PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware!

bonedoc
October 3rd, 2008, 21:19
I noticed this car...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=252290377&dealer_id=63351495&car_year=2003&num_records=25&model=RS6&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&sownerid=55200064&make=AUDI&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&seller_type=b&position=top&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=91105&advanced=&end_year=2009&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=1559&rdpage=thumb

on Autotrader a few days ago, so I emailed the seller to get more info. I wrote "obviously, you listed the price incorrectly....can you tell me more about the car.....what is the real price?"
Next thing I know, he says that he is sending me a invoice for the car and that he has made arrangements to ship it to me. Woohhh there buddy! I again emailed him to tell him that I would like more info on the car. He then told me that eBay would be contacting me soon and that I could "send him a money gram" and "try out the car for a while, then buy it if I liked it."
I reported him as a scam to Autotrader, but have not heard back from them.
Anyway, clearly not someone that you want to get involved with if you are looking for a quality (or even a real) RS6.

jbtexas
October 3rd, 2008, 22:17
yes... and its very disappointing that Autotrader hasnt done anything about it... for what its worth, he has been running that scam for at least a couple months... i went through the exact same thing when i was shopping...except, he added that he was selling the car for a "charity"

RS6-4dr911
October 4th, 2008, 13:18
just checked, it's been delisted.

Texas RS6
October 7th, 2008, 19:39
I called this guy about 4 months ago. And every time I tried to meet him to buy the car with cash in person he was in another state or the car was or being shipped! It was an obvious scam, but it was fun to shoot at him. :jlol:

Rupert
October 8th, 2008, 10:05
^^ You'd need a Light 50 if he's in another state :0:

Mockenrue
October 8th, 2008, 11:40
This is a great site for dealing with (and baiting!) these types of scammers: http://www.419eater.com/

bonedoc
October 9th, 2008, 00:37
Glad to see that he ran for the hills....I'm sure that he will surface again.