PDA

View Full Version : Build Sheet or Window Sticker

Texas RS6
October 2nd, 2008, 14:33
Does anyone know how to get a copy of the original window sticker for my car? If not a build sheet? :addict:

DuckWingDuck
October 2nd, 2008, 15:42
you mean you don't have your original sticker? Still have mine ;)

LIRS6
October 2nd, 2008, 16:39
If original owner doesn't have it, then suspect his insurance agency would have had it on file, but as car sold it probably has been deep-sixed. might be worth a try to ask the first owner

Texas RS6
October 2nd, 2008, 17:36
I rescued this car from an upper middle aged woman and divorce. Nether the husband or wife new were any of the original paper work or manuals. I replaced all of the books and records with the local Audi dealer were the car had always been serviced.

But now I would like to know the options I have and the build sheet or window sticker. Just like to have my "Ducks" in a row. :rotflmao:

DuckWingDuck
October 2nd, 2008, 17:45
haha. Well, there are that many options. I'm headed down to the dealership today, so maybe I'll try to snag a photo of my sticker and you can compare/contrast.

Texas RS6
October 2nd, 2008, 17:52
Like yesterday. I read that an owner was blacking out his chrome. My car has all brushed aluminum trim. My guess is they are all the same, but I don't have a point of reference. I do know I don't have NAV.

DuckWingDuck
October 2nd, 2008, 18:25
Well, all S/RS have the brushed aluminum (I suppose some might call it chrome) around the window and the rear view mirror. That's not an option. Or are you talking about interior trim?

Holiday
October 2nd, 2008, 19:18
AoA is guaranteed to have build sheets on hand. If they're anything like Porsche, they keep them on file and charge ~$40 for a copy to be sent to you.
I'm very interested in picking one up for my car as well, so I'll look into this once I return next week.;)