PDA

View Full Version : Vag-Com issues

HeadShot
October 15th, 2008, 21:19
I'm trying to log Temps etc. to find / establish the differences between a stock set up and a RS6 running hood vents.

The issue i'm having is, using a VAG-COM Hex-Can usb connection
(Ross Tec) . It locks up after maybe 20sec of real time output. does this for several attempts then gives the messege. "too many interface connection errors" can not continue.

Any clues boys????
I just shot Ross Tec a note but in the mean time thought i'd try the crew. If someone tells me i'm running the wrong cable i'll deport myself and that will be the end of it. "Oh the Shame!!!!" LOL

Any help would be great. Otherwise it's the thermal heat gun readout Ugg.

DuckWingDuck
October 15th, 2008, 22:13
Wrong cables!

Just yanking your chain mate. As long as the vagcom can log data for any period of time (or even connect) then I don't think it's a cable issue. What version of the software are you running? They are up to 805 I think. Also, you are booked this weekend right?

HeadShot
October 15th, 2008, 22:55
I just installed the 805 version before starting Yesterday.. had the older one up till then - had never used it this way though so no comparrision. Yep - booked this weekend... 8hr drive up to Downieville for some DH mountainbiking. Taking the Beast i think... squeeze the bikes in the trunk!!! (thats the plan - test fit tonight hee,hee.)

maybe next weekend??

Just checked - reply from Ross-Tec (i like a quick response!! Full Point) Suggested this..

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_2.html#2.5

Seems reasonable.. Will try tonight.
</pre>

DuckWingDuck
October 15th, 2008, 23:37
LOL. Dammit, you're going to miss the julian drive and the night drive!! What's your availability like during the week mate?

HeadShot
October 15th, 2008, 23:45
There's a julian drive this weekend????? Next week i'm offshore out off LongBeach.. just day tripping but will have my company truck.. F-350 / RS6 i barely notice the difference ... and i love my job, and dark sunglasses are never used to oggle other women..... You get the point LOL :)

ben916
October 16th, 2008, 07:46
There's a julian drive this weekend?????

I need more than 4 minutes notice there DWD...

DuckWingDuck
October 16th, 2008, 16:36
Ben, I didn't know about it myself either until Richard emailed me about it a few days ago. You can still sign up man, go do it.

do it..... do it........ do it................... do it............

Heh.

ben916
October 16th, 2008, 17:07
Ben, I didn't know about it myself either until Richard emailed me about it a few days ago. You can still sign up man, go do it.

do it..... do it........ do it................... do it............

Heh.

Weekend booked already, bummer...

Is that in your best Starsky and Hutch (with Ben Stiller as Starsky) impersonation?

DuckWingDuck
October 16th, 2008, 17:40
Hehe, you know it! What about the Dana Point cruise? You've got kids, so I know you're not busy at 1030 at night!