PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Blue is awesome!

Speedracer
July 27th, 2003, 00:59
I stopped by the dealer today. I saw Sprint Blue's Sprint Blue RS6 sitting in the lot. This is the greatest color I have seen. I thought from the few pics I saw that it would be overly flashy, but it's not. It just cries out "I am a very special car." I heard it started (Sound Enhancing Exhaust), and it wasn't nearly as loud as I expected. Just a subtle rumble (no revving).

Anyway, congratulations Sprint Blue!
Speed

sprint Blue
July 27th, 2003, 05:04
Holy Sh$t!! I saw it today at the dealership. It was INCREDIBLE!! Sprint blue rocks as a color. I just went with it on a whim looking at the geneva auto show rs6 pictures on the internet. It is the most gorgeous color I have really ever seen. I'll be picking up the car on Tuesday. I'll post pictures then. I also heard it start up and I almost crapped in my pants. The sound of the engine says "I'm ready to kick ass" I am a tough man to satisfy, and all I can say is thanks Audi.

sprint Blue
July 27th, 2003, 05:11
By the way, there were two Daytona Gray RS6's also at the dealership in the garage. ONe is bound for Las Vegas (bought by someone out there because apparently, the dealers in the west coast are charging over MSRP per my Audi dealer.) I live in NY. The other one was Speedracer's. The Daytona Gray gives the car a regal business-like look. Definately stealth. Looks to me like it is the most popular color for the car.

krm
July 27th, 2003, 05:20
Congrats, I can imagine both of you are very anxious to get behind the wheel of your cars. Are you guys located in Manhattan?

sprint Blue
July 27th, 2003, 05:36
I'm located in the suburbs of Manhattan. I don't know if I'd drive the RS6 to Manhattan. Not because of the potholes........but because of the valet parkers in the parking garages. I'm also on the waiting list for the upcoming Aston Martin AMV8 VAntage. When I take delivery of the AM, I'll move my bed into the garage and visit my wife in "her" bedroom every once in a while. A man's got to have priorities. :D

sprint Blue
July 27th, 2003, 05:52
Here is the sprint blue picture from the Geneva auto show:

gabeyung
July 27th, 2003, 10:47
sprint blue, congrats on both of your upcoming cars. can u keep us updated not only the RS6 but the AMV8 too? please
krm, do u know how many RS6 and RS4 out there in hong kong?
hk ppl likes sedens or avants more? and are u in hong kong right now? have u seen one in person in hk?? lol... sry for so many q's, i'm too excited to see a hk guy here....

Erik
July 27th, 2003, 16:46
I probably wouldn't dare ordering misano red, so sprint blue would be my absolute favourite color.

Klint
July 27th, 2003, 17:28
Originally posted by Erik
I probably wouldn't dare ordering misano red, so sprint blue would be my absolute favourite color.

I agree..Sprint Blue is the way to go.

Reminds me so much of Avus/Le Mans blue used in the BMW M productions colours. :)

:cheers:

krm
July 27th, 2003, 18:47
Sprint Blue, can't wait to see pictures of that color in daylight, looks to be a very stunning color. The AMV8 is one very desirable car, what have you picked? Your idea of putting your bed in the garage reminded me of a guy who parked his 360 Modena right in his living room as a display piece, what an absolute fanatic! :)

gabe, as far as I am aware, there are only 10 officially imported RS6's in HK. However, I am not sure how many were imported by private dealers. Nonetheless, it ought to be very special to see one on the streets. As for the RS4, I forgot what the number of officially imported cars are, but it's somewhere in the vicinity of less than 20. There are a lot of grey import RS4's from what I recall during the time when the car was very desirable in the market. From what I can tell, the HK buyers prefer the Avant versions more since it has a 'cool utility' factor and those people like to differentiate themselves from all those German saloons in the streets.

nene
July 27th, 2003, 19:17
Congrats Sprint Blue. That is another Gorgeous RS6.

gabeyung
July 28th, 2003, 00:42
Thanks for info, krm
last night my friend who's on vacation in hk called, telling me that he saw a daytona grey RS6, metalic green RS6 and a Red RS4 driving in the Causeway Bay..... DAMN..... he dun have a camera with him......

Finnus
July 28th, 2003, 12:36
SPrint Blue,

Congrats on the new Beast. Everything about the car says, "I mean business!!!"

Good luck & keep us posted.

Finnus :cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

Benman
July 28th, 2003, 15:38
Speedracer & Sprintblue,
congratulations:cheers: your babies are SO close you can taste it. soon you'll be driving around everywhere like Finnus, Bull and all the others who have taken delivery. (man i wish i didn't have one more month to go!):cheers:

Ben:addict:

avdh
July 28th, 2003, 16:19
Stunning colour indeed! Congrats "Sprint blue"

Veyron
July 28th, 2003, 16:42
Congratulations with your beautiful car!

I made the above picture at the AutoRai in Amsterdam (not the Geneva Autoshow), it is truly an incredible color!

sprint Blue
July 30th, 2003, 04:04
If you hadn't posted those photos last year, I would have gone with the Misano Red.:bow:

Veyron
July 30th, 2003, 08:48
I am glad I could help :D

Have lots of fun with your car!

Erik
November 21st, 2003, 14:45
Sprint Blue, the M3 way...

http://www.e46fanatics.com/features/picturepage.php?imagename=uberm3_31.jpg

urquattro83
November 21st, 2003, 17:09
Sprintbleu is really the most beautifull colour for a RS6. AMAZING COLOR!!!

I've seen one in Assen (Netherlands) by a audi-meeting.:addict:

for the dutch-speaking people under us: www.audiforum.nl (it is a good new dutch forum!!!!!!)

here is the pic:

http://members.home.nl/sweenen/images/ingestuurd/meeting/meeting1.jpg

Polorijder
November 21st, 2003, 21:58
:p this is the same car, this picture isn`t taken in geneva but on the AutoRai in Holland last februari. Is nice to see that they found an owner for this car.:p

wasn
November 22nd, 2003, 07:34
All i can say, i punted on the right colour!!! RS6 are rare in australia. 29 to be exact. i saw the only mugelo blue and was disappointed, so after much debated and coersing, my dealer was allowed 1 only sprint blue with my name on it, colours outside the standard RS6 colours are NOT an option here, and i'll wait and see what the custom interior look likes.

Polorijder
November 22nd, 2003, 10:16
:confused: why is that? In Holland you can order on every Audi a special color, it`s even possible to order every color you want the only criteria is it has to be water based.

sprint Blue
November 23rd, 2003, 01:01
Just had the Audi winter wheels and Dunlop winter tires installed at the Audi dealer. Set me back US$2400 but the dealer threw in the winter rubber mats so now my carpet mats won't get dirty and silver caps to replace the black plastic tire air caps.

The first thing I noticed about the ride was that there was less road noise. But when going around turns at high speeds(60 mph or higher), I could tell that the tires were on the brink of squealing. Also, the ride/handling is more "squishy" for lack of a better word. The handling is a bit more muted compared to when I had the P zeros on the original wheels...sort of like a Mercedes or Jaguar.) Traction in the rain is like krazy glue. I felt very confident and on rain soaked, puddled, isolated roads, took the rs6 up to 120mph without ever triggering the ESP.

The five spoke winter wheels look great and its easy to clean the large spokes. The rubber mats are top quality and I'd highly recommend them to anyone living in a snowy or rain state, especially with the winter coming up. I'll post some pictures soon.

john hulbrock
November 23rd, 2003, 02:55
Sprint Blue:
Congrats on your car- maybe you can join speedracer and I for a drive before the winter sets in.
as far as your winter tires- what brand wheel is the dealer supplying- is it Audi OEM or another brand- also- which dunlop and in what size?
I have used bridgestone in the past and have been very impressed with the winter traction and not so impressed with the dry handling.
How about the first weekend in Dec. for a drive in Rockland County? I have a few fellow rs6 owners in NJ who would join us.

John

Fast One
November 23rd, 2003, 05:02
congrats sprint blue,enjoy!!!John keep us updated about the rs6 drive in rockland,thanks.

pING
November 23rd, 2003, 18:38
Originally posted by urquattro83
for the dutch-speaking people under us: www.audiforum.nl (it is a good new dutch forum!!!!!!)Dat het niet werkt is nog nieuwigheid? ;)

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Sprintblue is indeed a nice color :0:

rs6w
November 23rd, 2003, 20:08
Ask TheBrit about additional options you can do to the interior!:D

urquattro83
November 23rd, 2003, 20:28
pING you have a PM !!!!

Klint
November 23rd, 2003, 20:28
Originally posted by Klint
I agree..Sprint Blue is the way to go.

Reminds me so much of Avus/Le Mans blue used in the BMW M productions colours. :)

Maybe not anymore!

It looks so much more like Estoril Blue. Very, Very nice colour! :D

Also, congrats!

Speedracer
November 24th, 2003, 02:11
Originally posted by john hulbrock
Sprint Blue:
How about the first weekend in Dec. for a drive in Rockland County? I have a few fellow rs6 owners in NJ who would join us.
John
I'd be up for next Sunday.
Speedracer

RobertV
November 25th, 2003, 12:49
I "only" have an S6, but would love to tag along. Speedracer and I were on the Cliffs on Insanity drive together and we all had a blast.

BTW Spirit blue is a wonderful color, congrats on the car :)