PDA

View Full Version : Front parking sensors

andyp
July 28th, 2003, 14:37
Has anyone got front parking sensors that work? Has anyone looked to see if they are actually wired?

rodneyj
July 28th, 2003, 14:47
Certainly work ok on the UK model.

Rod

TheBrit
July 28th, 2003, 15:09
I take it you do have a dash button for manual activation of the front sensors? What happens if you press it? Do you get a green LED light in it?

andyp
July 28th, 2003, 15:16
The US version doesn't have a dash button.

andyp
July 28th, 2003, 15:17
Does the UK version have four sensors on the front bumper or two? The US version has two.

Alex K
July 28th, 2003, 16:15
The German RS6 version has 4 sensors each in the front and rear bumper and a button in the dash to switch on/off the system when desired. The system kicks in automatically when putting the gearbox in reverse and shuts off again automatically when exceeding 20 km/h. It needs to be activated manually when parking nose first.

jimmy94507
July 28th, 2003, 17:05
I was told by some Audi folks at the ALMS races this weekend that the two buttons on the front of the US RS 6 are not functional. We do not get front parktronic.

Regards, Jim

andyp
July 28th, 2003, 17:33
Fancy that ... they just wanted to tease us with the two sensors!

iconcls
July 28th, 2003, 17:42
just continue to pull up to something until you see one of the two buttons go flyin' off, then you know you're good ;-)

Ahhh, more US de-contenting, gotta love AoA.

Kyle
July 29th, 2003, 03:11
I don't particularly mind not having front parktronic, but I wish they would have given me a bumper without the holes. It sure looks like it has front parktronic. I had to ask the dealer to see if I was missing something. :rolleyes:

Erik
July 29th, 2003, 09:39
All I can say about the front sensors is I don't need them.

I have eyes in the front of my head but not in the back... :eye:

TheBrit
July 29th, 2003, 19:26
Originally posted by andyp
The US version doesn't have a dash button.

Then you certainly don't have from parking sensors (enabled anyway). The button is for manual selection of the front system to enable when going forwards, as Alex K says.

peterb
July 29th, 2003, 23:29
Originally posted by TheBrit
The button is for manual selection of the front system to enable when going forwards, as Alex K says.
It also serves to turn off the rear (and front) sensors when you don't need them - like when I've backed the car into the garage and leave the engine running for a couple of minutes - the beep would be very annoying otherwise!

Perhaps when you have rear sensors only, they switch off when you select neutral?

sprint Blue
July 30th, 2003, 03:52
iconcls, you crack me up! :hihi: