PDA

View Full Version : DRL mod

wmgarton
October 21st, 2008, 23:51
I brought a 2003 RS6 to Canada....now I need DRL's to pass inspection.
Also purchased Ross-Tech usb hex-can.
I went to #17 (instruments) and changed country in "soft coding" from # 2 to # 3. I now show km. instead of miles on the odometer, but no DRL's.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

gooseleg
October 22nd, 2008, 01:43
The car was made for the US market only which does not require DRL, Vag will not be able to activate something that's not there.

Aronis
October 22nd, 2008, 02:12
I have fun when I drive in Canada. I don't have DRLs so no one can see my car. It's like magic Ah?

Mike

SpinEcho
October 22nd, 2008, 03:01
I have fun when I drive in Canada. I don't have DRLs so no one can see my car. It's like magic Ah?

Mike

That's funny - our mutual friend from Napanee had no trouble seeing you...:rotflmao:

Bigglezworth
October 22nd, 2008, 03:57
I brought a 2003 RS6 to Canada....now I need DRL's to pass inspection.
Also purchased Ross-Tech usb hex-can.
I went to #17 (instruments) and changed country in "soft coding" from # 2 to # 3. I now show km. instead of miles on the odometer, but no DRL's.
Does anyone have any suggestions?Email me at Bigglezworth@shaw.ca and I'll give you a heads up on what I did in less than 30 mins to get DRL working.

Tim

DuckWingDuck
October 22nd, 2008, 06:46
what's DRL?

wmgarton
October 22nd, 2008, 07:03
Daytime Running Lights

Bigglezworth
October 22nd, 2008, 12:45
what's DRL?
A safety feature required in many parts of the world that ensures you can see oncoming traffic and better judge distance to said vehicle because it can be seen easier. This safety requirement has been in place on Canadian issued vehicles for almost 2 decades. I find it ironic that the US has only recently adopted the standard.

Tim

DuckWingDuck
October 22nd, 2008, 15:47
ya, I was about to say, i thought daytime running light was mandatory here for car manufactured after '98?

Bigglezworth
October 22nd, 2008, 19:23
ya, I was about to say, i thought daytime running light was mandatory here for car manufactured after '98?
Here's a pair of decent webpages that pretty much sum it all up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp

http://www.usroads.com/journals/rmej/9912/rm991203.htm