PDA

View Full Version : Audi part #s for brake rotors and pads??

DHall1
October 11th, 2008, 05:50
Hi all,

I tried searching to no end.

Anybody have the Audi part numbers for all the rotors and brake pads for the RS6?

Thanks,

Corey
October 11th, 2008, 15:03
front cross drilled rotor
4B3 615 301 E
4B3 615 302 A

front non cross drilled rotor
4B3 615 301 B
4B3 615 302

rear cross drilled rotor
4B3 615 601 C
4B3 615 602 A

rear non cross drilled rotor
4B3 615 601 B
4B3 615 602

front pads
4B3 698 151 A

rear pads
4B3 698 451

hahnmgh63
October 11th, 2008, 18:09
Hopefully they are the same then the price will come down with more produced, usually.

DHall1
October 11th, 2008, 20:23
Thank you very much!

It looks like you can buy these xdrilled rotors online from the discount Audi parts dealers for around 288ea. Seems like a no brainer to do your own brakes on these rides.

Pads are also around 288 for oe and 130 for EBC redstuff.

front cross drilled rotor
4B3 615 301 E
4B3 615 302 A

front non cross drilled rotor
4B3 615 301 B
4B3 615 302

rear cross drilled rotor
4B3 615 601 C
4B3 615 602 A

rear non cross drilled rotor
4B3 615 601 B
4B3 615 602

front pads
4B3 698 151 A

rear pads
4B3 698 451

Corey
October 12th, 2008, 14:10
Hopefully they are the same then the price will come down with more produced, usually.

different offset to the new RS4, a cheaper alternative to RS6 brake disc are VW Phaeton, they have the same offset and disc diameter, although you guys in the States didn't get the 365x34 disc option on the W12 Phaeton (and they look the same as the new RS4 (but are non cross drilled), you should still be able to get the discs.
Rears fit also btw.

DuckWingDuck
October 12th, 2008, 18:45
ya, just head down to your favourite local VW dealership b/c the phaeton part # won't show up in the audi system. That's what I had to do for my phaeton brake duct mod.

Corey
October 13th, 2008, 08:30
3D0 615 301 N Phaeton 365x34 front disc

4E0 615 601 L Phaeton rear disc

for those that n eed the part number

Bigglezworth
October 13th, 2008, 08:39
Same brakes on the Lamborghini Gallardo. Obviously you don't go the Lambo dealer and order the parts that way.....

Amazing how manufacturers profit from different ways of making the same information available.

DuckWingDuck
October 13th, 2008, 08:56
are the phaeton brakes better than RS6 oem? Or just cheaper?

Corey
October 13th, 2008, 09:04
Rotor material is exactly the same, the bell is the same principle as the new RS4 (2 piece aluminium) and remember the Phaeton (with the 365x34 disc) uses the same caliper as the RS6.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/Oceanicblu/Large_Front_Brake.jpg
I would class the disc as the same rather than better (although IMHO it looks better) and significantly cheaper.

DuckWingDuck
October 13th, 2008, 09:15
cool, same performance for cheaper. Def. jump on those when it comes time to get new brakes! If the calipers are the same, then can you also order phaeton pads? Or should I just stick with the RS6 pads?

Re: drilling rotors v. non-drilled. I was reading that for people like us with general everyday use, it's not necessary to get drilled and that F1 moved away from drilled partly because the holes in the drill pattern is actually a stress point and can cause rotors to crack prematurely? Thoughts from you folks on that?

Corey
October 13th, 2008, 09:30
3D0 698 151 A Phaeton pads are cheaper also.

I personally don't like cross drilled for that very reason, the crud from everyday use builds up in the holes and then it creates hot spots which can lead to premature failiure, my RS6 was fitted with the cross drilled and every month I was clearing the holes.

Texas RS6
October 13th, 2008, 21:23
Cross Drilled looks very cool for street!

But for real on track performance you would want slotted rotors.

DuckWingDuck
October 13th, 2008, 21:46
aren't the rs6 rotors slotted and drilled? The phaeton ones from above look slotted....?

Texas RS6
October 13th, 2008, 22:19
aren't the rs6 rotors slotted and drilled? The phaeton ones from above look slotted....?

No. The ones in the photo are "Vented" but have niether slots or cross drilled holes, but do have what looks like a "Floating Hat" This will reduce pad kick back under hard braking.

My RS6 has cross drilled only. All modern disks are vented and most performance cars have directional viens or (directional vents)

I would spring for the stock rotors because of the look and original Audi logo on the hats. Just my preference. I would also be okay with Brembo on the caliper and rotors.:0:

The stock pads are supposed to be Padgid Blacks. So I have been told.

DuckWingDuck
October 14th, 2008, 00:12
Clearly I am just like the least educated guy on this issue. What's the difference between vented and slotted? Cross drilled I understand...

Bigglezworth
October 14th, 2008, 02:03
Clearly I am just like the least educated guy on this issue. What's the difference between vented and slotted? Cross drilled I understand...Rotors are 'vented' between the two rotor surfaces. Drilled are holes that pass through the two rotor surfaces without hitting any of the veins in the vented area. Slotted are machined into each rotor surface without passing through. They also make drilled/slotted rotors. I would prefer if the rotors were slotted vs. drilled as I've had personal experience with rotor failure on drilled and never any failure on slotted.

Tim

http://www.drilledrotor.net/drilledrotor.net.image.jpg

DHall1
October 14th, 2008, 02:42
I wonder if the Phaeton pads have less grinding and dust??

Hmmm

3D0 698 151 A Phaeton pads are cheaper also.

I personally don't like cross drilled for that very reason, the crud from everyday use builds up in the holes and then it creates hot spots which can lead to premature failiure, my RS6 was fitted with the cross drilled and every month I was clearing the holes.

DHall1
October 14th, 2008, 02:51
Genuinevwaudi parts.com does not recognize these pns?

3D0 615 301 N Phaeton 365x34 front disc

4E0 615 601 L Phaeton rear disc

for those that n eed the part number

DuckWingDuck
October 14th, 2008, 03:38
Oh, okay, so basically slotted are just indentations made into the rotors to increase surface area but they don't actually go through the rotors thereby creating stress points?

Rotors are 'vented' between the two rotor surfaces. Drilled are holes that pass through the two rotor surfaces without hitting any of the veins in the vented area. Slotted are machined into each rotor surface without passing through. They also make drilled/slotted rotors. I would prefer if the rotors were slotted vs. drilled as I've had personal experience with rotor failure on drilled and never any failure on slotted.

Tim

http://www.drilledrotor.net/drilledrotor.net.image.jpg

Bigglezworth
October 14th, 2008, 13:51
I wonder if the Phaeton pads have less grinding and dust??

HmmmANYTHING would have less grinding and dust..... This OEM set-up is ridiculous IMO.

Bigglezworth
October 14th, 2008, 13:53
Oh, okay, so basically slotted are just indentations made into the rotors to increase surface area but they don't actually go through the rotors thereby creating stress points?They don't increase surface area. They provide an area for the scrubbed off pad to tuck away in from the surface area.

Corey
October 14th, 2008, 18:58
Genuinevwaudi parts.com does not recognize these pns?

Possibly because the W12 Phaeton with the 365x34 didn't officially get to you guys in the USA.
Get your local dealer to check on their system, the part numbers are ok over here in the UK.

BLITZEN
October 15th, 2008, 21:26
It looks like you can buy these xdrilled rotors online from the discount Audi parts dealers for around 288ea. Seems like a no brainer to do your own brakes on these rides.

What's the best online discount Audi parts dealer? Is that where you found these prices?

DHall1
October 16th, 2008, 04:15
Hi,

The one I quoted above has good prices. There is a discount from another dealer out east if your a audi-world member. About the same prices.

What's the best online discount Audi parts dealer? Is that where you found these prices?

BLITZEN
October 16th, 2008, 21:00
Hi,

The one I quoted above has good prices. There is a discount from another dealer out east if your a audi-world member. About the same prices.

Sorry DHall1, I need more info... You never quoted who exactly had those prices or how to reach them. And again, the "dealer out east" isn't enough information for me either. I need to make some calls and get some parts coming. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

DuckWingDuck
October 16th, 2008, 21:17
One quoted above is probably in reference tot genuineaudivwparts.com

As for the east coast dealer, I think it's that one dealership in new jersey who set up their own website. Frankly, I don't remember enough details to do a search but "parts dealer new jersey" might be a good place to start but someone did mention them a few months ago.

DHall1
October 17th, 2008, 04:17
Greg,

Yes, you had the right idea. By above, I was pointing Blitzen to three responses above where I typed out the web address. :eye:

I will look up the vendor for audi-world that offers discounts. Audi parts depot

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215021

One quoted above is probably in reference tot genuineaudivwparts.com

As for the east coast dealer, I think it's that one dealership in new jersey who set up their own website. Frankly, I don't remember enough details to do a search but "parts dealer new jersey" might be a good place to start but someone did mention them a few months ago.

Rennstore
October 17th, 2008, 15:11
RS6 track pads just came down in price:

All -out Pagid Yellow (same compound that wins LeMans, Sebring, Daytona)
493 for 6 piece RS6 fronts
340 for rears

THE best pads bar none.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now carrying Pagid RS29 brake pads for your S6 braked Audi
Same pad compound that won 24 hrs of Daytona, LeMans ......

www.Rennstore.com (http://www.rennstore.com/) 425-765-1090<!-- / message -->

DuckWingDuck
October 17th, 2008, 16:01
Don't you need 8 pieces for the front? Four on each wheel? That 340 for the rears is okay just okay as I think there are cheaper ones to be had elsewhere on the web.

How is dusting on the pagids?

Rennstore
October 17th, 2008, 16:07
My mistake, it is 8 piece.

As far as cheaper pads - not using Pagid Yellows for track use and getting a cheapie pad ... buena suerte.

OEMs ARE Pagid, just happens to be the 'comfort pad' which is much softer and dirtier.
Pagid Blues have less dust, Yellows about the same.

Yellows are an all-out track pad and what you should be using for track days.
--- Save the OEM for street use ---
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.Rennstore.com (http://www.rennstore.com/) 425-765-1090

Rennstore
October 17th, 2008, 17:23
BY FAR, the best bet is to make NO compromise - a hard driven RS6 or R8 WILL cook the OEM pads and wear them out extremely quickly -

How to do this?
**Switch pads to Pagid Yellows for a track day and mark pad locations for easy re-bedding**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.Rennstore.com (http://www.rennstore.com/) 425-765-1090

BLITZEN
October 17th, 2008, 19:31
Sorry this is confusing for me. DHall, I clicked through to that site and they don't even recognize the RS6 as one of the Audi models in 2003. I'll probably just call Rennstore since they know what's going on.

BLITZEN
October 17th, 2008, 19:37
Greg,

Yes, you had the right idea. By above, I was pointing Blitzen to three responses above where I typed out the web address. :eye:

Dave, I appreciate your help. But I just looked at each of your responses on this thread and didn't see any other web addresses typed out other than the one on this post. Can anybody else see 'em? :noshake:

Rennstore
October 17th, 2008, 23:34
Sure, gve me a buzz. I can give the best price for these expensive pads -

kingofnyc22
October 19th, 2008, 01:25
Dave, I appreciate your help. But I just looked at each of your responses on this thread and didn't see any other web addresses typed out other than the one on this post. Can anybody else see 'em? :noshake:
just type the part number in the search and you will see it.

DHall1
October 20th, 2008, 05:53
Sorry gang,

Both webstores need you to input the part number and then it will return with a price.

I have given two options for web stores in this thread. Armed with part numbers you can get prices.

just type the part number in the search and you will see it.

BLITZEN
October 23rd, 2008, 17:10
Thanks all for your help on this thread. I now have front and rear pads on their way. What do each of you use to compress the slave cylinders? I've done a few brake jobs before but never on an RS6. Are there any tricks I should know?

grizz
October 23rd, 2008, 20:58
Any brake caliper wind back tool will work .

DuckWingDuck
October 23rd, 2008, 21:11
How about your teeth? Hehe. How difficult is this sort of stuff on DIY? I think someone did ask a few days ago if this was a DIY sort of a car...