PDA

View Full Version : Problems at home

Lazlo
September 26th, 2008, 22:32
So, as I posted in my intro thread (http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16552) I bought the RS6 as a "family" car, as "my" car doesn't have room for a car seat.

I bought the RS6 to fill a hole in the garage, as I needed a sedan that could fit a car seat, was an auto so mom could drive it and something fun that I would enjoy driving. Well, I made a mistake that will cost me seat time.

AM (the significant other) drove it barely last week when I had to drop "my" car off at the dealer for regularly scheduled maint. She drove the RS6 there to pick me up and put very few miles on it. After that, the RS6 sat at the airport during my business trip and upon my return, AM drove the RS6 again from the dealer after I picked up "my" car. The rest of the time, she drove "her" vehicle, a Nissan XTerra.

Today, I had an app't at Audi to get a key added and coded but my schedule didn't allow me to do it. AM took over for me, brought the RS6 to the dealer and spent the day running errands, etc with "our" car. As I was driving home from work, she told me she understood why people like Audi quattros and how funny it was that people were commenting on the car. "Oh my GOSH! It really flies up the hill by the house and it is so comfortable!" She also confessed that she was very close to taking the car on a few hundred mile road trip to visit family out of state.

She grabbed a hat for me and I fear that I will see little seat time in it now...

Oh well.

The RS6
September 26th, 2008, 23:04
LoL :D

When I saw the name of the topic and glanced through the text mentioning "seat time" I thought the AM did something very wrong with the car and because of that you'd get some (jail) seat time :D

hahah

nene
September 30th, 2008, 03:08
I feel your pain!!! The RS6 is her favorite too. Sounds like problems in a good home.

Lazlo
September 30th, 2008, 03:54
LoL :D

When I saw the name of the topic and glanced through the text mentioning "seat time" I thought the AM did something very wrong with the car and because of that you'd get some (jail) seat time :D

hahah

Well, I may have avoided some additional law enforcement "intervention" the other morning. Didn't take long to have an unplanned conversation on the side of the highway with a trooper about the capabilities of the RS6. Some sweet talking and name dropping got me a verbal warning and a lecture. AM drives like a little old lady, so I am not worried about that, with her.

I feel your pain!!! The RS6 is her favorite too. Sounds like problems in a good home.

Well, nene, AM is from your state and I would appreciate an instant message if you see an Avus RS6 with CT tags being driven irresponsibly in your area. Thanks. :)

-Lazlo

DuckWingDuck
September 30th, 2008, 04:35
The answer to this problem of course, is to buy another RS6! heh.

liwi
September 30th, 2008, 08:47
good luck :rs6kiss: