PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best shipping company?

bonedoc
October 18th, 2008, 17:46
I am hoping to be an RS6 owner soon. Haven't found the exact car yet, but there a couple that are high on the list. One thing I know, is that I will probably have the car shipped to me.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which shipping companies are the best, either by personal experience or by recommendation from others.
Much appreciated.

Boosted-Bora
October 18th, 2008, 21:02
DAS

dependable auto shippers

IMHO

GoFastKindaGuy
October 19th, 2008, 16:54
Horseless Carriage moves a lot of Ferraris.

Also, there is an individual named Albert, depending where you live, who is really anal about carrying cars. He brought my Scuderia from NY to WI. He works the East coast mostly. 609-408-2436

DuckWingDuck
October 19th, 2008, 18:07
clearly the mid-west is a place that I need to look at more if you've got that awesome collection AND recently bought a Scuderia.

Want to adopt me? Hehe.

jbtexas
October 19th, 2008, 19:34
I have used many throughout the years... I would say that these are the very best:

Intercity, Horseless Carriage, Thomas Sunday, Demoise.

Everything else is in a different category in my book. The one that I would never use again? Exotic Car Transport out of Florida. Never again.

Copper
October 20th, 2008, 16:32
Stay away from Fed-Ex. Very expensive and they broker out the same as everyone else anyway.

High-End, Intercity and Precious Metals are good. Company-owned trucks and drivers.

Mid-Range, DAS is good. They broker out to whoever is available however so the quality of the truck and driver varies. For a 2003 RS6 I would use a mid-range. Not much can go wrong like a very rare classic car for instance. All are insured and check for damage before and after with a log that you can review before accepting the vehicle.