PDA

View Full Version : Talk About Frustration!

iconcls
July 28th, 2003, 15:14
Someone with a build date nearly a month after mine has their car sitting in the very same dealer showroom where I ordered my car.

Why is my car stilling sitting at port in TX? No one seems to know!

Expletives follow: for *%^*# sake.

andyp
July 28th, 2003, 15:22
Here's my theory:

You ordered the enhanced exhaust and they didn't (I don't know this but it goes with my theory). The exhausts were on back order so the cars which didn't need these moved ahead. Just a theory :360: (seems that the first cars out didn't have the exhaust option)

iconcls
July 28th, 2003, 15:27
but this car has it too!

Go figure ;-)

andyp
July 28th, 2003, 15:48
Bang goes that theory!

They can make 500 cars in a month (20 days * 25 cars per day), which is 10% of worldwide production target, so it is possible that the two orders ended up batched on the same ship.

Thilo
July 28th, 2003, 16:01
I ordered my car in november 2002 and an other swiss customer ordered his in august 2002. Guess who got his car first ? Me.

Greetings from Switzerland
:p

RS6FEVR
July 28th, 2003, 16:11
:cheers: Icon
I feel your pain man!! This waiting game without any good information is horrendous. :eye: :eye:
I know we're going to have our cars, soon, and have to believe that everything written/posted so far will make the wait worthwhile. Could they do it better; absolutely, but big business seems to always have these anomalies that make you wonder how anything gets done or accomplished! :error: :error:
Right now, for me, it seems only rationalization is available to temper the anxiety of waiting. We're going to have these machines, sooner rather than later and this will all be a bad memory erased by the thrill of a fine piece of machinery!
:addict: FEVR :addict:

Benman
July 28th, 2003, 18:58
RS6FEVR,
nicely put:D trust me, when you get in and drive off all the waiting and frustration will go right out the window.:cheers:

BTW, i thought worldwide production #s were closer to 9,000.

Ben:addict:

dabull
July 30th, 2003, 03:05
[COLOR=darkblue]Ben, well what do you think now that you have had if for a couple of weeks? How many miles do you have to date?

I have around 600 miles and couldn't be happier. I live on a county road that is paved but the idiots just put down tar and then a layer of lime stone and it is a dusty mess. I have to drive on this mess for .7 miles before I get to the state route. I haven't driven the RS6 since they messed the road up. I have had to add 1/2 quart of the wonder oil, didn't use it the car was low when it was delivered. :addict: :addict:

Erik
July 30th, 2003, 09:28
Originally posted by dabull I have had to add 1/2 quart of the wonder oil, didn't use it the car was low when it was delivered.

You've got to save money somewhere... :rolleyes:

Finnus
July 30th, 2003, 11:50
Iconcls.

I went through the same thing. My car arrived in port on 6/11 and I didn't get it until 7/15! First it was the special oil, then the window stickers, then my car was missing a manual.

I was so annoyed, I almost told them to keep the car. I finally lost it with my salesman early afternoon 7/14. He called me two hours later that the car had arrived - that's how you get results. LOL :hihi:

Seriously, I hope you get it soon. Once you do, you'll forget all of your frustration ...

Finnus

Benman
July 30th, 2003, 21:40
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dabull
[B][COLOR=darkblue]Ben, well what do you think now that you have had if for a couple of weeks? How many miles do you have to date?

i don't have mine yet.:vsad2: i was referring to my drive in Germany (i guess you could say i have @50 miles under my belt).

my guess is that it will only take me 3 or 4 days to take care of the 1000 mile break in:cheers:

Ben:addict: