PDA

View Full Version : Ariel Atom 300 vs RUF CTR...

Mr Balsen
October 11th, 2008, 13:15
here:

http://www.video-auto.com/duel-au-sommet--ruf-ctr-yellow-bird-vs-ariel-atom.html

Frederic

Clio16V
October 11th, 2008, 17:38
Good old fast Ruf!

crespo
October 11th, 2008, 18:25
The Ruf was sickeningly fast on the straights, but it was holding the Atom up big time everywhere else. The Atom was pulling nearly 1.5G's on the corners before catching up on the Ruf. When it was behind the Ruf it barely ever got up over 1.1, 1.2 lateral G's. And it could have easily out-braked it or out-cornered it, but the driver wasn't risking anything.

God I love that car...

Erik
October 11th, 2008, 19:09
Great video! Thanks a lot.

Rutkowsky
October 11th, 2008, 20:05
Fantastic vid.

Z07
October 11th, 2008, 21:41
The Ruf was sickeningly fast on the straights, but it was holding the Atom up big time everywhere else. The Atom was pulling nearly 1.5G's on the corners before catching up on the Ruf. When it was behind the Ruf it barely ever got up over 1.1, 1.2 lateral G's. And it could have easily out-braked it or out-cornered it, but the driver wasn't risking anything.

God I love that car...
Yep. The Ruf was just in the way. The Atom was able to corner yards inside it on the bends.

Great video.

ben916
October 13th, 2008, 21:15
I was counting the number of times I would have stuffed the RUF in the corners...
The AA had tons of brakes and cornering.
The RUF had the power on the straights.

Makes me want a AA for WILLOW SPRINGS or QUALCOMM auto cross...

Z07
October 13th, 2008, 21:23
I was counting the number of times I would have stuffed the RUF in the corners...
The AA had tons of brakes and cornering.
The RUF had the power on the straights.

Makes me want a AA for WILLOW SPRINGS or QUALCOMM auto cross...
:king:
http://www.arielatom.com/specs/atom-500-v8

Der Major
October 14th, 2008, 08:19
the ruf is the winner for me here. like all other cars compared to the atom.
You wonīt call the atom a "car" would you?! Itīs a bigger go-kart nothing else. No roof, no comfort nothing. Its fast but in itīs own uninteresting league.

Erik
October 14th, 2008, 08:58
Remember: The Ruf is from 1987...

Der Major
October 14th, 2008, 11:44
I know that :)
Just wanna say that comparing cars with the "atom thing" just isnīt the real deal since all other cars have what belongs to a car. Doors, roof, seats ^^ a little comfort.

No wonder the atom is fast, it just has nothing attached to it.

Z07
October 14th, 2008, 12:07
The 1987 Ruf wasn't exactly a luxury sports car either. It had a roof, but that's where it ended. No air-con, manual windows, etc.

Erik
October 14th, 2008, 13:26

:jlol: :lovl:

Leadfoot
October 14th, 2008, 15:36

Actually that statement is incorrect, the Atom does have something attached to it.

It's a bungee cord and the other end was attached to the Ruf. :lovl:

ben916
October 14th, 2008, 16:57
the ruf is the winner for me here. like all other cars compared to the atom.
You wonīt call the atom a "car" would you?! Itīs a bigger go-kart nothing else. No roof, no comfort nothing. Its fast but in itīs own uninteresting league.

Completely expected this type of response, regardless of the person or location. Its a love/hate thing...