PDA

View Full Version : H Sport Swaybar Settings?

Fonzie Audi
September 27th, 2008, 12:40
Anyone who has the swaybars installed.. what settings do you have them on? How does it feel?

melsas
September 27th, 2008, 13:53
Front bar only has one position. Rear bar has two possible settings. I have rear bar on stiffer setting. Did not try other setting, so cannot compare.
These bars are a great addition to the car. There is a definite reduction in "drama" when pushing the car on the twisties.

Fonzie Audi
September 27th, 2008, 16:59
thanks.. they were installed yesterday on the softer setting. car feels too loose. needed to know if it was worth going back to get adjusted to stiff

JCT2033
September 27th, 2008, 19:11
I have it on the stiff setting. I was told the setting is "hot swappable," just lose and retie the screws.

hahnmgh63
September 28th, 2008, 16:09
Hotchkis claims the front bar is 50% stiffer than stock and that the rear is 49% in the softer and 67% in the stiffer setting than stock.

Fonzie Audi
September 28th, 2008, 20:07
so not much difference than between the stiff and the soft.. 17% stiffer?

hahnmgh63
September 28th, 2008, 20:15
49% to 67% is a fair amount.

Fonzie Audi
September 28th, 2008, 23:40
a fair amount is enough to get it switched. thanks for the feedback

Holiday
September 29th, 2008, 00:17
Fonzie- Please report back once you have the switch done. I'm having KW V3's & H-Sport swaybars installed in a few weeks and as of now, I plan on setting the H-Sports to their softer setting. Here's my reasoning:
In my experience, as much fun as a stiff/tight suspension setup is, over time it will drastically reduce the life of the rest of the wearable suspension components- i.e bushings, etc. I've also found that a tight suspension will inherently allow more vibrations etc. into the cabin, causing squeeks, rattles, and other difficult to track down annoyances.

Since my RS6 will be my daily driver and will never see the track, I think the softer setting will be more than sufficient for what I'm looking for but I'd very much like to hear your take after you make the switch.

KfabR8
September 29th, 2008, 00:41
I'll get in on this in a few weeks too.
As soon as I get some time, I'll be installing KW's and H bars also. All my components are here, just waiting for me to install.

I enjoy playing w/suspension settings and can't wait to finger the damping settings and sway bar stiffness and I'll share any and all info I come up with.

My focus will be street oriented too - no track time on this one.

DuckWingDuck
September 29th, 2008, 01:12
exactly@richard. Just trying to get it a bit more tightened up, not trying to get it on the track. So, I would definitely be interested in hearing about the difference between the soft and stiff settings from folks who've installed the Hotchkis as well. I know Dave is enjoying his up in Colorado!

DHall1
September 29th, 2008, 03:05
Greg,

After all the drama last Friday. We did get a chance to drive/ride in 2 nice RS6s. Also, had the chance to feel two DRC/RS6 cars back to back one all stock and one with the Hotchkis. The difference was quite noticeable the firmness and over normal road driving and some spirited running was a nice surprise.

All I can say is that the "new" RS6 loves the Colorado Rockies. We went for a fall leaf ride today and stopped at the top of Loveland Pass...over 12k ft. And along comes this guy from Canada....."Oh, I just had to come over and say hi. I heard the exhaust coming up the hill and just knew it was an RS6. I have a RS4 back home and your car is wonderful." My wife asked me how he knew it was an RS6 just by the exhaust. Honey, its one of those car guy things and when you have owned one of these....you will always remember the exaust note. She smiled and shook her head. haha

exactly@richard. Just trying to get it a bit more tightened up, not trying to get it on the track. So, I would definitely be interested in hearing about the difference between the soft and stiff settings from folks who've installed the Hotchkis as well. I know Dave is enjoying his up in Colorado!

Holiday
September 29th, 2008, 18:52
I'll get in on this in a few weeks too.
As soon as I get some time, I'll be installing KW's and H bars also. All my components are here, just waiting for me to install.

I enjoy playing w/suspension settings and can't wait to finger the damping settings and sway bar stiffness and I'll share any and all info I come up with.

My focus will be street oriented too - no track time on this one.

Kfab- sounds like you'll be installing the exact same parts only a few days before me. Excited to compare findings with you. Oh, and thanks for posting those suspension part numbers on the other thread btw...:cheers:

Fonzie Audi
October 1st, 2008, 15:58
They said they couldnt do it. The OEM end links wouldnt reach the stiff setting??

Not what i wanted to hear this morning.....
On top of that, need new rear brake pads an rotors.

:vgrumpy:

melsas
October 2nd, 2008, 02:48
The bars should be able to be set to either setting. I don't have my instructions handy; I would loosen both bushings, twist the bar a bit, and then try to attach endlinks to holes for stiffer setting.The bolts will fit through the endlinks at a slight angle.Then re-tighten the bolts on both bushings.

Fonzie Audi
October 2nd, 2008, 14:00
Thanks melsas