PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Option: Sport Chassis Plus?

avdh
July 29th, 2003, 08:05
I have been to audi.de's configurator and found that option.
Translated from "Sportfahrwerk plus"

It costs Euro. 650.-

Does anyone knows what it is?
Would that be what Audi calls here the Super Sport Suspension?

Erik
July 29th, 2003, 09:38
Never heard of a Super Sport Suspension. Is it a new option or another name of the Sports Suspension?

I'm very interested to learn more.

I can tell you the BMW owners are very jealous that there are so many goodies to order to this car.

Just imagine if you could order your M5 with Kellners sports exhaust from the factory... :cool2:

avdh
July 29th, 2003, 10:44
The standard RS6 comes with a sport suspension, code 2MC

There is an option, code 2ME, which is is called the Super Sport Suspension.

I first read about that on this Forum from someone who was on his second RS6 and had order the second car with that option.

I checked with Audi SA and it does exist, however they don't know yet, if SA is approved for that option.

Plexus
July 29th, 2003, 14:18
I have 2ME on my car and it is great. Allegedly the only UK car with it! As this is my second RS6 now I can say without doubt that it is better than standard "Sport Suspension". The call it "Super Sport" because Audi claim the car already has "Sport Suspension".

If you live in an area where you will drive a lot of flat well kept roads then it is awesome, however, on not so good roads it leaves your teeth chattering some.

I was lead to believe that it is 20mm lower and 30% stiffer, I would go with that. The price from Audi is a lot less than the conversions offered by Sportec, MTM and others. Warrantied too.

It makes a good car better.

:addict:

avdh
July 29th, 2003, 15:54
Thanks Plexus, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Just two more questions though.

Do you remember the price of the Super Sport Suspension?

When you drive slowly in the suburbs, does it absorbs road repairs, where the new tar sticks out by 1/2" or less or do your teeth fillings rattle?

If Audi AG approves the Super Sport Suspension for SA, then I'm most likely going for it with the 19" wheels

Erik
July 29th, 2003, 16:07
Originally posted by avdh
If Audi AG approves the Super Sport Suspension for SA, then I'm most likely going for it with the 19" wheels

I don't know you well enough, but from what I've read from previous posts over time in other forums I think this is a suitable setup for you.

Plexus
July 29th, 2003, 18:35
I think it was around £750GBP, I will check that though with invoice.

Driving slow I wouldn't say there was that much difference, it's shows most when cornering.