTIL my wife & I spotted a fully loaded - every option Avus Silver RS6 sitting in a dealer's showroom. :bow:

We were told that the car had been ordered by a customer that ended up buying something else!! Imagine that - what else could you get that would even come close??? LOL :confused:

Anyway, to make a long story short, as of Sat night - 07/26, I am now a very proud, excited owner of a beautiful Avus Silver Beast
:cheers: and I love everything about it - the seats, the CF trim, the Warm weather package, sport exhaust and even the NAV system. Bye-bye M3.. Long live the :king:

I will try to take some pictures of the Beast when she is in good mood :D tomorrow and will post it asap....got to go and try to get some sleep (eh, I meant some BEER!!!) :trash:

:cheers:

Habiline

Erik
July 29th, 2003, 10:04
Congratulations! As long as you are happy!

I guess it looks something like this?

Avus Silver RS6 Saloon in Showroom (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=395&highlight=lecab)

The car in these pictures is going to Dahlback Racing for a MTM upgrade.

avdh
July 29th, 2003, 10:46
Congrats!

RS6FEVR
July 29th, 2003, 16:51
:cheers: Habiline :cheers:

Congratulations on the new addition!! Boy, I was tempted also to take a unit off of a dealer floor, but I'm gonna hold out for my original misano red choice. Sitting in the car really tempted me, but I should only have a week or so to go (I hope, I hope, I hope). :confused: :confused:

Hope you have a blast and positive experience like those who have taken delivery so far. May it treat you well.

:addict: FEVR :addict:

schvetkaaks
July 29th, 2003, 17:12
Congrats! I'm more than a little intrigued at the large number of dealers with that same 'situation'. Methinks that the allotment of RS6's is more than the demand that is out there, particularly with the upcoming 496hp E55 and 500hp M5, both listed (for now) as cheaper than the 450hp RS6. I've been contacted by several dealers who now just happen to have some in stock, and the excuse is always that someone who ordered it either had financial problems or bought something else. The total allotment is nowhere near complete, so I wonder if these will end up sitting in lots in a few months, selling for a nice chunk less than MSRP.

Me, I might wait until the first batch of used RS6's hit the market - don't want to be the one to take the depreciation hit.

Great car, no question - anxious to see the first one on the road here in S. Cal.

Erik
July 29th, 2003, 17:17
It's a fact in Sweden that dealers are forced to take/preorder a certain amount of cars. I'm sure it goes for the RS6 in the USA as well. Eventually they will all be sold, and it's better to store it in a dealer during the time.

Rally
July 29th, 2003, 18:06
Apparently some of the dealers have bypassed the customer ordering system for their first shipment and are trying to get a price over MSRP in the early stages of the game.

Congrats Habiline on the RS6.

Benman
July 29th, 2003, 21:22
congratulations Habiline:cheers:

i KNOW you are enjoying the car and i'm VERY anxious to take delivery of mine. the options you have are the same for myself.

and it is great to see someone from So Cal on this forum take delivery.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

krm
July 29th, 2003, 22:49
Congratulations, enjoy it well!

:cheers:

sprint Blue
July 30th, 2003, 03:56
Have lots of fun!:incar:

Habiline
July 31st, 2003, 05:33
To all who replied:

Thanks for all the congratulatory msgs....it's very cool to have a worldwide support group. :addict: I am enjoying the car and will post driving impressions later. Thanks again for all the help and support everyone.

:) :cheers:

Habiline