PDA

View Full Version : Probems with new RS6 Avant

sallyh
October 8th, 2008, 11:44
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone with the new RS6 Avant has experienced any probems. My one is due for delivery in January 2009, so any warning of problems would be much appreciated. I had the previous one - plastic wearing away from driver side door opener, weird blocking of drainage hole and rusting of fuse, failure of DRC (thanks to looking at the fantastic RS6.com and joining the local Audi Club was fixed). Obviously I'd rather read great reviews in magazines, YouTube etc but as a future owner (and past very grateful owner) of the RS6 Avant, please speak up so that the knowledge can be shared.

All the best

Sallyh

Rutkowsky
October 8th, 2008, 20:04
I think the car is still too new to show up any problems. I'd be very worried if anyone from here posts of any defects..

liwi
October 8th, 2008, 22:53
so far so good but only had it since 1 Sep....:rs6kiss:

Trebor
October 9th, 2008, 10:53
So far so VERY VERY good :wo: (13,000 km)

liwi
October 9th, 2008, 11:25
you make me laugh Trebor...but the fact says the same IT IS a FANtastic CAR!:jlol: :dig: :applause: just a shame there is so much traffic over here...can#t wait to take it over to the mainland Europe and la Suede!!

Trebor
October 9th, 2008, 12:15
Hi liwi - Heard that, loud & clear

I was over in the UK in Aug, depressing
Alarms from GPS speed camera warnings, turned into a continous tone :noshake:
Muppets all in fast lane, & what allot of MUPPETS there were :eye:

Having said that, spent a week in north Wales, now thats fun, if you can see over the hedges & don't have a pacemaker

Just setting up a long hall business trip Vienna - France - Belgum - Vienna
very tempted to take the beast on a last long run before I wrap her up for the winter :snow: should I ??? :wo:

liwi
October 9th, 2008, 12:31
Sounds absolutely fab!

So you wrap her up all over the winter...well I guess in the UK it is not much of a winter anyway.

I think you should go for it..guess the company will pay your fuel bill :rotflmao:

LOL .. Almost all of Whales is like that..60 mph on a road that would surround you with bushes...Anyone, please do not take these routes!

If it is not busy roads, it is speed cameras, if it is not speed cameras, its these lovely muppets, or speed bumps or rubbish roads or the weather or the lovely men in uniform:doh: ..well well...luckily I have a patience of an angel so they say:nana:

I say GO for it

Trebor
October 9th, 2008, 12:50
OK its a done deal

Now looking for some interesting routes

As for the winter, would need to set up on winter wheels & tyres (legal requirement) & although on good days, (clear wide snow covered roads) is not worth it.
Better a older rear wheel drive to play in :jlol:

As for the petrol :doh: I wish
Can fly / train etc, or take the company car, oil burner no fun :cry:

Stay safe :burnout:

gjg
October 9th, 2008, 15:29
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone with the new RS6 Avant has experienced any probems. My one is due for delivery in January 2009, so any warning of problems would be much appreciated. I had the previous one - plastic wearing away from driver side door opener, weird blocking of drainage hole and rusting of fuse, failure of DRC (thanks to looking at the fantastic RS6.com and joining the local Audi Club was fixed). Obviously I'd rather read great reviews in magazines, YouTube etc but as a future owner (and past very grateful owner) of the RS6 Avant, please speak up so that the knowledge can be shared.

All the best

Sallyh

I still have the "old" Avant and had no problems (including DRC :hihi: ) - biggest problem is, and I suppose there is no change on the new one, the size of the fuel tank - should be 100 l to have decent range in Germany otherwise I have to make a fuel stop every 70-75 minutes on a good day .... :applause:

sallyh
October 9th, 2008, 23:30
Hi all

Fantastic that there are no problems - I know that the car is new but it seems like everyone who has theirs has driven it a lot! Perhaps Audi sorted out the DRC on the RS6 Plus given it was produced later? Does the V10 engine use more oil than the V8?

Trebor
October 10th, 2008, 06:10
Hi all

Fantastic that there are no problems - I know that the car is new but it seems like everyone who has theirs has driven it a lot! Perhaps Audi sorted out the DRC on the RS6 Plus given it was produced later? Does the V10 engine use more oil than the V8?

Believe hand book quotes a fig. or sets expectations for use of oil however, 13,000 km so far & not a drop used in my case :wo:

gjg
October 10th, 2008, 19:34
Hi all

my V8 takes about 1/2 to 3/4 of a liter for 15,000 km, basically top to 3/4 down on the dipstick, no matter how I drive. about 100k km on the clock

gdavison
October 10th, 2008, 23:34
Oil consumption seems to be a lottery on cars these days

my old A6 2.4 was one of those 1L every 1000km no mater how you drove it.. annoyed the hell out of me ...
The replacement A6 2.7 Biturbo was 1L every 10K KM
The replacement Cayenne (the V6) is .. Porsche do oil at service

All of my Boxsters have also been dont bother they do oil at service

to be honest a litre of oil in the general running costs of cars like this .. do we care :)

sallyh
October 11th, 2008, 22:49
Hi

No, it is not so much the cost of the oil, more I was wondering from my experience of the V10 M5 using what seemed like "excessive oil" whether this would then be true of the V10 RS6. BMW were very good about it, putting in a litre for free whenever the indicator light came on (which was at intervals of a few thousand kilometres), but they said that V10 engines use a lot of oil, especially in the early stages, and it was to be expected.

gjg
October 12th, 2008, 18:54
Hi

No, it is not so much the cost of the oil, more I was wondering from my experience of the V10 M5 using what seemed like "excessive oil" whether this would then be true of the V10 RS6. BMW were very good about it, putting in a litre for free whenever the indicator light came on (which was at intervals of a few thousand kilometres), but they said that V10 engines use a lot of oil, especially in the early stages, and it was to be expected.

this is no BMW we're discussing here ..... :harass:

:applause:

Trebor
October 29th, 2008, 17:20
Hi all

All the best
Sallyh

Update for you :mech:

Book states as much as 0.5 Ltr / 1000 km as potential usage

Oil top up light just came on, 0.5 Ltr added at 17,000 km (Not bad)

Rgds Trebor