PDA

View Full Version : New 03 RS6 owner!

terrytcl
September 29th, 2008, 17:18
Love the car!

First things first - some fluid changes
Looking to do a tranny fluid flush with Redline D4 ATF.
Looking to do diff flushes.
and bleed all calipers using ATE super blue brake fluid.

:addict: :addict:

hahnmgh63
September 29th, 2008, 17:32
If your not too familiar with Audi Automatics, make sure you follow Audi's tranny fill procedure, it is a little bit of a pain. Do you have a VagCom? MGH

terrytcl
September 29th, 2008, 17:38
i used to own a 2002 a6 4.2 - that was about 2 years ago. loved the car, but the RS6 was what i really wanted. :)

i'm a DIY shadetree mech. :)
i think the only time i ever brought in a car was when the ECU in my old volvo fried. other than that, everything else is cake :)

yep, have VAG.

hahnmgh63
September 29th, 2008, 18:00
Sounds like me, I do most all of my work too on my cars. The Audi trans fills from the bottom on a periscope type of filler in the pan (17mm allen/hex). The drain is a small Torx as well as all of the pan bolts. There is a standard type of tranny filter bolted on the bottom of the tranny as well as you'll find 3 magnets in the pan to clean as well as the pan itself of course. In case you don't have a Bentle manual (which overall is a crap manual) let me know and I'll let you know the temps for the tranny fluid on filling and which channels you read them at. MGH

Bigglezworth
October 2nd, 2008, 04:08
Another new owner. That's at least a half dozen in just the past month. Suddenly I don't feel like such a noob any more. I'm one month old with mine and my excitement is still as fresh as the day I laid down the coin to purchase it! Such fun.