PDA

View Full Version : Oil Temperature Sensor Faulty

snoopra
September 29th, 2008, 02:32
Just got a yellow symbol in the info screen that's an oil can with the word "sensor". I checked the manual and it says I have a defective or faulty oil temperature sensor. Does anyone know where this sensor is located and where I can purchase a replacement (other that the stealership)?:mech:

jonas21
September 29th, 2008, 15:23
I once had the same problem, its not easy to replace. Prepare to hand over some serious cash to your service dealer.

skiwi
September 29th, 2008, 19:48
I once had the same problem, its not easy to replace. Prepare to hand over some serious cash to your service dealer.

are you confusing this with the oil thermostat? that is an engine-out job in the rs6, but i've never heard that they go wrong...

the oil thermo sensor is integrated with the level sensor and bolts onto the bottom of the sump. drain the oil, remove 3 bolts ad it's all yours. there is a seal that you need to replace on refitting...

snoopra
October 1st, 2008, 01:21
Thanks, "again", Skiwi:thumb: Will do

snoopra
October 4th, 2008, 23:03
Ordered and received the sensor in warp speed from Zygmunt Motors dba Bimmerparts.com. They have almost everything for our cars. Anything they don't have, they can get fast!:addict: and prices are wholesale!

http://www.bimmerparts.com/index.wws?cookieid=25Z0QH80D25Z0QK9HR