PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any suggestions on how to obtain service history on a used RS6?

Bigglezworth
September 25th, 2008, 05:55
I have a history report on the people that have owned the car I recently purchased and I'm confident that it would have received regular maintenance/warranty work at an Audi dealer given the stature of car. While I'm not hung up on purchasing vehicles that have no service history, it certainly aids in making some predetermined decisions for what you may do with the ride moving forward. Specifically I'm trying to ascertain the timeframes to which a couple of more important maintenance efforts were undertaken (assuming they have been at least once). Timing belt and suspension. The car just received new brakes and tires. Recently cleared a CEL for the Air Divertors (cracked hose at the nipple). If I cannot track anything down via Audi Cars of North America I'm simply going to do some preventative maintenance regardless of when it might have actually been performed in the past.

Tim

DuckWingDuck
September 25th, 2008, 06:04
if they've performed all their service at the dealership, then any other dealership would be able to call up the history I believe. If the owner had gone aftermarket/non-dealer, then well....

10SecS4
September 25th, 2008, 06:15
PM me your VIN # along with your e-mail address and I'll send you both the vehicle equipment data and service history.