PDA

View Full Version : Test drove new RS6

Rutkowsky
September 28th, 2008, 11:49
What a machine.. From the quality of the interior to options list to the delivery of power and of course the exhaust note!! Audi has done a good job.

Some of my quick findings..

Power delivery; relentless! Didn't notice any turbo lag.

Suspension settings; Comfort is very good. Dynamic didn't try and sport is on the BMW CSL level of firmness. On the less than average quality of road it made me a little bit sick to be honest.. so i went back to comfort.

Steering; I liked the bottom flat steering wheel, it has a nice feel to it. The steering is quite direct, i also liked it.

Handling; Because it is a large and heavy car, i can't compare it to my M3 but it was good. i liked it. It will outhandle my M3 on wet (despite the size) not on dry though i'm afraid.
The massive torque deals with the weight of the car effortlessly. The running costs might be high due to this fact.. the tyres, pads etc.
..Flooring the car on bends and exits (within reasons of course) doesn't get you to sweat. I had a lot of confidence in this car also, the gear box holds on to gear on a bend too.

Engine; WOW!

Transmision; The gear changes are awesome. On the release of RS6, i was dissapointed that it has an automatic box but now i can see that it actually suits the charachter of the car and the gear changes are so quick!!! Amazing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/52RkeXdvDX4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/52RkeXdvDX4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Exhaust note; Dangerously addictive!!

The parking system is very nice, the same as the S8 has with a camera, i loved it.

It is very difficult to tell what is quicker, M5 or RS6 on a straight line acceleration. I'd say not much in it either way.

The M6 is quicker or made me feel that way.

There's no other Audi that i'd like more. The RS6 is the Daddy.

I am also a big fan of M brand as you all know and if i were to decide between M5 e60 or C6 RS6, i'd have to toss a coin..

The RS6 being a new car and technology has the edge though..

Did i mention the savage torque and acceleration of this Audi? :hihi:

I loved the car.

Rutkowsky
September 29th, 2008, 08:22
Has no one else driven the new 6 on this board? Strange..

liwi
September 29th, 2008, 09:05
The RS6 is the Daddy.

:rs6kiss:
Exactly my feelings..every morning taking THE daddy to work it just makes me smile....and the respects it gets when driving it.

I just love it too!:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :applause:

AndyBG
September 29th, 2008, 12:44
What a machine.. . ...I loved the car.

I didn't expect you to like it that much..., but if you, a big fan of M cars, say all these great words about new RS 6, all I can think is :bow: :addict:

:cheers:

sallyh
September 29th, 2008, 13:10
Hi all

Well, we recently sold the E60 M5, and I have the new RS6 Avant arriving in January (I hope!). So it is fantastic to read these comments about the new RS6 Avant. I was in the UK recently and visited a dealership but had not arranged an international licence so could not go for a test drive (was told they had two R8s stolen recently and that if I really wanted the "expensive car buying experience - go buy a Ferrari") so it's great to hear from someone who managed to get a test drive. Anyway, I think the quattro thing is quite addictive as sideways around the corner was never that quick and the E60 M5 is quite complicated compared to the RS6. Just my thoughts.

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2008, 16:51
The RS6 does what it says on the tin, it's bloody, hellish, mind boggling quick in any conditions. You can plant it mid corner without fear of unsettling the thing and yet it can be driven like a limo if you want. No car ticks so many boxes and yet it's so efficient at what it does that many find it boring, no car with almost 600hp should be so easy to drive quickly.

Quattro, don't you just love it.

Ruergard
September 29th, 2008, 20:00
Quattro, don't you just love it.

We sure do! :heart:

Thanks for the review, always nice to hear some "real-world" experiences. Sounds like Audi have caught the bug! :addict:

artur777
September 29th, 2008, 21:02
We love Quattro, but w/QTV:-))))))))))))))))))))))
You too?

Rutkowsky
September 29th, 2008, 21:43
Thank you guys. As i said, for me a massive fan for all things M, it was a very pleasant experience. I expected a heavy front end pig and i couldn't believe how well the engine copes with the 2.1 ton of metal and chasis, suspension with road conditions plus the gearbox with my style of driving.

This car needs to be test driven to be appreciated. No point watching youtube.

When i had my C5 RS6, the B5 RS4 was pretty much as fast.

This time round the C6 RS6, is going to murder the B7 RS4 in a straight line.

One year old C6 RS6 is going to be a bargain!!

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2008, 23:02
Thank you guys. As i said, for me a massive fan for all things M, it was a very pleasant experience. I expected a heavy front end pig and i couldn't believe how well the engine copes with the 2.1 ton of metal and chasis, suspension with road conditions plus the gearbox with my style of driving.

This car needs to be test driven to be appreciated. No point watching youtube.

I second that one.

Though I still can't believe you would have to toss a coin between the RS6 and the M5 to who which one you would have. Come on, the RS6 is in a different leaque. The gearbox, the comfort, the quality of the interior, almost everything about the RS6 is better.

Rutkowsky
September 30th, 2008, 19:58
:) i am a massive fan of an M brand. I do admit though, that the RS6 has an advantage over the three year old e60 M5..

I'm tempted to buy the RS6 though. The Demo i test drove at Audi WhetStones London, was @ £69k and the price is open to negotiations. I don't even mind Avant model, that's how much the car impressed me.