PDA

View Full Version : R8 V10...

KresoF1
September 26th, 2008, 18:18
...is maybe coming in Paris.

So, lets start the thread about it(again)!

Power fact-386kw/525ps as we already know from ETKA...

Here are provisional color combos for R8 V10:

Phantom Black/Lava Grey
Ibis White/Ice Silver
Daytona Grey/Quartz Grey
Ice Silver/Apollo Silver
Brilliant Red/Brilliant Red
Sepang Blue/Sepang Blue

Interesting, isn't it?

Carbon Sigma and Oxygen Silver side blades will be option from the start also.

I can not tell you more right now...:R8kiss: :jlol: :hihi:

The RS6
September 26th, 2008, 19:09
That sepang blue should look awesome! Do you know the torque figures?

KresoF1
September 26th, 2008, 19:33
540Nm...

Leadfoot
September 28th, 2008, 21:35
525hp+400ft/lbs isn't really going to set the world alight, but it should provide the R8 with a much needed boost to help it compete with the other supercars out there.

The only thing that the R8 has which most other don't is it's perfectly balanced chassis that is so controllable and easy to drive hard regardless of the road and weather conditions.

KresoF1
September 29th, 2008, 07:27
The only thing that the R8 has which most other don't is it's perfectly balanced chassis that is so controllable and easy to drive hard regardless of the road and weather conditions.

Well, I do not agree fully with you. Why?

R8 chassis is indeed almost perfect for me BUT, with ESP off this car requires drivers knowledge and respect. In this mode car is natural oversteer animal without a hint of traditional Audi understeer... In fact I will repeat again-R8 is as far as possible in drive dynamics and overall feel from all current Audi models.

My point R8 is easy to drive hard car when you get used to it or learn how to drive it fast. In begginer hands it could be dangerous car(as can be any Porsche, Ferrari or Lambo)...

Erik
September 29th, 2008, 08:15
Mid-engined cars have always been difficult to drive or "dangerous" to drive, you have to be quick as a cobra to catch them.

Z07
September 29th, 2008, 15:12
Mid-engined cars have always been difficult to drive or "dangerous" to drive, you have to be quick as a cobra to catch them.
Are they as bad as FF cars? The rear end hardly ever lets go with FF but when it does, you may as well just assume the crash position because it isn't coming back.

With FR the rear is lost more easily but it comes back much more easily too. Never had the experience of catching my ass in an MR, only drove one briefy on a track day gift package.

RXBG
September 29th, 2008, 15:38
Are they as bad as FF cars? The rear end hardly ever lets go with FF but when it does, you may as well just assume the crash position because it isn't coming back.

With FR the rear is lost more easily but it comes back much more easily too. Never had the experience of catching my ass in an MR, only drove one briefy on a track day gift package.

agree on the FF. scariest thing in the world is an oversteering FF. sure, you have to drive like a jack ass to get it that way but then.... good luck.

afaic my R8 is the safest car i've ever driven or owned- at least at the regular speeds of an average joe like me. it takes some learning to get to know what to do if this or that happens but overall much more confidence inspiring than my S4.

artur777
September 29th, 2008, 16:24
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but:

FF- front-front
MR - mid-rear
FR - front-rear

am I right?

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2008, 16:30
Are they as bad as FF cars? The rear end hardly ever lets go with FF but when it does, you may as well just assume the crash position because it isn't coming back

Totally crap, a FWD car is easier to catch then anything else, the problem is knowing what to do in any of them and not to panic when it happens.

In FWD when the tail steps out all you need do is apply more throttle to bring the nose wide and regain control. RWD is more predictable but harder to control when it steps out, you need to be ready with opposite lock and control the throttle as a tank slapper will result in you being thrown off in the direction the tail stepped out, plus the angle of slip where it is recoverable is much less than FWD.

Mid-engined cars are like rear-engined cars but to a lesser degree, you get the pendulum effect going on where it's easy to have to tail snaking progressively worse until it finally goes.

Kerso is correct that taking the ESP off you need to have your whits about you but it's probably the easiest of all Mid-engined cars to control which was what I meant in the first place.

Z07
September 29th, 2008, 17:36
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but:

FF- front-front
MR - mid-rear
FR - front-rear

am I right?
Yes.

Totally crap, a FWD car is easier to catch then anything else, the problem is knowing what to do in any of them and not to panic when it happens.
Not in my experience. The only time it oversteers is after momentary understeer. The front suddenly grips and the rear slingshots itself round.

In FWD when the tail steps out all you need do is apply more throttle to bring the nose wide and regain control. RWD is more predictable but harder to control when it steps out, you need to be ready with opposite lock and control the throttle as a tank slapper will result in you being thrown off in the direction the tail stepped out, plus the angle of slip where it is recoverable is much less than FWD.
Not in my experience. Your theory is correct for FWD but in practice it just isn't that simple. Regaining control of either a 200SX, RWD skyline or AWD skyline is far easier than regaining control of say a Mondeo or a Vectra. The thing to note is the method by which the rear end is lost. RXBG hit the nail on the head, you have to go stupid to lose the rear with FWD but when it does happen the car's basically gone. I've done a lot of airfield experimentation with this. The problem isn't helped by the fact that most FWD cars have sod all torque or power to pull you out. You might have more luck with a touring car or something.

Mid-engined cars are like rear-engined cars but to a lesser degree, you get the pendulum effect going on where it's easy to have to tail snaking progressively worse until it finally goes.

Kerso is correct that taking the ESP off you need to have your whits about you but it's probably the easiest of all Mid-engined cars to control which was what I meant in the first place.
I'll take your word for that. I've only had a few laps in a 355 on a track day gift package and I wasn't about to start practicing with the rear end. Back in the '90s people would actually have given a shit if a 355 was written off.:hihi:

RXBG
September 29th, 2008, 18:02
....the scariest moment i have ever had in a car was going only 40 mph in a honda accord when i suddenly encountered a curve that was twice as tight as i thought it was and hit wet pavement at the same time. i didn't know wtf was happening...

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2008, 19:46
Not in my experience. The only time it oversteers is after momentary understeer. The front suddenly grips and the rear slingshots itself round.

Only in certain types of fwd cars. You have to remember that most cars including fwd ones are by design meant to push the nose (understeer) when you go to fast. But the kind that have a playful tail are the kind you see on trackdays, mostly Honda Type Rs of one sort or another but you could include the new Mini, the Focus ST and RS, the Golf GTI MkV and the TT 2.0TFSi among a few.

Not in my experience. Your theory is correct for FWD but in practice it just isn't that simple. Regaining control of either a 200SX, RWD skyline or AWD skyline is far easier than regaining control of say a Mondeo or a Vectra. The thing to note is the method by which the rear end is lost. RXBG hit the nail on the head, you have to go stupid to lose the rear with FWD but when it does happen the car's basically gone. I've done a lot of airfield experimentation with this. The problem isn't helped by the fact that most FWD cars have sod all torque or power to pull you out. You might have more luck with a touring car or something.

Sorry but it is that simple. I have driven the Fiesta Rallycar on quite a few occasions and the style of driving is almost identical to either the Subaru (AWD) or any RWD car you care to name. The tail is used in the exact same way to control the car and once it's sideways you use the throttle to bring the nose wide and regain control, it's that simple.

The same technique is used on the track when the tail steps out (by design), the only difference is that most fwd cars are not designed to throw the tail, only the nose and most people aren't knowledgeable to know what to do when the occasion arises, most hit the brake which is what not to do, when that is done the tail keeps going, but the same is true for rwd as well.

The simple truth is that with both awd and fwd you can control the car with a much greater slip angle than you can with a rwd car, regardless of make or model.

I'll take your word for that. I've only had a few laps in a 355 on a track day gift package and I wasn't about to start practicing with the rear end. Back in the '90s people would actually have given a shit if a 355 was written off.:hihi:

Trust me, I know this from experience. The pendulum effect is extremely difficult to control and it's really only present in mid and rear engined cars. But in their defence you do have to drive them differently and their ability in the dry and wet are very similar, more so the mid-engined car.

Z07
September 29th, 2008, 21:10
Only in certain types of fwd cars. You have to remember that most cars including fwd ones are by design meant to push the nose (understeer) when you go to fast. But the kind that have a playful tail are the kind you see on trackdays, mostly Honda Type Rs of one sort or another but you could include the new Mini, the Focus ST and RS, the Golf GTI MkV and the TT 2.0TFSi among a few.

Sorry but it is that simple. I have driven the Fiesta Rallycar on quite a few occasions and the style of driving is almost identical to either the Subaru (AWD) or any RWD car you care to name. The tail is used in the exact same way to control the car and once it's sideways you use the throttle to bring the nose wide and regain control, it's that simple.

The same technique is used on the track when the tail steps out (by design), the only difference is that most fwd cars are not designed to throw the tail, only the nose and most people aren't knowledgeable to know what to do when the occasion arises, most hit the brake which is what not to do, when that is done the tail keeps going, but the same is true for rwd as well.

The simple truth is that with both awd and fwd you can control the car with a much greater slip angle than you can with a rwd car, regardless of make or model.

You're talking about a rally car and you're talking about more sporty FWD cars that can give more progressive oversteer. The average FWD cars will not handle like that and simply don't have the power to pull the car straight and in the wet will not have the traction to do so either. When the front end boat anchors itself, it will just pitch the rear end around almost instantaneously. I've driven a fair few so I'm speaking from experience here. At times the rear end may not even be touching the road during an FWD oversteer, and if it is, probably only with one wheel and that's part of the problem - no/little rear end grip to stop the rear from swinging.

Given the choice between catching RWD oversteer and FWD oversteer, I'm going with RWD everytime.

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2008, 22:37
You're talking about a rally car and you're talking about more sporty FWD cars that can give more progressive oversteer. The average FWD cars will not handle like that and simply don't have the power to pull the car straight and in the wet will not have the traction to do so either. When the front end boat anchors itself, it will just pitch the rear end around almost instantaneously. I've driven a fair few so I'm speaking from experience here. At times the rear end may not even be touching the road during an FWD oversteer, and if it is, probably only with one wheel and that's part of the problem - no/little rear end grip to stop the rear from swinging.

Given the choice between catching RWD oversteer and FWD oversteer, I'm going with RWD everytime.

Yes I know I am talking about rally cars and fwd cars which by design have a more playful rear end and your average Mondeo wouldn't be as easy to recover but the same is true for any rwd with little power, in the occasion when it's tail goes it isn't power which has caused it and there is not the power to control it either. So what you get is a tank slapper when the rear finally regains grip which it will and that steering lock which you have turned into the slip with throw you off the road.

Really we are picking holes here, this is a Car forums about hi-powered motors, the type which us guys are interested in, so playful fwd cars are the ones I at least am talking about.

Z07
September 29th, 2008, 22:51
Yes I know I am talking about rally cars and fwd cars which by design have a more playful rear end and your average Mondeo wouldn't be as easy to recover but the same is true for any rwd with little power, in the occasion when it's tail goes it isn't power which has caused it and there is not the power to control it either. So what you get is a tank slapper when the rear finally regains grip which it will and that steering lock which you have turned into the slip with throw you off the road.

Really we are picking holes here, this is a Car forums about hi-powered motors, the type which us guys are interested in, so playful fwd cars are the ones I at least am talking about.
I'm done with FF cars. Can't stand them.:D

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2008, 22:53
I'm done with FF cars. Can't stand them.:D

I still love them, especially the ones like the GTI and the MINI. But I will always prefer a good powerful rwd or awd car better.

Just wanting to prove a point.

Z07
September 30th, 2008, 12:26

There aren't really any truly powerful FF road cars. Why? Traction. I'd like to experiment with some of the more powerful FF cars as I'm not convinced that they'd be any easier to correct. Cars like the 306 GTi6also ended up in a hedge more often than not.

I guess it depends on the oversteer mechanism. If the FF car is somehow set up for gradual oversteer, which is difficult, then your theory holds true. However, traditional FFs understeer strongly at first and then snap oversteer when the front bites. The latter is much harder to correct.

Leadfoot
September 30th, 2008, 15:03
There aren't really any truly powerful FF road cars. Why? Traction. I'd like to experiment with some of the more powerful FF cars as I'm not convinced that they'd be any easier to correct. Cars like the 306 GTi6also ended up in a hedge more often than not.

I guess it depends on the oversteer mechanism. If the FF car is somehow set up for gradual oversteer, which is difficult, then your theory holds true. However, traditional FFs understeer strongly at first and then snap oversteer when the front bites. The latter is much harder to correct.

I agree there isn't too many powerful FWD cars and it's traction that's the problem. But I disagree that they are any more difficult to make oversteer gracefully than anything else. The reality is that most people are average at best and understeer is the easiest telltale sign that ultimate grip is being approached. The reason that most FWD and AWD car understeer is that most people brake when shit happens, that's fine when it's the nose that has let go but it's a disaster when it's the tail which have let go.

The snap you are describing is the equivalent to a tank slapper with a rwd car, the outcome is just as problematic for the average driver and just as dangerous.

Damienr8
September 30th, 2008, 15:51
Back on Topic Guys hehe...

Kreso, are those the final figures for power? Also, why might it not be coming to Paris?

regards,
Damien

KresoF1
September 30th, 2008, 16:28
Power figures are from ETKA so, pretty final...
Intro in Paris? Slim chances...

artur777
September 30th, 2008, 17:34
R8 V10 seems to be less entertaining than R8 V8...
And the gearbox is also obsolete...
And no QTV...

In my opinion - RS5 will be much more new in the view of latest techs Audi have at their disposal...

I will bet that RS5 will be a bomb in the market differing from that for R8 V10 which wouldn't be able to compete with GTR, facelifted Turbo, LP560-4, 430 Scuderia and others.. the price difference will also be not that much..

Am I not right???

KresoF1
September 30th, 2008, 18:47
And no QTV...

In my opinion - RS5 will be much more new in the view of latest techs Audi have at their disposal...

I will bet that RS5 will be a bomb in the market differing from that for R8 V10 which wouldn't be able to compete with GTR, facelifted Turbo, LP560-4, 430 Scuderia and others.. the price difference will also be not that much..

Am I not right???

I have to ask-do you know what are you talking about?

QTV? In mid engine car with visco based AWD? I better stop here...

Leadfoot
September 30th, 2008, 18:51
I have to ask-do you know what are you talking about?

QTV? In mid engine car with visco based AWD? I better stop here...

A bit blunt but I was also debating to ask the same question.

QTV should improve the performance of the normal RS models to the sort of standard the R8 already enjoys but I doubt it will be better, the basic layout and suspension design of the R8 are the things which makes it so special, not it's awd system.

Z07
September 30th, 2008, 19:58
I agree there isn't too many powerful FWD cars and it's traction that's the problem. But I disagree that they are any more difficult to make oversteer gracefully than anything else. The reality is that most people are average at best and understeer is the easiest telltale sign that ultimate grip is being approached. The reason that most FWD and AWD car understeer is that most people brake when shit happens, that's fine when it's the nose that has let go but it's a disaster when it's the tail which have let go.

The snap you are describing is the equivalent to a tank slapper with a rwd car, the outcome is just as problematic for the average driver and just as dangerous.
A 'tank slapper' is a clumbsy regain of control AFAIK. I've experienced both power oversteer and entry oversteer with RWD and AWD cars (R32 GTR) and they are far easier to correct in both types of oversteer than the snap oversteer that FWD can bring on. The problem with FWD snap oversteer is that the rear is barely touching the ground and there's virtually no weight there, so trying to achieve grip once again isn't easy. It just catapults round its boat anchor front end, which has all but stopped moving regardless of accelerator position. It might be different in a sportier FF car where the rear pokes out a little when braking into a corner and front end momentum is maintained.

Damienr8
September 30th, 2008, 20:24
And no QTV...

Am I not right???

Hi Artur, lets not jump to conclusions here. So far we have no specifics on the gearbox (6-speed, r-tronic, or s-tronic) and on whether QTV ( I assume you mean Quattro Torque Vectoring) will be imtroducted on the V10 variant of the R8. I think the V10 R8 will be more "entertaining" aside from it being just an R8 with a V10 engine.

KresoF1
September 30th, 2008, 20:42
NO. It will be the same R8, just with V10 engine. Manual and R Tronic gerbox options.

QTV is NOT needed and NOT possible with mid engine layout.

Damienr8
September 30th, 2008, 20:58
NO. It will be the same R8, just with V10 engine. Manual and R Tronic gerbox options.

QTV is NOT needed and NOT possible with mid engine layout.

Forgive my lack of knowledge Kreso but why would QTV not be possible with a mid engined layout. I have read about it a bit and understand that, "highly compact and can be contained with very limited intrusion into an existing differential packaging envelope". Also as the R8 is mid engined ( and QTV distributes torque from the engine in continuously between the rear /axelswheels), shouldn't it have sufficient space for the QTV package?

thanks,
Damien

artur777
September 30th, 2008, 21:01
KresoF1,

I may be not so advanced in car techs, but cpuld you pls explain why QTV isn;t possible in mid-engine layout?

QTV - is just to distribute torque between wheels of the rear axle?
why isn;t it possible?

sorry if the question is stupid...

KresoF1
October 1st, 2008, 07:10
First, R8 alread use rear LSD. Second, QTV differential is too big for R8(or Gallardo LP560-4). Third, QTV differential in new S4 is designed from the scratch to work in junction with Torsen based AWD so, inplatition in Visco base AWD with power split of 70/30 is not possible. Fourth, QTV would not improve drive dynamcis of R8 since it already use LSD for rear wheels. Fifth, QTV is not fully mechancial diff but, electronically controlled one. In theory it should work very nice just, very nice in S4, NOT in R8. Sixth, R8 use rear tires of 295 or 305 wide! QTV would overheat in a minute with tires that wide. Pure mechanical LSD with ESP in two stages is the best solution for mid engine AWD layout car like R8.

And just to end the hype about QTV... Is it a standard item in S4? NO. Why, when it is not that expensive option(OK, you must buy Drive select as well)? Will QTV be that much better then current AWD setup say it in S5?
I can tell you one thing-current S5 will be much safer car to drive for average Joe then QTV equiped S4. QTV will make car more rear lively and while that effect is excellent for dry road I am wondering about wet road...
QTV is not an revolution-it is just advcanced electonical differential that mimic LSD action. Is it a must for all future Audi's? I can not say just my opinion is-do we all want Audi's that drives similar to BMWs?

Leadfoot
October 1st, 2008, 11:07
Kerso,

I agree with the first paragraph relating to the R8 but disagree with your opinion of QTV that it will make the cars more difficult to control, that is plain wrong and misinformation. QTV tightens the line of the car, reducing understeer but only in it's most aggressive setting will the possibility of oversteer become an issue and even then it will be less of a problem than one would get in a proper rwd car fitted with a LSD.

I don't understand why you play down any new technology that Audi bring out. BMW have a similar system in the X6 and the difference it makes over the non-equipped X5 is remarkable. Serious man you need to get with the programme.

KresoF1
October 1st, 2008, 12:31
Kerso,

I agree with the first paragraph relating to the R8 but disagree with your opinion of QTV that it will make the cars more difficult to control, that is plain wrong and misinformation. QTV tightens the line of the car, reducing understeer but only in it's most aggressive setting will the possibility of oversteer become an issue and even then it will be less of a problem than one would get in a proper rwd car fitted with a LSD.

I don't understand why you play down any new technology that Audi bring out. BMW have a similar system in the X6 and the difference it makes over the non-equipped X5 is remarkable. Serious man you need to get with the programme.

Again, not very nice manners from you... You did this already few times to me... Did you drove QTV equiped car(X6)? Why is then X6 slower on wet handling track then X5?

Most of my comment were in regard with R8 and not very since comment about this car by some other member here...

QTV is IMHO nice piece of technology, specially for normal Torsen AWD Audi's. BUT, car like R8 would not benefite from it at all. That is my very personal opinion...

Do you know the difference between you and me? I respect your opinion and you do not respect mine. Clear as a sky...

I am sportscar enthusiast and my R8 is as perfect sportscar as it could be. You are very, very BIG Audi fan... I am probably just average Audi fan in comparsion...

Leadfoot
October 1st, 2008, 13:02
Again, not very nice manners from you... You did this already few times to me... Did you drove QTV equiped car(X6)? Why is then X6 slower on wet handling track then X5?

Most of my comment were in regard with R8 and not very since comment about this car by some other member here...

QTV is IMHO nice piece of technology, specially for normal Torsen AWD Audi's. BUT, car like R8 would not benefite from it at all. That is my very personal opinion...

Do you know the difference between you and me? I respect your opinion and you do not respect mine. Clear as a sky...

I am sportscar enthusiast and my R8 is as perfect sportscar as it could be. You are very, very BIG Audi fan... I am probably just average Audi fan in comparsion...

I can't understand how my remarks were viewed in such a way as to be insulting but if they were I apologize, it was not my intention, only to explain that this constant playing down of their new technology could be regarded as negative in the extreme. I also agree with what you said about the R8 and my comments were addressing the QTV technology.

P.S.

Yes I have driven the X6 and compared it to the X5, I can't say if there is much of a difference in the wet but you definitely notice the diff doing it's work and it's remarkable how much better the X6 holds it's line compared to the X5. You wouldn't think they were basically the same chassis.

Also remember my comment that even when QTV does oversteer it will be a lot more controllable then a rwd car with a LSD, even you have to admit that to be true which is basically my point.

Erik
October 1st, 2008, 13:20
Oh, please behave ;)

Leadfoot
October 1st, 2008, 15:09
Erik,

Seriously, there was nothing in either of my replies to warrant a warning. I was just pointing out some facts that I have noticed.

Erik
October 1st, 2008, 15:19
Hey, there are no warnings given. :)

KresoF1
October 1st, 2008, 15:26
Erik,

Seriously, there was nothing in either of my replies to warrant a warning. I was just pointing out some facts that I have noticed.

What facts? You said directly that I bash every new technology from Audi. That is what you said.

This thread was originally about R8 V10. Not about FWD cars. When some other member made a comment about R8 V10 not been something special enough I responded the way I did...

My point again was that R8 do NOT need QTV.

@Erik,
Do not worrie. I want post that much any more...

Erik
October 1st, 2008, 15:35
@Erik,

Maybe that's why I worry ;)

Damienr8
October 1st, 2008, 15:54
First, R8 alread use rear LSD. Second, QTV differential is too big for R8(or Gallardo LP560-4). Third, QTV differential in new S4 is designed from the scratch to work in junction with Torsen based AWD so, inplatition in Visco base AWD with power split of 70/30 is not possible. Fourth, QTV would not improve drive dynamcis of R8 since it already use LSD for rear wheels. Fifth, QTV is not fully mechancial diff but, electronically controlled one. In theory it should work very nice just, very nice in S4, NOT in R8. Sixth, R8 use rear tires of 295 or 305 wide! QTV would overheat in a minute with tires that wide. Pure mechanical LSD with ESP in two stages is the best solution for mid engine AWD layout car like R8.

And just to end the hype about QTV... Is it a standard item in S4? NO. Why, when it is not that expensive option(OK, you must buy Drive select as well)? Will QTV be that much better then current AWD setup say it in S5?
I can tell you one thing-current S5 will be much safer car to drive for average Joe then QTV equiped S4. QTV will make car more rear lively and while that effect is excellent for dry road I am wondering about wet road...
QTV is not an revolution-it is just advcanced electonical differential that mimic LSD action. Is it a must for all future Audi's? I can not say just my opinion is-do we all want Audi's that drives similar to BMWs?

Hi Kreso,
So if i understand you correctly, QTV will not fit or work with the R8 because:
1. The R8 has a Rear Limited Slip Differential and the QTV is too big to fit in the LSD's place
2. QTV would not improve the dynamics of the R8
3. Being that QTV is not fully a mechanical component, it wouldn't work well in the R8.
4. QTV will overheat due to the size of the R8's rear tires.

Can you please expand on items 2, 3 and 4. I still dont undertstand why the QTV will hurt the R8.

Leadfoot
October 1st, 2008, 16:17
What facts? You said directly that I bash every new technology from Audi. That is what you said.

This thread was originally about R8 V10. Not about FWD cars. When some other member made a comment about R8 V10 not been something special enough I responded the way I did...

My point again was that R8 do NOT need QTV.

@Erik,

Once again I am sorry if my comments were taken to heart as it's not meant that way. Yes the thread did get side track and I was one of those people to blame, I guess I am like a dog with a stick.

I was trying (though it looks badly) to highlight the fact that when you discuss some of the new technologies which Audi are bringing on board that you sort of play their importance down. With QTV I was only highlighting the fact that compared to a LSD in a rwd car it will have less issues for controlling the amount of oversteer and it's purpose is not so much as to increase the amount of oversteer but to stop the understeer that awd systems have, especially ones which don't throw almost all of their power to the rear, like the Torsen Quattro which is in almost every Quattro car.

RXBG
October 1st, 2008, 17:03
kreso and leadfoot. why don't both of you go out to dinner tonight and share a chocolate dessert. ;p

btw- there is no reason why a mid engined car couldn't have a QTV-like awd sytem. wait and see what the new nsx gets.

Leadfoot
October 2nd, 2008, 16:11
kreso and leadfoot. why don't both of you go out to dinner tonight and share a chocolate dessert. ;p

btw- there is no reason why a mid engined car couldn't have a QTV-like awd sytem. wait and see what the new nsx gets.

Things are fine guys, it was a slightly misunderstanding. Disaster averted. :thumb:

RXBG, please tell us more about the system in the new NSX, I am all ears. ;)

KresoF1
October 2nd, 2008, 17:19
NO R8 V10 in Paris...

Ruergard
October 2nd, 2008, 17:24
NO R8 V10 in Paris...

I was really hoping for that... :( To close on the LP-560 I imagine?

HKS786
October 2nd, 2008, 18:47
NO R8 V10 in Paris...

Yeah I guessed. What a shame. When will we see it?

KresoF1
October 2nd, 2008, 18:50
Either LA Show in November or even Detroit in January...

Leadfoot
October 2nd, 2008, 20:17
Either LA Show in November or even Detroit in January...

I'm guessing LA, the car is due early 2009.

Damienr8
October 2nd, 2008, 20:27
I'm guessing LA, the car is due early 2009.

I agree, i just cant see it being introduced in detroit

artur777
October 2nd, 2008, 22:15
RS5 expected in Detroit, so R8 V10 to be presented later this year

RXBG
October 4th, 2008, 17:09
guys-- i didn't mean to imply i knew anything specific about the new nsx's awd system. but i do not think it will be a viscous system.

Z07
October 4th, 2008, 17:41
So the new NSX is getting Honda's SH-AWD?

Leadfoot
October 4th, 2008, 22:57
I has lost touch of how the layout of the new NSX will be, is it still mid engined or front?

Z07
October 4th, 2008, 23:34
I has lost touch of how the layout of the new NSX will be, is it still mid engined or front?
Front judging by the shape.