PDA

View Full Version : Things I need to change on my ride

Bigglezworth
September 25th, 2008, 05:47
I'm not even a full month into driving the recently purchased RS6 and I am already in full motion to change out a few things.

1. The first will be the brakes! OMFG. Car came with a brand new set of rotors and pads as part of my purchase. Great you would think. Problem is I just can't get past the hair raising squealing at low speed stops nor the metal on metal grinding that I can feel through the pedal. Clearly I need to get some different pads prior to scraping away the new rotors to their wear limits.

2. In combination with #1, I'm going to put on a full 4 corner set of SS brake lines and flush the entire system with DOT 5 high temp racing fluid. The boil over incident I had at the track a week and a half back along with the need to use an emergency brake to stop in the pit area was a big wake up call.

3. Brake cooling mod. Don't need to say more on this.

4. ECU mod. Yes the stock 450hp just isn't enough. Car is a tank and needs more power to overcome that feeling of sluggishness (compared with my other rides anyway). Going to do the easy stuff first prior to delving into engine mods that require lengthier down time and intense disruption to the ride. Have read lots on posts regarding different ECU flashing/chipping and am strongly leaning towards the REVO. Would love to talk or PM with those that are currently running this system and get more personal feedback on experiences (either good or bad).

5. Winter is getting close for my part of the world and I'm glad to be running stock 18" rims with M&S all season tires. In the spring I will definately be swapping out the M&S for some summer tires. I really like the one set of S5 rims and may go with an OEM look and some PS2's or the like.

6. I will eventually toss out the DRC and put on some aftermarket coil overs. Undecided on final manufacturer and may even talk with a couple of the companies that I've used on my other rides that I don't see talked about for the Audi. Currently my ride feels fine, but a quick look at things when I was checking for that damn brake grinding sensation confirmed some slight dampness on the front drivers side strut. Uncertain on when the DRC last had any maintenance. Still seeing if I can track down some dealer maintenance records that the previous owner(s) might have had performed.

7. Finally, I would love to have the Recarro seat package, but I'm not interested in mortgaging the house to get it. Such a shame the US/CDN models didn't come with this option. The latest set to be advertised for sale on AW has an asking price that is nothing short of criminal. IF anyone outside of North America is interested in helping out a fellow enthusiast with the language barrier and reasonable price, please drop me a PM.

A solid start with a few things anyway. I don't need to go nuts on this ride as I have a couple of other extremely nice rides that perform just fine in speed and handling departments. Just want the family as a whole to enjoy things also since they don't ride in the other cars when I track them. :)

Tim

DuckWingDuck
September 25th, 2008, 06:05
I heard a rumour that Audi Mexico is able to order the recaro seats....

ben916
September 25th, 2008, 06:39
I heard a rumour that Audi Mexico is able to order the recaro seats....

Yep, DuckTonyMontanaDuck has it right AGAIN!

(Where does this guy get his information? The CIA? DEA? ICE?)

The Recaros come to the US in a semi submersible loaded with Recaros and these funny looking bricks of white powdery substance. The last shipment had the same bricks but with this green smelly leaves of plants...

just kidding....maybe :hahahehe: