PDA

View Full Version : RS4 and childrens

MR USER
October 13th, 2008, 09:23
Hello everyone,

Soon I will be dad... and I'm considering selling my RS4 for something a bit more "soft".
As I'm not really convinced it is necessary I would like to ask all of the Parents and RS4 owners their opinion about it...

Is the ride acceptable? (is not fitted with super sport suspension, just regular) Will braking and acceleration pose a threat to the baby health?

Will my wife be uncomfortable in the last few months of pregnancy? Any of you would not recommend to sell it?

Thanks a lot!!!

KK265
October 13th, 2008, 09:43
Hello everyone,

Soon I will be dad... and I'm considering selling my RS4 for something a bit more "soft".
As I'm not really convinced it is necessary I would like to ask all of the Parents and RS4 owners their opinion about it...

Is the ride acceptable? (is not fitted with super sport suspension, just regular) Will braking and acceleration pose a threat to the baby health?

Will my wife be uncomfortable in the last few months of pregnancy? Any of you would not recommend to sell it?

Thanks a lot!!!
Congratulations future dad!I am not dad but when I travel with my sister's kids (4 and 5 years old) on back seat (2,5 hours) they are very happy!My car has SS+ and our roads are on few points bumpy.It is not reason for selling the car.

f1esp
October 13th, 2008, 11:43
Congratulations!!! ...and NEVER sell your RS4!!!

My RS4 Avant (regular suspensions also) is 18 months old.
My son is 11 months old (and RS4 is the only ride he knows)

Never had problems.
You only have to buy a good seat for your baby. I own a Maxi-cosi (CabrioFix + EasyFix) and we (my son and myself) are very happy with it.

You also have to drive carefully with soft accelerations and braking...
The major problem are corners.

When I drive fast with all family my wife complains and I use her as speed limiter...

http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/230409400?$product$http://catharinevass.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/maxicosi-cabriofix-easyfix-isofix.jpg

roadrunner
October 13th, 2008, 16:56
Congratulations!!!

Except for the fact that my Audi is a A4 with 18'' wheels, but the s line suspension: I think, as the others have posted, you will be fine the RS4 suspension wise.

Acceleration & braking does not depend on the car, but on the driver. you could brake "too" hard with a Polo as well.

But you will see, how your driving habbints might slightly change, when the newborn is here. More foresight when baby on board.

You will have to consider other things as well, which belong to a baby forum: the right pushchair / buggy for the RS4. :hihi:

We had the Maxi Cosi Cabrio as well - can recomend it :thumb:

But if you really are considering a new ride:

I still think that the new S4 (B8) with the drive select option (dumpers) would be the perfect solution. When you are alone - dynamic setting, with the little one comfort and daddy & mommy & baby are satisfied.

After driving an S5 with the drive select - you feel the difference.

All the best to your wife & baby and soon to be daddy

f1esp
October 13th, 2008, 17:14
But you will see, how your driving habbints might slightly change, when the newborn is here. More foresight when baby on board.

That's right!

When my baby is on board my max. speed is 250 km/h

:rs4addict

JavierNuvolari
October 13th, 2008, 19:18
First of all : Congrats MR USER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for ride quality...well....my couple(we're not married) dunno about the RS 4 but she used to prefer the soft suspention cars...allways, anything different than a boat and she complained...especially as she aproached the 9 month.

As for driving habbits, yes...they and a LOT if you have the baby on board...if not they stay the same.

Saludos and congrats again.

MR USER
October 14th, 2008, 09:47
Thanks to all of you!!! Any experience with ISOFIX should I get that installed?

f1esp
October 14th, 2008, 11:38
Thanks to all of you!!! Any experience with ISOFIX should I get that installed?

Isofix is an option when you buy the car. It can't be installed as an aftermarket option.

There are Maxi-cosi child seats for cars without Isofix.

MR USER
October 14th, 2008, 13:23
Isofix is an option when you buy the car. It can't be installed as an aftermarket option.

That is strange... my dealer told me otherwise... He even mentioned that he had that work done on another Audi just little time ago...

Are you sure it cannot be retrofitted?

Lommo
November 21st, 2008, 21:05
I read Audi B5 avant book.(get dealer) and it say that you can fit isofix later.Sorry my English.

Benman
November 21st, 2008, 21:22
Will my wife be uncomfortable in the last few months of pregnancy?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can tell you have no kids... No matter WHAT you do, the wife will be uncomfortable in the last few months! Even on the sofa!!! LOL!!! :applause:

Keep the RS 4, the ride is no more harsh than the RS 6 and my wife was fine.

And huge congrats! Welcome to the club of "Married With Children" :D

Ben:addict:

Benman
November 21st, 2008, 21:24
I read Audi B5 avant book.(get dealer) and it say that you can fit isofix later.Sorry my English.
Thanks for the info. :cheers: So, if you can do it with the B5, obviously, the B7 would be even better (safety feature wise).

Ben:addict:

KK265
July 3rd, 2010, 16:57

Any update on this topic?I bought maxi cosi family isofix base but I think after examination to the back seat by me that I do not have isofix anchors.I would like to retrofit.Are b6,b7 back seats frame same?Anybody please ,knows here what parts I need and what part numbers have I to order?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?76926-Rear-Isofix-Fitting-Guide

MR USER
July 5th, 2010, 10:36
Hello,

I asked my Audi dealer to install the Isofix on my car. I had it installed on my RS4 (rear seats only on both left and right) and my A6 (same as the RS). All they do is to attach 2 metal pieces to the chassis. It works fine and is not visible. It is not as refined as when is factory made as you have to push the metal bars into the seat junctions. This can damage a bit the leather if you are not careful. Also you cannot deactivate the passenger airbag and you cannot use it in the front seat. Last but not least the maxicosi with ISOFIX can be used without the ISOFIX by wrapping the belt around them.

So in short is possible and it works!

last but not least... my first son is now 14 months. he sleeps in the A6 but the rigid set-up of the RS keeps on waking him up... I guess he will enjoy my car in few months! For now is a little early!

KK265
July 5th, 2010, 12:47
Hello,

I asked my Audi dealer to install the Isofix on my car. I had it installed on my RS4 (rear seats only on both left and right) and my A6 (same as the RS). All they do is to attach 2 metal pieces to the chassis. It works fine and is not visible. It is not as refined as when is factory made as you have to push the metal bars into the seat junctions. This can damage a bit the leather if you are not careful. Also you cannot deactivate the passenger airbag and you cannot use it in the front seat. Last but not least the maxicosi with ISOFIX can be used without the ISOFIX by wrapping the belt around them.

last but not least... my first son is now 14 months. he sleeps in the A6 but the rigid set-up of the RS keeps on waking him up... I guess he will enjoy my car in few months! For now is a little early!

Do you have part numbers for RS4 B7?

Fab
July 5th, 2010, 15:10
Hello,

last but not least... my first son is now 14 months. he sleeps in the A6 but the rigid set-up of the RS keeps on waking him up... I guess he will enjoy my car in few months! For now is a little early! Good to read you again Mr... I understand you still have the RS. Mine is gone 2 years ago because of twins... I had to go for soemting bigger. But soon back in business... Are you still around Geneva ? I still remember our nice RSsunday with Webbah. Long time ago now.

Isofix is great and maxi cosi with easy base is the must : I am using them everyday ! I did not know you could retrofit the metal anchor pieces. It is way better and more practical than palying with the belt.

All the best

Fab

MR USER
July 7th, 2010, 13:33
I have not done that myself... no idea about the number...

MR USER
July 7th, 2010, 13:39
Good to read you again Mr... I understand you still have the RS. Mine is gone 2 years ago because of twins... I had to go for soemting bigger. But soon back in business... Are you still around Geneva ? I still remember our nice RSsunday with Webbah. Long time ago now.

Isofix is great and maxi cosi with easy base is the must : I am using them everyday ! I did not know you could retrofit the metal anchor pieces. It is way better and more practical than palying with the belt.

All the best

Fab

Twins??? wow not wasting time are you? I will get the second one in Sep! And i totally understand! We had to get an A6 to do the job for the family! With the second one I will have to move to a van...!

Good to hear you are good! Anytime you feel like having a nostalgic moment with an RS4 just call! you are more than welcome to go for a spin!

My old lady is in fantastic shape! 100k km but new brakes (third set) and kept in perfect state! I have a hard time separating myself from her... Even when facing children needs! She gained a special place.

KK265
July 21st, 2010, 22:56

Isofix-audi part numbers for everyone is interested for retrofit in RS4 B7 sedan:
8EO813546B X 1 (ISOFIX BAR)
WHT001230 X 2 PIECES (SLEEVES)
8LO887233 X 2 PIECES (TORX BOLTS).
If anyone is interested I can post photos .

MR USER
August 3rd, 2010, 22:50
please! are they easy to install? i had the dealer doing it but I would not mind a bit of DIY

KK265
August 4th, 2010, 21:58
please! are they easy to install? i had the dealer doing it but I would not mind a bit of DIY
I got the idea from here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?76926-Rear-Isofix-Fitting-Guide
See please that our isofix bar has different part number from this in this site.
Yes it is easy and tomorrow I will post photo of my car rear seat after retrofit.Now I have not photos with me.These plastic sleeves are very easily removable so can avoid marks on the leather.

MR USER
August 4th, 2010, 22:51
as mentioned I had my RS done by the dealer, my wife's A6 has one and I would like to install the second one (left rear seat) would you know if it is the same part or a different one for A6 (old 4 years old). Sorry if I'm diverting from the main topic....

KK265
August 5th, 2010, 19:21
as mentioned I had my RS done by the dealer, my wife's A6 has one and I would like to install the second one (left rear seat) would you know if it is the same part or a different one for A6 (old 4 years old). Sorry if I'm diverting from the main topic....
I have no idea about A6.Here is my retrofit:
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5884/isofix.jpg (http://img837.imageshack.us/i/isofix.jpg/)